Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 63164 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #1020 on: September 14, 2022, 05:06:21 pm »

"Maybe wind won't work. But you know what will? This shit. Think fast, asshole!"

Proioxis picked up the heaviest-looking nearby object she could find and just hurled it at Jack.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 14, 2022, 05:26:05 pm »

Mori looked at Kanade.

"Do you want to take the lead? This is a… complicated situation, and I’ve been known to intimidate people while talking about lunch."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 14, 2022, 06:47:24 pm »

Street Group (Mildred, Akihiko, Shiro, Jin)
Proioxis finds a shelf packed with the Chili Peppers' latest music, picking it up and hurling it at the spindly demon. However, Jack, having already recovered from the earlier assault, wrenches his knife up in time, cleaving the shelf in half as both halves embed themselves in the wall around him. He tilts his head, twirling his knife and tapping it against his teeth.

"Three on one....this is hardly fair."

He wrenches a broken shelf out of the wall and smashes it towards the group with his foot, aiming for Mildred, who is barely able to get out of the way. Kazuya, however, is struck, as the shelf smashes him into a nearby display holding copies of the newest Persona spinoff.

Popular Group (Aika, Mori)
"Alright. Futaba....we need to ask you something serious."
"Oh? Mishima, uh....sure. I'm not sure what you could want....but I'm happy to help.."
"We're looking for Yagami Fuuka. The idol. Now, we don't know what we're looking for, but it's imperative we find her. I'm sorry if it might be prying, but...I wouldn't be asking if we didn't need to. You're good with computers, so we figured you might be able to check the school records, or use your skills to track her down for us."

Futaba pauses.

"....I'm not sure what you could even want with....Yagami. If it was just Sawatari asking, I'd suspect something was up, but....."
"So, can you help us?"
"Can I ask why you want to find Yagami?"

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 14, 2022, 06:57:29 pm »

Club Group (Saya, Riku, Yui, Misa)
"Hey, long as you try. I just need you guys to look into one potential person for me. I need you to check if Koga, from the Student Council, is Yagami. If she is, warn her."
Misa nods "Do you want us to to keep the fact that you are the one asking this a secret." Misa asks? "If she is Yagami, she might ask who told us this. Otherwise, I'll probably tell Koga that someone asked us to tell the student council that they were told there was a stalker in the area who thought that an Idol named Yagami was in disguise somewhere in the school, and so they should keep an ear out for reports of that nature."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 14, 2022, 06:59:56 pm »

Mori paid close attention to Futaba’s body language.

"…I’ve heard from my birds… that a man by the name of Kitakawa has come to town."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 14, 2022, 07:17:56 pm »

"Fair? You're a fucking creepy stalker, who cares what you think is fair."

Mildred nudged Sugiura.

"If you got connections to anyone, let 'em know where and what. Pyrrha and I will fight this dude in the meantime."

She darted forward, then swayed back just in case he was about to try a counter to her rush, before swinging her arm forward and Throwing some materialized spikes.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 16, 2022, 03:21:18 pm »

Kazuya pulls himself out of the wall, shoving the shelf off of himself as he tries to get back on his feet. Though his mask is unmoving, Mildred can tell he's wincing.

"Damn....sure. I'll do that. I'll grab Kasuga and Akutagawa."

He snaps his fingers and enshrouds Mildred's projectiles in foxfire, throwing the Ripper back with the force of both his and Mildred's combined attacks, before hobbling out of the store.

Kitakawa winces as he rips out the burning spikes, darting to the side to avoid being there when Mildred arrives, and barely avoids Mildred bodychecking him as he throws himself into some nearby shelves, smashing them out of the way.

"You only say that because someone like you could never understand dedication! The pure love of a fan like me....cannot be deterred by some delinquents threatening me!"

At the mention of Kitakawa, Mori can sense an immediate change in Futaba's posture and demeanour. She visibly tenses, her eyebrows raise...

That, more than anything, confirms it to Mori and Kanade. Indeed, Mori can see it in Mishima's eyes; the feeling of realisation, her mouth hanging open as she mouths "Yagami".

That the girl she'd helped escape Kitakawa's predations two years ago was right in front of them.

"...where did....how did you hear that name?"

"Hey, if it makes it easier for you, tell her I asked. If not, don't. Just get it to her, quickl-"

As she says this, Tadano suddenly bursts in.
"Hey! Is Kasuga here?"
"Aki-kun? No, he left to do something. Why?"
"It's fine if you're here too, Akitsuki! We just needed someone to help us lift some stuff, is all."
"....actually, you've known Koga for a while. Tadano, can you just confirm something for us. Those rumours about Yagami..."
"Oh, those? Yeah, those are ridiculous. I've known Koga-senpai since we were both kids. She's been in the year above us since me and Miyazono were kids. Yeah, it's not her, but nobody wants to believe someone as dependable and skilled as her is Yagami."
"Well. I'll be damned. Still, a good idea to tell Koga what's up. I think you guys should still go help out the council, warn them. They might be able to find Yagami."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 16, 2022, 04:18:06 pm »

Mori let the air around him dissipate, and took a deep breath.

"Kaname found the information, and was the one to discover that he was in town. She sent Kasuga, Honda, Akutagawa, and others out to attempt to apprehend him, as well as sending the helper's club to find and attempt to warn Koga, in case the rumors were true, and the two of us to warn you, along with discerning your identity and, more importantly, looking after your safety."

Another deep breath.

"I know that... no one trusts me, and there are lots of good reasons for that, but I want you to know I'm not the kind of person that would leave someone high and dry in a situation like this" he continued, "I know that it's a lot to ask you to trust me now, and I realize exactly how terrifying and stressful this situation might be, and the fact that I'm not exactly known for respecting people's privacy, but I promise, if you're willing to trust me to help you out, I will do everything in my power to keep you safe, and hopefully to keep your secret secure. Fuck... after this I'm starting a rumor that you moved to Hokkaido just to make sure no one fucks around in my town again whether you ask me to or not, but that's beside the point. If you're willing to be helped by me, I'm willing to help, no devil's deal necessary, and if you don't trust it's out of the goodness of my heart, I can at least confirm I have a standing contract to protect the interests of Sakurajima Kanna and Miyazono Otoya, which includes your safety."

He looked her in the eyes, and held out his hand.

"So... what do you say?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1028 on: September 16, 2022, 05:33:51 pm »

While Mildred charged in, Shiro gathered brilliant energy in one hand.

"Just stop talkin', you're just gonna piss me off more!" She raised the arm and blasted Light at the Ripper. "Deflect this!"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 16, 2022, 05:41:46 pm »

"I'm just surprised I was that easy to find. I'm sorry, Mishima....I know you tried to help."
"Don't apologise to me."

Futaba sighs.

"Mishima and I go way back. We met when Afternoon and she were at a publicity thing, us to advertise our new album, her to promote Tomorrow with You when it was first airing. We kept in touch and she used some of her connections to keep an eye on me when Kitakawa started stalking me."
"When Yagami fled, I....may have pulled some strings. Changed her appearance, gave her a new identity. Made sure that Kitakawa couldn't follow her everywhere."
"Someone had to have told him. There's no way...."
"The only people who knew were myself and Shinomiya-senpai. I wouldn't have, Shinomiya-senpai views you like a sister....a question like that, I think Kasuga or Kaname would be more suited to find the answer to."

Futaba - no, Yagami - stares out the window.
"Is he here? On campus?"
"Hopefully, Kasuga and the others can get to him first."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 16, 2022, 06:09:19 pm »

"Well, I'd bet a sum his informant's a little masked toad who's been causing trouble around here lately, but that's beside the point for now." Mori replied, "If my assistance has been officially confirmed, I'm about to ask a question that's going to sound suspicious as fuck, but I'll need you to keep in mind that I only have your best interests in mind when I ask, so please answer honestly."

"What's the surveillance situation of this room? Is anyone outside likely to know anything I do?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 17, 2022, 12:17:09 am »

"You're a freaking psychopath dude. We're gonna beat the devil out of you and then you're going to a padded room for a long time."

Mildred picked up the shelf Jack had bumped into and swung it at him, using her freakish strength (only intensified by being a Kaijin) to beat him with the solid object - and hopefully keep his attention on her while Shiro snuck in a strike or two.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 17, 2022, 05:59:51 am »

"Well. I'll be damned. Still, a good idea to tell Koga what's up. I think you guys should still go help out the council, warn them. They might be able to find Yagami."
"Then we should do that, before things escalate."
Yui stood up and was ready to go. There was an unusual eagerness from the otherwise-meek student today.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 17, 2022, 11:20:51 pm »

"Then we should do that, before things escalate."
Yui stood up and was ready to go. There was an unusual eagerness from the otherwise-meek student today.
"Agreed. Tadano, the rumors that Yagami is in the area appear to have attracted a stalker of hers. As creepy stalkers are, to say the least, undesirable, we should inform Koga of this while we help with whatever needed lifting so the Student Council can take whatever the appropriate steps are."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 18, 2022, 06:03:47 pm »

"If being passionate is crazy, then-"

Kitakawa doesn't get to finish his sentence, on account of a massive shelf being smashed into him. He tries to brace himself, leaving deep rends in the floor as the shelf bends and buckles pushing him into the side, before shattering entirely. The shelf is immediately followed up by a blast of light smashed directly into his bony gut, courtesy of Shiro, sending him doubling over in pain.

Kitakawa's head snaps upwards, tilting, and you almost swear his grin has turned ever so slightly malevolent, if it wasn't already.

"Enoughenoughenoughenough! I won't let you get between me and Fuu-chan!"

The world seems to ripple around Shiro and Mildred. The air seems to change around you, and you feel, somehow, that you have entered a Domain. Yet behind you is the real world, right?

Backing away from them, Kitakawa places a hand to the wall, only for the wall, at the point of contact, to warp and weft into what appear to be grimy bricks and mortar, like something out of a Victorian period piece. The wall parts, just wide enough to admit Jack, and Jack throws himself through, as the wall closes up behind him, leaving only a hole small enough for his grin to be seen.

"I won't be stopped so easily, stupid peons. Something important from Fuu-chan.....heheheh...."

The last bricks fall down, and if Shiro and Mildred were to try to follow through the wall, they would find that it has reverted to painted concrete and shelves. The feeling of the area being like a Domain has also faded, and you now sense you are fully back in reality. Yet....you can still feel Kitakawa in the area.

At least, until a loud crash sounds, down the street.

Specifically, where Kasuga went.
Akihiko shakes his head, trying to regain his bearings, as he pulls himself off the road, briefly surveying the shattered window he'd been thrown into.

It had happened so quickly. One minute, he was following someone into the bookstore with a red jacket, asking them if they were Kitakawa - before realising that they were a) a woman and b) a young teen - certainly not the kind of profile he was looking for.

The next, a giant thing had crashed through the wall, and Akihiko had barely managed to pull her out of the way of danger before being thrown out into the road. He suppressed a sigh of relief as he could see the person he'd followed, the young woman, fleeing down back the road where he'd came.

Back to the task at hand.

"What the hell-agh!"

A foot in tattered leather shoes smashed down on Akihiko's chest, as the giant thing gazed down upon him.

"You were looking for me, weren't you? Stupid! Stupidstupidstupid! I'll teach your friends-"
"Give me a damn break with this crap! Henshin, Ibaraki-douji!"

A burst of crimson flames enshrouds Akihiko as he assumes his Kaijin form, the strongly muscled arms of Ibaraki-douji wrenching themselves around his assailant's foot and shoving him roughly into a nearby lamppost, denting it as the giant Kaijin (Akuma? Akihiko couldn't get a read on him, and it was giving him the damn creeps) tripped over, barely managing to stay standing.

Without missing a beat, Akihiko pushes himself to his feet, assuming a fighting stance, looking around. Shinomiya was, at least, safe for the moment.

But as for Akari and Honda....

He was really, really hoping Akutagawa was on his way.

"There's no cameras in here, and no webcams. Why do you ask?"
"This better be good, Sawatari."

"Y-yeah. We should tell Koga-senpai. Come on, let's move!"
As the party arrives at the Student Council room, they find Koga and Nanjou, quietly working away.

"Oh. Hello. I didn't expect you guys to come back so quick."
"..."
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 85