Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 63146 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #1095 on: December 16, 2022, 10:23:25 pm »

"Of course I'm in a play." Mori replied, "All the world's a stage, and men and women sim-"

He stopped abruptly as he charged forward, using all his speed and focus to grab Andras, ignoring any possible injuries he might sustain or any attacks, and once he was holding him, he released his form, transforming back into a human, as the two of them were ejected into the light.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1096 on: December 17, 2022, 06:13:03 am »

"Got it." Needing no further prompting, she leaps directly through the window toward the indicated spot. Her hands start glowing with gathered power once again, waiting impatiently for Akihiko to do his part.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 28, 2022, 11:04:16 pm »

"I'm right behind you!"

Mildred followed Shiro out, whipping up the wind to slow their fall to make the landing easier.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 07, 2023, 08:43:28 pm »

Mori, Kanade
The moment Mori shifts out of Kaijin form, he feels the shadows begin to reject him. He was foreign to them for the moment; he didn't belong there.

He manages to grab the demon's arm, but Andras struggles as he too is carried out of the darkness...

The moment Mori exits the shadow, however, Andras' exposed face lights up in a grin, insofar as it can, anyway.

"Did you really think your little trick would work in MY Domain? Are you stupid?!"

He manages to wrench himself free of Mori's grasp, Mori's human form being too weak to hold onto Andras properly. The demon yanks Yagami by the ankles into the darkness, pulling her in.

"Y-Yagami!"

"And now, it is time for our little game to stop. Goodbye, Sawatari and Mishima. She has an appointment with an old friend."

Before anything can happen, however, an opening rips itself open on the other side of the impromptu Domain.

Street Group (Mildred, Akihiko, Shiro, Jin)
The wall smoulders, revealing a door that wasn't there before. It resembles a classroom door normal to their school, just in the wrong place.

Akihiko clenches his fists, the red flames in his hands swirling.
"Now!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1099 on: January 07, 2023, 10:28:11 pm »

Wordlessly, Shiro raises both of her hands. The light gathers in her combined palms, building to a blinding intensity before blasting down the door.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 07, 2023, 11:36:41 pm »

"Knock knock, motherfuckers!"

Mildred dashed through the door Akihiko created, already throwing whirlwinds in front of her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 08, 2023, 02:29:22 pm »

The opening rift didn't even register for Mori, his mind was entirely locked on Yagami and Andras

"I welcome my mask, Fantomas!" he screamed as he charged towards Yagami and Andras, the shadows of his transformation merging into the shadows on the floor as he desperately tried to grab onto Yagami with his shifting hands.

But as his body took shape, it wasn't Fantomas.

"HIKA!" he shouted, all flash, no substance. He didn't need to cause any harm, just buffet the room in so much light, there were no more shadows to hide in.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 02:35:06 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 08, 2023, 10:04:38 pm »

What follows is absolute, unrivalled chaos.

The rift blows itself open, Mildred and Shiro piercing through, Jin, Akihiko, Kazuya and Saya right behind them.

The room lights up in a brilliant flash as both Shiro's true light and Mori's false light bathe the room in blinding light, ejecting Yagami from the shadows as well as Andras.

And then....
"Fine then. Come out, Jack."

A hole tears itself in the side of the classroom, the rain-dampened bricks of whatever dimension Jack the Ripper enters as he forces his way into Andras' domain. With a bony hand, he reaches out and yanks Yagami into his grasp, covering her mouth as she kicks and struggles, trying to escape to no avail.

"Hello, Fuu-chan~"

"Get your hands off her!"

Almost as quick as lightning, Kanade is at Jack's side, but he's just that bit faster, that bit too far away, as Jack manages to disappear back into the wall, Kanade's blades striking plaster and concrete instead of Jack's cloak.

"I said goodbye, Sawatari and Mishima."

Another door opens in the Domain as he takes the opportunity he has. Before Mori can react, he lands a firm kick onto his chest, throwing him out of the door-

-and into the path of a truck on the road next to Hermelin.

What happens next to Mori happens in the space of a few seconds.

One moment, the truck is right in front of him.

The next, he hears Kanade yelling.

The next second, he is sprawled out on the side of the road, out of the way of traffic and unharmed.

And down the other end of the road, the truck that was about to hit him is stopped, Kanade's untransformed body thrown several meters away.

The door shuts behind Mori and Kanade, leaving Andras with the other newcomers.

He surveys his opponents, cracking his knuckles.
"You, I can take."

Akihiko wastes no breath and just rushes him, Jin and Kazuya right behind him.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 09, 2023, 12:01:44 am »

"Fuck! Shit! Fuck!" Mori shouted as he ran towards Mishima, his form already molting into blue flames as Reynart reformed by the time he reached her.

He would worry about what had just happened in the classroom later. There was an injured person in front of him, everything else was forced into the back of his mind.

By the time he had reached her, his hands were already glowing, and the words were already on his lips.

"KIA! KIRARA!", he yelled in a panic as he examined her condition, "Damn it, Princess. Fuck tactics, if you're faking this time I'm going to take Andras up on his offer and kill you myself. Kia!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 09, 2023, 12:26:07 am »

"I don't know what drives you to be the bastard that you are, but we're going to beat the devil out of you and then you're going to cough up where that sick son of a bitch took her."

With a roar like a jetliner leaving the ground, Proioxis rocketed forward on powerful winds and circled around Andras to cut off his escape.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1105 on: January 09, 2023, 05:45:36 am »

"You just gonna run away like a bitch again, or are you gonna fight like a man this time?" She raised a blade of light over her head and charged with a wordless battle cry.
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 09, 2023, 08:08:46 pm »

[Now Playing: Theme of Andras ~~Penumbra (Variant B)~~]
Akihiko's fist barely misses Andras' head as he lunges forwards.

"Not as fast as Mishima. Weak. Give me a real challenge!"

The masked demon swings his leg upwards towards Akihiko's head, but Mildred's wind manages to put him off balance, forcing him to miss, allowing Akihiko to shouldercheck him into a charging Shiro's path.

Mori rushes to Kanade's side, ignorant of the truck driver getting out of his vehicle and freaking out as he whips out his phone and calls for an ambulance, and the crowd beginning to take pictures.

After all, to them, it just seems like Kanade Mishima, famous dorama star, has just been hit by a truck.

Luckily, by some virtue of either his own magic or the general magic of the Kaijin, they pay relatively little heed to him. With some more luck, as he examines the damage, Kanade isn't as badly hurt as he expected. Whatever strength Kaijin biology grants, a truck isn't nearly enough to put one down.

"....Sawatari. Good....I thought I didn't get to you in time."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 09, 2023, 09:02:54 pm »

"NOT THE THING TO BE CONCERNED WITH AT THE MOMENT!"

Now assured that Mishima wasn't in critical condition, Mori's mind was quick to remind him of the fact that Yagami had just been kidnapped by her psychotic fanboy, who was a kaijin by the ...wait, no, the aura was more like Andras... a majin, even better. Meanwhile, all the others were dealing with Andras. He considered his options. He needed all hands, and since Mishima wasn't too injured, he could probably top her off with his magic and have her help... no, he could hear the crowd behind him. Taking her away now would just lead to more of a spectacle and more questions.

"Let them take you to the hospital." Mori ordered, casting a final Kiara to speed Mishima's recovery, "On the way, contact Gawain and tell him to start searching for where Jack took Yagami. My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. Text me Kazami's number and let him know mine, and if either of us find Yagami we can text each other the location, so I'll be transforming to my human form occasionally to check and he should do the same. As soon as you feel up to it, slip out of the hospital and start searching too."

He didn't give her time to respond, as he ran off in search of Yagami.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 09:21:05 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1108 on: January 10, 2023, 05:36:44 am »

The light resolves itself into a weighty sword, which Shiro slams downward with bone-splitting force. Despite the savagery of the attack, she was fully prepared to respond to the slippery bastard trying to twist his way out of it - or take a hit from him if it meant her own connected.
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 16, 2023, 02:34:39 am »

Mildred continued to press the attack from Andras's blindspot, throwing a haymaker wrapped in galeforce winds at his jaw from the side.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 85