Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85

Author Topic: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God  (Read 62667 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Demon Soul Saga IC Thread: Chapter 3: Hunt for the Eighth God
« Reply #1230 on: May 16, 2024, 09:48:01 am »

"Hey, hold just a moment," Mori replied, ignoring the "boy toy" comment and turning to Kanade, "I still need to talk to you for a moment too."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 16, 2024, 11:27:40 am »

"Hm?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 16, 2024, 11:33:56 am »

"Your offer from a few days ago. Obviously you're not in any shape for me to take you up on it right now, you should probably go rest soon, but I want to discuss when we can get around to it. Preferably sooner, rather than later."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1233 on: May 16, 2024, 02:36:31 pm »

Shiro's eyebrow ascends toward her hairline.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 16, 2024, 03:51:12 pm »

"Sure. I think we could use some alone time, Sawatari."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 16, 2024, 04:44:04 pm »

"Wow, that is quite possibly one of the most suspicious possible ways you could put it." Mori replied, before turning to Shiro.

"I wrote Otomo-no-Miyuki's monologue for the cross school play, but I've been told it's 'too wordy' and 'really complicated' and 'seriously man, we've been over this, most of the other club members aren't professional actors and you're already playing the emperor, so can you show a little mercy on the guy who's playing Miyuki and tone it down?' So Mishima agreed to help me make it... 'simpler'."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 16, 2024, 05:38:10 pm »

"That's an odd way to refer to me training you in the ways of Kaijin."

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 16, 2024, 05:46:22 pm »

"Ok, reconsidering the decision to stop hating you." Mori replied, ”If you’re going to be honest about what’s going on, do it from the start so I don’t look like a fool when I try to come up with an excuse, rather than saying something suspicious and vague that makes it sound like you don’t want other people knowing what we’ll be doing.”

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 16, 2024, 06:04:07 pm »

"I could have, but it was funnier to see what kind of excuse you'd come up with."
Kanade smirks.
"Your first lesson in Kaijin usage. Lighten up."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1239 on: May 16, 2024, 07:02:09 pm »

"Not gonna lie, I thought you two were actually dating in secret for a moment there."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 16, 2024, 07:05:57 pm »

"Why does everyone… that is absolutely the last thing I need."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 16, 2024, 07:06:38 pm »

"I prefer to keep my acting on stage, Akari. In matters of love, you always have to be honest with yourself and with your beloved. You never know what might happen."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 16, 2024, 09:53:08 pm »

What the hell is this, Akihiko?
Shut up.
A tool of justice? You can't master me if you don't fight, Akihiko.

More projectiles start hailing towards him. Akihiko dashes to the side, looking for a way in.
It's not a coincidence you summoned an Oni for a demon, Akihiko. An Oni enjoys the thrill of the fight. Let yourself enjoy the fight.

His movements are robotic, tired; a far cry from the martial artist Mildred knew.

It was too easy for Proioxis, with her superior mobility, to start circling around him. It was worrying, but she had to force him to fight. If he didn't truly believe how bad things could get if he didn't give it 100%, he wouldn't learn anything from this. She knew. She knew too well what it was like to lose against an Akuma, to give it your best and still find yourself on your back bleeding out.

She started attacking from each side like a whirlwind of fists, coming from one side with a quick jab before flying to a different angle and throwing a much harder hook.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 17, 2024, 03:33:07 pm »

Akihiko manages to parry the first few blows, redirecting them away from him with careful movements. But the parries are unsteady, unsure.

Why the hell are you still holding back?!

The next hook, however, sends Akihiko sprawling, as Akihiko lets out a grunt, pulling himself to his knees.

If I lose control, I...
Who in the hell do you think you are, Sawatari? What's stopping you? You and me, we always went after the bad guys with no hesitation. No fuss. You find the truth, you protect others, and damn the consequences to yourself.
It was never about enjoying the fight!
You throw yourself in the way of danger. You ran headfirst into everything. You LOVE being in harm's way. I'm just a manifestation of that, Akihiko. I don't know anything you don't already know about yourself.
You seek the truth. You seek justice. You like doing it. If you like punching a few fools...Honda had it right. You're the one who knows when to stop.
A single slip could be unforgivable.
So don't slip, stupid.

Akihiko snaps back to reality as Mildred hails another blow towards him. He manages to catch her wrist, trying to parry the strike, but his hand falters. Her punch is robbed of some of its force, but Akihiko is still thrown back a fair bit, releasing a few pained grunts.

So what if you like a fight? That won't stop you from being a hero of justice. Was it easy for all those heroes? This is your struggle.

Silence.

Saya needs you. She's your north star? Please. She's your princess, you're her knight. So pick up your damn sword and fight already! If not for justice, if not for truth, then because she needs you! That black-masked bastard....who knows what he'll do to her?
...you drive a hard bargain.
I'm you, dumbass. We drive a hard bargain.

Akihiko picks himself up off the ground, rubbing the dirt off his face, readying himself.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 17, 2024, 03:39:53 pm »

Mildred had absolutely zero hesitation, fighting like a wild beast. It was probably a bit scary for Akihiko, so used to having her fight like this at his back, to suddenly be faced with the prospect of facing the actual Mad Dog of Mishima. She jetted in, drawing back her right hand as if for a punch before lowering her body and instead using her left shoulder as a battering ram. But whether he blocked it, parried it, or it hit made no difference; she was already continuing her flow by using the tailwind in the wake of her mad dive to throw him back, trying to get him to the ground. And if he let it happen, it was going to be very difficult for him to get back up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85