Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 118587 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary Edition
« Reply #945 on: August 23, 2022, 08:37:24 pm »

Do I believe in Free Will? No, William knows what he did.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 23, 2022, 10:02:38 pm »

I believe in free will but that bitch deserved to die. I will say this about all fascists. I don't feel a single pang of sympathy for her or her family. Dear NRA, if you exist, do more things like this.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 10:04:12 pm by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 23, 2022, 10:45:57 pm »

So if murdering fascists is okay, is it okay for fascists to defend themselves against this mortal peril?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 23, 2022, 11:01:04 pm »

So if murdering fascists is okay, is it okay for fascists to defend themselves against this mortal peril?

Mmmm, imagine trying to worm your way into both-sides'ing the idea of targeting fascists for having already committed crimes against humanity, as if they haven't already been doing this shit without the theat of partisan reprisal to give them an excuse. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 23, 2022, 11:18:40 pm »

Mmmm, imagine trying to worm your way into both-sides'ing the idea of targeting fascists for having already committed crimes against humanity, as if they haven't already been doing this shit without the theat of partisan reprisal to give them an excuse. :V

Someone has to be the better person. Do you think that’ll be the fascists?

By all means defend yourself against the fash, violence is what they do, but once you cross the line into actively seeking them out to kill them, well… that sounds like something a fascist would do.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 23, 2022, 11:30:36 pm »

Killing them is self-defense. So yes.

Someone has to be the better person. Do you think that’ll be the fascists?

By all means defend yourself against the fash, violence is what they do, but once you cross the line into actively seeking them out to kill them, well… that sounds like something a fascist would do.
Again, the only way to stop them is to destroy or silence them first. It's not about method, I know that's what they think of us too, it's about ideology and them striking first. Seeking them out to kill them is defending yourself against them. Especially people like Dugin and his family...

УМРИТЕ, ГНИДЫ!

"If you kill fascists, you are a fascist" is a fallacy. It wouldn't be if they weren't actively responsible for crimes against humanity, but alas.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 11:33:43 pm by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 23, 2022, 11:34:03 pm »

What looks like an assassination could very well be in actuality self-defense against a person who would otherwise spread keep spreading unspeakable death and destruction.

If people are being executed, kidnapped, or poisoned on the regular, you're already in a war. And the generals running the war are valid military targets.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 11:37:46 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 23, 2022, 11:35:14 pm »

What looks like an assassination could very well be in actuality self-defense against a person who would otherwise spread unspeakable death and destruction.

If people are being executed, kidnapped, or poisoned on the regular, you're already in a war.
Exactly. They are essentially already attacking minorities, and it is idiotic to say minorities should just bend over and let them.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 23, 2022, 11:41:40 pm »

In a nutshell, if it's already escalated to the point of open genocide, arguing to "be better" kinda reeks of bothsides to me.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 23, 2022, 11:44:36 pm »

I'm going to apologize for any contribution to discussion of Civil War in Russia, and suggest we may wish to abstain from discussing the morality of Civil War and the actions done as part of that by the Rebels.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 23, 2022, 11:47:49 pm »

Preemptive strikes aren’t self-defense.

It isn’t a fallacy to say murdering a fascist makes you like a fascist because fascists kill people who don’t think like them all the time. It’s part of their whole deal.

In a nutshell, if it's already escalated to the point of open genocide, arguing to "be better" kinda reeks of bothsides to me.

If you feel the need to reduce yourself to the level of a fascist to win against a fascist, you’ve already lost. Political violence is not just a means to them, it’s a goal.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 23, 2022, 11:53:23 pm »

It isn’t a fallacy to say murdering a fascist makes you like a fascist because fascists kill people who don’t think like them all the time. It’s part of their whole deal.

If you feel the need to reduce yourself to the level of a fascist to win against a fascist, you’ve already lost. Political violence is not just a means to them, it’s a goal.
Except not making preemptive strikes just leads them to keep existing and spreading their ideology. Yes they are self-defense, and you are bothsidesing this whole debate by implying that fighting back against people who want to kill you is evil. Fuck that.

Also, fascism is more than just "killing people", and you fail to realize that. Political violence (against bigots) happens to be a goal for me too, and yet I am highly progressive. That is not fascism. You can call me one, but I won't give a damn.

NRA did nothing wrong. Hope they go for Dugin himself too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 11:54:54 pm by MaxTheFox »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 23, 2022, 11:59:18 pm »

It's not like running around shooting guys on the basis that they are in favor of small government or gun rights or whatever. If a person with institutional protection is committing murder, shoot 'em dead. It's not being the bigger man to sit around and watch people die.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 24, 2022, 12:04:49 am »

It's not like running around shooting guys on the basis that they are in favor of small government or gun rights or whatever. If a person with institutional protection is committing murder, shoot 'em dead. It's not being the bigger man to sit around and watch people die.
Yeah I'm not saying to shoot normal conservatives or anything. That's batshit. I don't like them but I don't want them to die. People often strawman me like this...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 24, 2022, 12:12:28 am »

Except not making preemptive strikes just leads them to keep existing and spreading their ideology. Yes they are self-defense.

Also, fascism is more than just "killing people", and you fail to realize that. Political violence (against bigots) happens to be a goal for me too, and yet I am highly progressive. That is not fascism.

NRA did nothing wrong. Hope they go for Dugin himself too.

I don’t fail to realize that fascism is more than just killing people, you fail to realize that reducing yourself to their level won’t change anything. All it does is allow a fascist to now legitimately say that their own preemptive strikes are defending themselves against persecution from their opponents.

Political violence is a component of fascism. Engaging in your own political violence is acting like a fascist would. You see that yes?

This is why I have a problem with what you’re saying. It’s basically punching yourself in the face: fascists are bad, but acting like a fascist won’t mKe them go away, it’ll just draw attention to the fascist cause, which will draw more people to it. What’s the point?

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 167