Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 119192 times)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #2130 on: February 09, 2023, 05:03:28 pm »

Is Viktor Yanukovych in your trunk  :o

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: February 09, 2023, 05:06:11 pm »

Western Satanism is when children exist, but glorious Russkiy Mir is when children die.
That's a cheap shot, you can similarly use Iraq's half a million dead as an example of western freedom

Did you watch what I responded to? I'm merely relaying the message. Bring it up with "Putin's army is God's army, there can be no mercy for spawn of Satan be they old ladies or children" priest.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: February 09, 2023, 05:19:46 pm »

Its like arguing that child fables don't make sense, a wolf that speaks pfff!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: February 09, 2023, 05:50:04 pm »

It's like the longer this collective mental illness goes on, the closer Russian fascists and American fascists start seeming identical. Stick a funny hat on Alex Jones and teach him to speak Russian and they'd be interchangeable.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: February 09, 2023, 06:25:06 pm »

It's like the longer this collective mental illness goes on, the closer Russian fascists and American fascists start seeming identical. Stick a funny hat on Alex Jones and teach him to speak Russian and they'd be interchangeable.
Where do you think the American Fascists are getting their money?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: February 09, 2023, 06:28:44 pm »

SpaceX has restricted the Ukrainian military's ability to use Starlink satellite internet to control drones in the war zone, SpaceX President Gwynne Shotwell has said. She stated that SpaceX's Starlink satellite internet "was never intended to be used as a weapon".

Heh. Why I am not surprised? Rather unpleasant news, we'll need to find new means for controlling stuff like naval drones

Found the CNN story about it. I hope Gwynne Shotwell is getting good money from E.sucks for taking all the blame.
Story: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/09/politics/spacex-ukrainian-troops-satellite-technology/index.html

I just figured out why she had to give the news instead of Elon. Their story is that they were too dumb to figure out what Ukraine would do with Starlink. Of Course Elon could never say that.

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: February 09, 2023, 06:41:17 pm »

Keep in mind that USA is in space race with China and there are starlink alternatives in the works, the more Starlink possible military applications are emphasized the more it would be treated in the world as huawei in USA.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: February 09, 2023, 07:05:52 pm »

Keep in mind that USA is in space race with China and there are starlink alternatives in the works, the more Starlink possible military applications are emphasized the more it would be treated in the world as huawei in USA.
I have no idea what you're saying.

Americans LOVE the weaponization of their American companies.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: February 09, 2023, 07:58:02 pm »

Companies want to be able to operate on foreign markets. When a company starts being perceived as a political/military tool of one government or another, it may no longer be welcome in markets opposed to the government in question. Like Huawei isn't in the US for those very reasons.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: February 09, 2023, 08:17:23 pm »

Companies want to be able to operate on foreign markets. When a company starts being perceived as a political/military tool of one government or another, it may no longer be welcome in markets opposed to the government in question. Like Huawei isn't in the US for those very reasons.
That sadly makes sense and explains so much.
And my damn government thinks corporations are people...

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: February 09, 2023, 08:43:05 pm »

When did this thread become so cursed.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: February 09, 2023, 08:54:14 pm »

Russian propaganda permeates everything, confirmation bias is real, and critical thinking is woefully under taught in schools across the globe.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: February 09, 2023, 11:06:25 pm »

Big dump of destroyed Russian vehicles today.  26 tanks.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: February 09, 2023, 11:59:38 pm »

I wonder what the current estimates are for Russia's remaining functional tanks.  The estimates I've seen put them at having lost about 3,260 tanks so far, which is mind boggling.  But those same estimates claim Russia only had about 3,300 to start with, so something clearly isn't adding up.  I'm guessing they just have a lot more in some functional shape than that.

I haven't really been tracking the current Russian offensive but what I did read sounded pretty bad for the Ukrainian defenders.  I'm hoping for the best, but don't have the same level of confidence that Ukraine will be able to keep the Russians at bay or reclaim all of its territory that I had a few months ago.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: February 10, 2023, 12:17:29 am »

What's happened to the Russian patriarchate in recent months is horrifying, and deeply un-Christian. I've mentioned before how tragic it is that people from Orthodox churches are going to war against each other.

In recent what? It is like this for a very, very long time... This version, which was recreated by Stalin, is one of the worst and most immoral Christian large-scale cults that ever existed.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 167