Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 69

Author Topic: Twitter is Dead, Long Live X!  (Read 52562 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I deleted twitter and you should too
« Reply #540 on: December 15, 2022, 11:10:07 pm »

Lol, now Twitter doesn't let you post Mastadon links :D

It is a hilarious trainwreck.

The saddest part is that Elon's fanbase still thinks that he is a benevolent genius and the savior of humanity not a narcissistic conman
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 15, 2022, 11:16:16 pm »

Lol, now Twitter doesn't let you post Mastadon links :D

It is a hilarious trainwreck.

The saddest part is that Elon's fanbase still thinks that he is a benevolent genius and the savior of humanity not a narcissistic conman
Cults be like that. Or maybe I should say fanboys be like that. Same diff, really.

It's just so hard having independent ideas and beliefs. It's just so much easier to just Drink the Free Beer. DWI's are for other people anyways.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 16, 2022, 12:20:02 am »

This is probably not much of a surprise to folks that actually care what E.suck says:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-04432-7

My favorite part was Fauci's original answer:
"On Sunday, entrepreneur Elon Musk called for your prosecution, claiming that you lied to Congress and funded research that killed millions of people. How do you respond to the tweets?

I don’t pay attention to that, Max, and I don’t feel I need to respond. I don’t tweet. I don’t have a Twitter account. A lot of that stuff is just a cesspool of misinformation, and I don’t waste a minute worrying about it."

... unfortunately, Falsi couldn't keep his story straight, and contradicted himself in the next Answer. Oh well.
I do actually worry about the CDC meddling in Social Engineering.
They've gone after Gun Owners before...

Rich Fucks fighting, why should I care?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 16, 2022, 04:00:38 am »

Cults be like that. Or maybe I should say fanboys be like that. Same diff, really.

It's just so hard having independent ideas and beliefs. It's just so much easier to just Drink the Free Beer. DWI's are for other people anyways.
Wait it there are cults that give out alcohol, all the cults I've joined had kool aid, I feel ripped off.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #544 on: December 16, 2022, 08:19:54 am »

Unlike you, I'm not a quitter.
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 16, 2022, 11:20:00 am »

(Corrected. Your irrational bias is showing.)
... unfortunately, Fauci couldn't keep his story straight, and contradicted himself in the next Answer.
...not really. He doesn't particularly worry about Twitter, but he's still got plenty of other idiots to worry about.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 16, 2022, 07:47:11 pm »

(Corrected. Your irrational bias is showing.)
... unfortunately, Fauci couldn't keep his story straight, and contradicted himself in the next Answer.
...not really. He doesn't particularly worry about Twitter, but he's still got plenty of other idiots to worry about.
Thanks for clarifying. Fauci's biggest problem is that he's just doesn't understand how easy it is for people to misread what anyone speaking publicly says. And I wasn't intentionally looking for a contradiction, it just seemed to be there.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 17, 2022, 02:23:46 am »

Compared to the current Chief Twit, and especially the ex-Twit of the Whitehouse, I think he knows (and cares) far more about how his every public utterance has consequences.

But anyone looking for an apparent slip can always find one, at least to their own particular satisfaction. As proven. What's the solution to that? No longer actually be the attempted voice of reason and science, just let anything said by anyone else (uninformed/misinformed/malinforming) go through on the nod? Might be personally easier, but wouldn't be more correct.

There are some for whom it is best to stay quiet, and be thought to not have any sensible opinions; rather than pipe up, and thence remove all doubt. But, however imperfect, Fauci has been shown to be far more correct than wrong; and, when considering the total guff out there (with or without his doing his actual job) being spewed by those whose 'job' seems not to involve any form of "truth clause", possibly even the reverse...

In other words, you probably don't actually understand Fauci's biggest problems at all.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 18, 2022, 02:20:23 pm »

So now links to Facebook, Instagram, Mastadon, etc are against Twitter's updated TOS. LOL

Yeah, it will help to keep people on Twitter, Elon

(I strongly suspect that some countries have laws against such gatekeeping behavior. Lawsuits will be hillarious)
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 18, 2022, 06:28:58 pm »

This is where the Twitter policy banning some links is posted. I'm not sure how these clauses are intended to work together...

"What is a violation of this policy?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"What is not a violation of this policy?"
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 18, 2022, 06:34:17 pm »

As long as the moderating is via human rather than AI, it's just another way for Twitter's new owner to bust your balls.

I found this most telling:

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 18, 2022, 06:44:48 pm »

Clearly written without an appreciation of the English Language, or at least the necessary legal nicities to rationalise the inconsistencies...

To quote Inigo Montoya "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 19, 2022, 03:17:27 am »

I'm still wondering when this pile of stupid policies and contradictions will collapse into the flaming pile it belongs in.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 19, 2022, 03:02:35 pm »

This is where the Twitter policy banning some links is posted. I'm not sure how these clauses are intended to work together...

"What is a violation of this policy?"
"What is not a violation of this policy?"
They've deleted that page now.

Then apparently there's
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 69