Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34882 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #675 on: July 17, 2022, 09:27:23 pm »

Ignoring the shitpost though, I really would like to learn why Shake is on so many people's "lynch this" list. I am also wondering if Shake will show up today or not.

Weekends are usually bad for me.  Sorry.  I prolly should have done due dilligance about if this was a "weekend active" game.  I chalk that up to me not playing in a very long time.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 17, 2022, 09:28:24 pm »

Fallacy
Knightwing, are you aware that if the vote is tied at the end of the day, scum decide who is executed? You just tied the vote.

Maybe it’s just me, but this read to me as “oh shit what is he doing, ABORT”
Knightwing, we don't want the mafia to decide who is executed, do we? In the event of a tie, the mafia decide who is executed.

You know today there -can't- be a tie, right?  Or were you talking about D1 and/or in general?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #677 on: July 17, 2022, 09:29:57 pm »

Nin. To answer Lidku's old question (which one exactly? Because you didn't bother to quote it when directly asked (your strange possible Knightwing+NJW link)).. Well, I don't have an answer to give you, given that you seem to miss stuff like the misconstruction of my own posts.

Just as I thought. Making blank statements that have no real weight toward them, then when probed on what exactly you mean by them, you just either ignore or scuffle up a light excuse to avoid outright answering. TricMagic is just really acting weird this game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 17, 2022, 09:42:52 pm »

Lidku:  What's wrong with the crane?  I'm i'm understanding it correctly it would protect a town from the mafia NK

I am like borderline blackout drunk right now; bear with me.

Tric:  Are you -trying- to draw an NK?  Why?

The Crane prevents Town from targeting them, not scum. Hence how Fal's ability would let them bypass it, apparently. Also spent Day 1 to pick up a pretty useful auto. Hitting me with the NK wouldn't do much as a result.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 17, 2022, 09:44:27 pm »

Lidku:  What's wrong with the crane?  I'm i'm understanding it correctly it would protect a town from the mafia NK

I am like borderline blackout drunk right now; bear with me.

Tric:  Are you -trying- to draw an NK?  Why?

The Crane prevents Town from targeting them, not scum. Hence how Fal's ability would let them bypass it, apparently. Also spent Day 1 to pick up a pretty useful auto. Hitting me with the NK wouldn't do much as a result.

oop, you're right.  That was a dumbshit thing to say, wannit?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 17, 2022, 09:45:29 pm »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 17, 2022, 09:46:57 pm »

Ahh, Lidku, if you think someone is scum bus them to Tric then I guess.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 17, 2022, 09:48:33 pm »

Nin. To answer Lidku's old question (which one exactly? Because you didn't bother to quote it when directly asked (your strange possible Knightwing+NJW link)).. Well, I don't have an answer to give you, given that you seem to miss stuff like the misconstruction of my own posts.

Just as I thought. Making blank statements that have no real weight toward them, then when probed on what exactly you mean by them, you just either ignore or scuffle up a light excuse to avoid outright answering. TricMagic is just really acting weird this game.
Ha... You really aren't playing a strong game Lidku, get hunting. Who am I paired with?
Also.. Why is there sudden italics, don't think that was in mine? You poked at me for ignoring a question, I answered that I wouldn't be answering it.

As is, I'm fairly certain you're the Crane in this scenario Lidku.

Nin.
Ahh, Lidku, if you think someone is scum bus them to Tric then I guess.
Yeah... He really should have done that last night, unless it's 1-shot.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 17, 2022, 09:49:21 pm »

I actually say the opposite of what you've posted.

I think the biggest threat to Town is figuring out who's responsible for the crane. It's dangerous because it isolates one Town member and prevents others from doing either Protects, Redirects, Revives - just anything that is a positive ability toward another Town member that might save them.

I don't know why you inferred I said otherwise.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 17, 2022, 09:54:30 pm »

I think the biggest threat to Town is figuring out who's responsible for the crane. It's dangerous because it isolates one Town member and prevents others from doing either Protects, Redirects, Revives - just anything that is a positive ability toward another Town member that might save them.

Alcohol.  And a fucking lot of it, to be honest.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 17, 2022, 09:54:59 pm »

Drunk, tired, cranky. Take you pick from their listed reasons. Instead of throwing a tree on top of them like it's actually subtle in the shade it casts and calling it a feather. It's a brush.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 17, 2022, 09:59:55 pm »

Ignoring the shitpost though, I really would like to learn why Shake is on so many people's "lynch this" list. I am also wondering if Shake will show up today or not.

Weekends are usually bad for me.  Sorry.  I prolly should have done due dilligance about if this was a "weekend active" game.  I chalk that up to me not playing in a very long time.
I think most of us would give you the benefit of the doubt on the weekend. I don't have any problem with your not being too active over the weekend.
It's the rest of the time that's bothering me.

It's not even inactivity, exactly, it's just that you seem so... null. This is the first time I even remember you clearly expressing an opinion that someone is scum. Besides, the Fallacy/NJW angle is covered fully at this point, so I just wanted to raise you as an issue to be considered... the vote means a little less than it normally would for me since I don't get to make the decision. I don't, exactly, think you're mafia, but... most of the people I (think I) can read seem pretty town. At some point I have to assume the exceptions are the exceptions. And you don't seem pretty town, you just seem kind of there. I don't really know if I'll be pushing for you tomorrow or not; it depends on the night results. But for today, when one person has the vote and there's nothing for me to do, I just want to make sure everyone is getting looked at fairly, and it seems a little like Lenglon is biased toward you. Then again, maybe that's just me being antsy about the decision because I have no influence.

Your whiny swearing at me doesn't faze me in the slightest.

Instead of throwing a tree on top of them like it's actually subtle in the shade it casts and calling it a feather. It's a brush.
What does this sentence even mean.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 17, 2022, 10:01:27 pm »

Ha... You really aren't playing a strong game Lidku, get hunting.

What exactly do you think I've been doing against you, TricMagic? You're the one I've been inclining to suspect as Mafia since D1 at this point.

Who am I paired with?

I don't know for certain at the moment, but I'm certain looking at you now.

You, however, seem to pair me with everyone under the sun almost every other post, but honestly come up with nothing strong and make up a whole new nonsensical team matchup.

Also.. Why is there sudden italics, don't think that was in mine?

The italics is my own commentary. I thought it would have been obvious, but I'll be sure to make it more so for future scenarios, if necessary.

You poked at me for ignoring a question, I answered that I wouldn't be answering it.

That's not a valid excuse. It just shows you cannot back up your arguments when asked for support for them; or wanting to hide your justification because you're Mafia, for purposes of either detracting or derailing Town.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 17, 2022, 10:07:32 pm »

It's not even inactivity, exactly, it's just that you seem so... null. This is the first time I even remember you clearly expressing an opinion that someone is scum. Besides, the Fallacy/NJW angle is covered fully at this point, so I just wanted to raise you as an issue to be considered... the vote means a little less than it normally would for me since I don't get to make the decision. I don't, exactly, think you're mafia, but... most of the people I (think I) can read seem pretty town. At some point I have to assume the exceptions are the exceptions. And you don't seem pretty town, you just seem kind of there. I don't really know if I'll be pushing for you tomorrow or not; it depends on the night results. But for today, when one person has the vote and there's nothing for me to do, I just want to make sure everyone is getting looked at fairly, and it seems a little like Lenglon is biased toward you. Then again, maybe that's just me being antsy about the decision because I have no influence.
Max: You're right, I am biased in Shake's favor, however, for one, he's also failing to meet the conditions I was expecting of him when I gave him the special read, similar to Egan, and for two, I am attempting to be aware of my own bias and adjust. That's actually a very large part of why I'm actively asking for others to present their cases regarding Shake, because your concern IS well-placed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 17, 2022, 10:10:56 pm »

Instead of throwing a tree on top of them like it's actually subtle in the shade it casts and calling it a feather. It's a brush.
What does this sentence even mean.
10, I'm tired, and more the fact that the post I quoted wasn't subtle in it's accusation of Shakerag. Despite the fact Shakerag gave reasons, they just ignored them, as usual this game. Lidku keeps doing it.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 64