Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34854 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #660 on: July 17, 2022, 04:37:37 pm »

FallacyofUrist: Why are you cursed to always be scum in webadict games? For that matter, why am I?
Dearest scumbuddy, don't call me out like that! We're supposed to be undercover -

Which is to say that I am not always scum, because I am definitely totally a loyal Town scum hunter this time around.

And I bet you are too.

My thoughts on everyone right now generally: Game has just started, so there is nothing to go off of in terms of suspicion. Some people have posted, but not enough.. but reasonable to understand, considering how late it is currently (Eastern US time, for me, specifically)
A bit early, but I appreciate the enthusiasm!

Shame you're definitely scum.

This whole interaction is weird.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #661 on: July 17, 2022, 04:38:00 pm »

Fallacy
Knightwing, are you aware that if the vote is tied at the end of the day, scum decide who is executed? You just tied the vote.

Maybe it’s just me, but this read to me as “oh shit what is he doing, ABORT”

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 2: Pecking Orders
« Reply #662 on: July 17, 2022, 04:41:58 pm »

Right now, Shakerag, but I don't have a strong case on him. Haven't found anyone I strongly believe is scum - the new players all read town if sometimes a bit flailing, and I'm struggling to see the max/fal/you thing as involving mafia... Still trying to figure out what's going on or being said between Tric and Lidku, and barely have my head above water on the replies front.

Just seen that last reply... I know the huge wall of quotes is there.
NJW:
[3] I'm okay with players using my content. It's not about the usage. It's that you argued on Day 1 that Egan and I were likely the scumteam without considering why I would make the point about Egan that they possessed no suspicions. Using that point yourself proves you were aware of it, but you never addressed why I would make it.
I understand you are busy, but it would be nice for you to address this point of FoU's in particular.
Hey, I thought it could be you/Max. Besides, I don't make entire-scumteam guesses D1 and assign them high probability, I don't think of myself as a genius. Your point was in itself correct about Egan - you could have made it as bussing scum. I still don't see what's confusing about the fact I found it fairly convincing.

Possibly I would have more cases if I had a moment to post on anything but replies...

One solution is to build your case first, then post it regardless of how many replies there are. Also, moving Fal to a Town-Read. they make good points. (Not going to point them out mind, but that's mostly time-saving.)

My main thing against Lidku is misconstruction. You're also guilty of it, and accuse others of it.

Possibly I would have more cases if I had a moment to post on anything but replies...
It's okay to disregard the replies temporarily to make a case. It'd probably be a more useful use of your time. Just don't ignore the stuff addressed at you indefinitely.
Nin. To answer Lidku's old question... Well, I don't have an answer to give you, given that you seem to miss stuff like the misconstruction of my own posts. One qustion to ask Knightwing is thus, what are the chances Scum weren't on Egan's Wagon?

Knightwing remains Knightwing I guess.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 17, 2022, 04:42:12 pm »

Fallacy
Knightwing, are you aware that if the vote is tied at the end of the day, scum decide who is executed? You just tied the vote.

Knightwing, we don't want the mafia to decide who is executed, do we? In the event of a tie, the mafia decide who is executed.

Which is bad.

What about it is weird?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 17, 2022, 04:48:11 pm »

Because I trust Lenglon as confirmed town, which I’ve said multiple times. and I’m getting more suspicious of you, you are acting off.
I think the question was meant to mean something like "why do you trust Lenglon as confirmed town, especially since Lenglon has not been confirmed as town?"

Or if it wasn't meant to, that's the question he should've asked.

Townreading is one thing, but you can't just go around saying people are confirmed anything.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 17, 2022, 04:51:20 pm »

True, we still haven't ruled out that a NPC Velociraptor was the true scum all along.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 17, 2022, 04:56:04 pm »

Ignoring the shitpost though, I really would like to learn why Shake is on so many people's "lynch this" list. I am also wondering if Shake will show up today or not.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 17, 2022, 05:50:43 pm »

Fallacy

Knightwing, we don't want the mafia to decide who is executed, do we? In the event of a tie, the mafia decide who is executed.

Which is bad.

What about it is weird?

The whole thing, I legit said this in the quote you are replying to.

Not only that, but your response to what I said makes me even more sure of your scumness

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 17, 2022, 05:55:32 pm »

Hey guys, I made this Mamobo utility that shows the changes in votes throughout the Day.  If there's ideas on ways to make it more useful or improve, please post them in the Mamobo Discussion Thread. This is really just a beta test of the feature.

Vote Tracker
------------------------
Maximum Spin voted FallacyofUrist [#514]
Maximum Spin unvoted [#543]
TricMagic voted Lidku [#572]
Shakerag voted FallacyofUrist [#592]
FallacyofUrist voted NJW2000 [#602]
TricMagic voted NJW2000 [#614]
FallacyofUrist voted NJW2000 [#619]
Maximum Spin voted Shakerag [#641]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 17, 2022, 08:49:04 pm »

Web: I like! Is it possible to run it on individual days? Like if we could run that tool on Day 1 specifically so we could see the sequence of votes players made over the course of that day?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 17, 2022, 08:53:07 pm »

Web: I like! Is it possible to run it on individual days? Like if we could run that tool on Day 1 specifically so we could see the sequence of votes players made over the course of that day?
I'm currently getting it to work on Day 1 posts, with color coordination for Town/scum when they're revealed. It is nearly done, but I need to fix a few of the bugs that are appearing with dead players. Technically, it works now, but there's some minor issues with it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 17, 2022, 08:57:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is Day 1, fully generated by Mamobo.

It should be possible to narrow down to specific players eventually, but this is everyone on Day 1 right now.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 17, 2022, 09:13:56 pm »

It's late so I'm just gonna stream of consciousness this as I re-read.

Knightwing64 doing the hammer is a little sus, but could still be clueless town.
A little wierd FoU was justifying vote on Egan immediately when D2 started.

Assuming FoU is telling the truth, I could see webadict making a role "always scum" as town.  But that's outgessing the mod.

There -is- a possibility that NJW2000 and FoU are the scumteam - NJW could be lying about what result he got in regards to FoU.

Knightwing64's argument about who to give "ruler" to is a bit of WIFOM, but potentially believeable. 

Lidku is maybe reading town, because of not wanting to use a bus ability.  Kind of.  Maybe.

Re-thinking FoU.  It was known at end of D1 that Max was untargetable by town, so scum would have to be really stupid to target Max.  FoU could have been bussed?  But I think FoU said he targeted Max regardless...

Lenglon:  I dunno.  I would personally be hesitant to use a bus ability on N1 if I had one with no good reads. 

Lidku:  What's wrong with the crane?  I'm i'm understanding it correctly it would protect a town from the mafia NK

I am like borderline blackout drunk right now; bear with me.

Tric:  Are you -trying- to draw an NK?  Why?

Eat my entire ass Max.  Why actually are you voting me?

NJW2000:  I was "uncharacteristally" quiet because I had a shit day.  Weekends are often fucked for me.  Take that as you will

Honestly, I don't have a strong read rn on the re-read, but my gut is saying NJW2000 because as scum he would like to not have me protecting Lenglon. 

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 17, 2022, 09:23:36 pm »

I have other things I want to say, but webadict is gonna ride my ass about being "hostile" so for the sake of civility I'll refrain.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 17, 2022, 09:25:31 pm »

True, we still haven't ruled out that a NPC Velociraptor was the true scum all along.
ಠ_ಠ
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 64