Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!  (Read 15424 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Day 1 - NINE Aligned
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2022, 01:31:45 am »

The important thing is that I am town.

Yeah, yeah, sure, of course, but I'd rather identify one scum between four chaos players and one scum between three law players, instead of identify one scum between four chaos players + Maximum Spin and one scum between three law players + Maximum Spin.
Right, so assume I am town, and then identify one scum between four chaos players, and then correctly decide that it is Knightwing, and then identify one scum between three law players. Then you win!

Okay, I know I'm not being helpful, but I'm 100% serious that I am town. If you are really concerned that I might not be, focus on finding my partner first, which would also give you my alignment; but it's a waste of time and you're better off just townclearing me in your head.

Actually, I'd really like to give you my alignment, but I'm pretty sure there's a reason it's hidden.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2022, 01:58:59 am »

That's reasonable. Hector seems pretty town here.

You suspect Jim so you're arguing that suspecting NQT over Jim seems wrong when NQT hadn't even posted yet. I don't agree, but maybe NQT will prove me wrong tomorrow. Voting Tric is definitely not the move.

@Jim:
Yes. Tric is town! Knightwing is mafia! The die has been cast. The coin has been flipped.

Not quite. Basically RVS for me is tipping scales one way or the other, but aren’t by any means solid reads that’ll last the game. As examples:

Tric gets his scales filled slightly to the town side for claiming Miller in his first post.

Jim gets his scales tipped toward scum for the shitposting, but tipped back toward the middle/town for the more recent stuff.

You’re doing odd things (but it is RVS and is “useful”) that are making other people post things but I don’t like that you are townreading Jim when his posts to that point didn’t have much “content” in them, while you were using that in a process of elimination to scumread NQT, who had any posted his oddness yet.

The Jim/NQT thing makes you look bad, but it’s a small part in your overall contribution that’s notable, but not worrisome.

It’s difficult to explain right given my lack of sleep. I think what it comes down to is I haven’t played many games with you or Jim, and you both cut your teeth in a different time to me on the board. You probably both have a better understanding of how the other plays and what that means as it relates to alignments. Consequently you’re doing a lot of work “under the hood” so to speak, so it makes sense to you that what Jim’s doing looks town because you’ve seen it before, whereas I’m working on a blank(er) slate so it doesn’t makes as much sense to me how you’re getting your read. Something like that anyway, if any of that makes sense.

The important thing is that I am town.

Yeah, yeah, sure, of course, but I'd rather identify one scum between four chaos players and one scum between three law players, instead of identify one scum between four chaos players + Maximum Spin and one scum between three law players + Maximum Spin.

@Jim: Prior to your most recent post, your main contribution was to complain about boring plays, complain about how I was voting arbitrarily while you were voting me because I was chaos, and there was probably something else but I can’t be bothered reading the thread back at this hour.

My main problem with Toony clearing you over NQT is the above combined with the fact NQT hadn’t even posted yet, -though their initial post and vote of a claimed Miller in what is probably getting to the tail-end of RVS is… questionable, as an RVS vote and probably beyond that also - and while I tend to gut read everything, I’m disinclined to indict (convict? There’s a word there I want to use and I don’t know if either of those are quite it) someone before they’ve posted, particularly when they’re being scumread over someone whose contribution was 90% shitpost.

It ain’t a mountain, but it’s a notable molehill.
Also I should clarify that someone being useful is them being useful in RVS, in other words doing things to get out of it quickly, which the shitposting, while fun, is not useful. *banal story about scum wanting to stay in RVS forever*

There’s no time for fun and games in mafia, it’s srs bznz.

But shitposts are useful content and I'd rather have the shitposts over the

I don't even know what RVS alternative you're suggesting is preferable to shitposts.

Because shitposts give a glimpse into a player's attitude and how comfortable and genuine they appear to be, both important indicators for whether a player is town or scum.

It might just be a difference in playstyle. Shitposting might make you look relaxed, but it doesn’t tend to get others involved in the game. A good response to a shitpost is a shitpost, which doesn’t tell me much about anything. Very specifically me, anyway. Equally so, someone could shitpost a few times then read their PM if they’re worried about getting stressed out over being scum or something.

I think asking questions and voting encourages other players to get involved, allowing a more complete (for RVS!) picture of the game.

Horses for courses though, if we all played the game the same way it would be boring.

my way is still better
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2022, 03:44:20 am »

Failing to detect/ignore facetiousness. Rolefishing isn't a scumtell for me, but this really is. Scum like responding to low-handing fruit, even if it doesn't go anywhere.

Are you really going to say it's suspicious that I couldn't tell whether you were being serious or not

For real

Or didn't ask before responding, anyway. Yes, I am.

It's a very useful tell for me, especially with experienced, powerwolfing-type players. Which is kinda your schtick, isn't it?

The point is, it's using any excuse to post aggressively, even over finding out what someone else is thinking. Establishes an active, dominant presence, but doesn't lead to you learning more about my alignment.

I mean, there are potential mitigating factors here like English not being your best language, you being a mafia greenhorn, particularly poor at reading tone for some reason, just an idiot, etc. But I've read your past games, and I don't think any of these apply.

The immediate claim that you think I'm scum after I suspect you is also typical powerwolf.

eh?
TRICMAGIC GOING 'MY ROOOOOOOOOOOLE OMG MY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE' LEADS ME TO THINK THIS IS TOWN TRICMAGIC REGARDLESS OF HOW OBNOXIOUS IT IS.

Oh. I'd give Tric a bit more credit than this. Remember that game he didn't claim D1 because he was a sandwich maker, and you voted him out on it? Not only did it save my ass as mafia, it gave me such a rock-solid reason for voting you out D2 you were still talking about how reasonable it was D3. Still haven't learned?

Actually, I'd really like to give you my alignment, but I'm pretty sure there's a reason it's hidden.
Got any ways to publically prove your alignment? Could be useful if the first scum flips the same way.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2022, 05:07:40 am »

I'm with NJW on this one.

Anyway, Max is Town.

Jim + Knightwing for me, thanks.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2022, 05:40:43 am »

OK, awake and reading the thread.

Hahah, serves me right for not reading the thread before posting. So Tric has claimed Miller.

So that leaves it between Jim and Toony. I have a hard time reading scum!Toony as scum, so it's safest to clear the Toony slot first. But I could be persuaded on Jim.

PLAN!

I'm going all in and betting there's a doc among you. Let's lynch Toony (or Jim) today, and if he's town then I'll resurrect him. Even if there's not a doc and scum nk me, then we'll still have a confirmed town on D2 OR a dead scum D1.

So what do you say?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2022, 05:47:21 am »

No thanks. That's a shitty plan.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2022, 06:02:42 am »

@NQT

Sounds like a reasonable plan... unless mafia have the ability to screw with your res, in which case claiming it this early was not great. Not going to commit to voting Jim or Toony though.

Also, you seem to have forgotten Max might be law?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2022, 06:09:38 am »

NJW, Max might be, yeah. I think that's a cross-that-bridge-when-we-get-to-it kind of problem.

And if scum want to waste their night action interfering with my plans... that just means they're not interfering with other town players who may be cops, vigs, docs, etc.

Web, flat dismissal. Interesting. So what's the argument for launching Knightwing?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2022, 06:35:22 am »

Do you guys never sleep?  :'(

Of course I wasn’t posting, I was sleeping. I guess it’s just time zone differences.

Also, I’m not mafia. Promise. (I suppose I could be mafia to the order faction but whatever)

How can I prove to you I’m not mafia? Because the game just started and it would suck to leave so soon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2022, 06:37:41 am »

Knightwing is scum. Toony isn't. Jim is, though.

If you're gonna launch someone, pick someone scummy. There's nothing stopping you from being roleblocked, killed, or from simply being scum. I think your plan is pointless because it could remove someone strong and active instead and basically leave us further behind than we started.

Your plan is basically: I don't care who goes first so long as it isn't me, which is fine, I don't care, but if we remove the scum from my side, then we'll start launching the entire Law faction one at a time and be in a better spot.

Why go after maybe scum Jim or Toony when obvscum Knightwing exists?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2022, 06:39:22 am »

Of course I wasn’t posting, I was sleeping. I guess it’s just time zone differences.

Also, I’m not mafia. Promise. (I suppose I could be mafia to the order faction but whatever)

How can I prove to you I’m not mafia? Because the game just started and it would suck to leave so soon
^Knightwing, if you're not scum, who is scum in the Chaos faction?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2022, 06:49:40 am »

^Knightwing, if you're not scum, who is scum in the Chaos faction?

👁👄👁

Wot?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2022, 07:15:30 am »

Knightwing: He's asking you to post some reads: who you think may or may not be scum, based on their posts so far. You don't have to be 100%, you do have to have an opinion. Reread the thread if you need to. Whose jokes are coming across as forced? Who's hiding something? Who seems to be making dubious arguments?

@Max: you don't think much of D1 elims, you do like being townconf, NQT claims a res. Do you want people to vote you out today? If not, why not?

@NQT:
NJW, Max might be, yeah. I think that's a cross-that-bridge-when-we-get-to-it kind of problem.
Uh... why is it that kind of problem? And when do we get to it? We can't just plough through four miselims.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2022, 07:20:23 am »

I know it isn’t Tric. It probably isn’t Toony or you, possibly also not NJW. Maybe kinda sorta not Max.
Not sold on Jim.
You think me and Web are both town? Mmmm.
Spoiler: Mafia Eyes Only (click to show/hide)
I don't wanna be first kill again :(
Maximum Spin is mafia, confirmed. Got 'em.

The fact that max didn’t respond to this, and didn’t even give a joke in reply is kinda weird to me. Dunno, not much has gone on yet that I can base my accusations on. Web is sussing everybody but himself, but he always does that, so….

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2022, 07:25:29 am »

Damn, Max, can you even hear Knightwing over those blaring alarm bells?

Also, Knightwing might've accidentally confirmed he's Mafia as well.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21