Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Demon Mafia - GAME OVER - Law and Chaos win!  (Read 15274 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Mafia - Day 1 - NINE Aligned
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2022, 02:04:08 pm »

I don't think Toony can reasonably be scum with Knightwing unless we posit that Knightwing is completely intractable in the scumchat. That's far from impossible, but since Toony knows exactly what we're looking for, he would be best posed to stop Knightwing from doing it, and ought to have been trying from the start.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2022, 02:18:36 pm »

Okay, obviously, the lack of posts because I am traveling right now and have really bad car sickness so I can’t go on the phone is utterly irrelevant and means I’m scum!

I did what you said. You dismissed it and then called me scum anyways, so I doubt anything I could do will convince you at this point.

I will just take solace in the fact that you are wrong and smile as I fall asleep.
I'm not willing to be emotionally blackmailed right now, so I'm only going to double down if you try again. Personally, I'm not hitting very hard, and I'm really just looking for you to just show you're Town in one way or another. Are my points not legitimate? Am I missing something?

If you're busy, you're busy, but unfortunately, the last time you were busy, you were scum, lurking it up, so it makes it really hard to trust if you're telling the truth or not. You don't have to post if you don't want, but I'm not going to be swayed by you being angry at me.

I don't think Toony can reasonably be scum with Knightwing unless we posit that Knightwing is completely intractable in the scumchat. That's far from impossible, but since Toony knows exactly what we're looking for, he would be best posed to stop Knightwing from doing it, and ought to have been trying from the start.

Alright, that's a fair point. Let's move Toony to Town, then.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2022, 02:21:45 pm »

I’m town. What do you want me to say, I dunno, I feel like hector and Jim are kinda flying under the radar, hector for very low key posts and Jim for not talking much

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2022, 02:27:03 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
webadict: 0
Knightwing64: 2; hector13, webadict
Jim Groovester: 0
Toonyman: 0
TricMagic: 1; notquitethere
NJW2000: 0
notquitethere: 2; TricMagic, ToonyMan
Maximum Spin: 1; NJW2000
hector13: 0
No Elimination:

Not Voting - 3 - Knightwing64, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin

5 to Hammer. Day ends on July 27, 2022 at 13:00 Pacific Time (~48 hours remaining).

It is currently Day.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2022, 02:29:41 pm »

One thing about a ToonyMan/Knightwing scum team would be that Toony has been on a team at least two times with Knightwing before and, to put it nicely, did not have the best experience with KW, I don’t know Toony well enough to know if they’d be able to cope with doing it a third without showing some strain though.

Equally so, they… *checks* well the OP doesn’t say they have a private chat or whatever anywhere, but it would be super weird for them to not have that, so why would Toony post warnings in the thread for everyone to see instead of in their private chat? Even if KW doesn’t regularly go there, Toony could PM (or ask permission to PM) KW and copy in Roden, so those warnings would imply at least one of the players is town.

PPE:Max ninja’d

NJW and Jim seem to be having something of a square go at each other, which is odd considering they’re on opposing “teams” and they’d have an easier time of finding scum among their own Chaos or Law buddies, but that tells me either one or the other is town, or they’re both town.

I’m becoming more and more convinced that Knightwing is scum though, because they’re being very defensive and not giving opinions on the other players. They also appear to have given up, which, while understandable, makes them feel more scum than town.

PPE2:
I’m town. What do you want me to say, I dunno, I feel like hector and Jim are kinda flying under the radar, hector for very low key posts and Jim for not talking much

What’s low key about my posting? What do you mean by low key?

All we’re asking you to do is give opinions on whether you think players are town or scum, and give reasons. We’re not expecting stellar analysis, especially on D1. This is a good start.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2022, 02:39:35 pm »

Quick post while I'm working. More later.

PLAN!

I'm going all in and betting there's a doc among you. Let's lynch Toony (or Jim) today, and if he's town then I'll resurrect him. Even if there's not a doc and scum nk me, then we'll still have a confirmed town on D2 OR a dead scum D1.

So what do you say?

what the hell

'let's lynch everybody except me but also not Knightwing64'

Is this coming across as a desperate attempt to save Knightwing64 to anybody else?

If Knightwing64 is scum and he gets lynched then that makes all the Chaos players confirmed town, so I can understand why there might be a lot of desperation in making sure that doesn't happen.

Knightwing64 saying woe is me

I see a lot of complaining about how unjust people suspecting Knightwing64 are but not much in the way of reads and suspicions or much actual interest or investment in the outcome of the day game.

PPE: Reads by Knightwing64

I'll look at this again later when I've had a bit more time to think about the game.

Quote from: webadict
Jim needs to vote

I was voting NJW2000 in spirit to avoid racking up votes near hammer.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2022, 02:41:37 pm »

Lurker Track
------------------------
hector13 - 36 38 39 41 43 45 47 50 52 66 69 71 80 82 86 87 91 111 124 Last post was 1 hour ago.

Personally, I think that hector13 has spewed more Town than any other player, and I've linked all his posts so that I don't look foolish. Most of his posts have been pretty substantive to me. Which post(s) do you feel are lacking?

I was voting NJW2000 in spirit to avoid racking up votes near hammer.
Wait... Do you also suspect Knightwing, though? The rest of your post has some indication that way.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2022, 02:49:11 pm »

I'll state it more clearly later when I'm off work but yes.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2022, 03:11:49 pm »

My eyes just glance over their posts, I don’t really notice them. They seem the same as everybody else’s is.

And nowww I’m being suspected by Jim. Great

:(

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2022, 03:21:12 pm »

At this point, I’m just starting to think I’m being set up by somebody. I know that sounds weird but I’m just doing what I always do and now I’m being voted out. I honestly, 100 percent do not understand why

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2022, 03:50:35 pm »

hector for very low key posts
Huh?

I'm okay with voting Knightwing today. I guess if anything that's better than voting NQT since KW is not my alignment.

At this point, I’m just starting to think I’m being set up by somebody. I know that sounds weird but I’m just doing what I always do and now I’m being voted out. I honestly, 100 percent do not understand why
WHO IS

THIS IS A PUBLIC THREAD

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2022, 04:04:55 pm »

D1 Reads

Townie
Max - actively hunting, thinking
Web - same as Max (why don't they like Jim?)
Tric - claimed miller!
Hector - really laying out their thoughts, don't think they're phony
Jim - feels good

Null
NJW - he's being mean, probably town

Mafia
NQT - Mr. bad plans, did they get stuck with KW this time?
KW - he's mafia, if he's not then that means me, Max, and Web are all wrong on our read which seems bad

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2022, 04:23:53 pm »

Web - same as Max (why don't they like Jim?)
I dunno... It's probably just me? I could totes be wrong, I usually am about Jim.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2022, 04:32:38 pm »

It's okay but suboptimal if we launch Knightwing today. I'd rather res someone more effective at hunting (no offence KW), so killing Toony or Jim, or even Max, is more high value for me today.

I've not given the thread a close re-read. Someone want to tell me why KW is scum?

Toonyman
I'm okay with voting Knightwing today. I guess if anything that's better than voting NQT since KW is not my alignment.
Do you have a hidden objective or something? Killing in our own pool is preferable if you know your alignment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2022, 04:53:33 pm »

You’re not making yourself look good there NQT. Do we don’t eliminate players based on their value :p how confident are you that your plan would actually work, not knowing what abilities the other players (town and scum) have available to them?

My reasons for voting KW:

Low effort posting
Not engaging with the game (not offering reads on events or players despite significant prompting)
Emotional blackmail
Giving up

Jim is also (in spirit he says) voting for a player of an opposing “alignment”, so what makes ToonyMan’s vote more egregious than Jim’s?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21