Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 69

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 53652 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2022, 09:46:04 pm »

Re: athletics, I dunno!  I think I'm getting a bit less strong *now* at 7 months but that's because my gym membership lapsed and the weather's so annoying.  I did my best to eat plenty, like Alway indicated, and I still ended up losing 10 pounds to my surprise.  Down to 170 now, which ain't bad at all for 5'11".  It's got me worried about the nigh-anorexia I had back in high school.

In other words I'm glad I ate more because I definitely redistributed some fat, while losing some net!  (I think a lot of it went to my butt, which I STILL don't get the appeal of...)  Also I suddenly found loads more willpower for taking care of my body and largely maintaining my modest strength.  I... hm.  I always looked up to and wanted to be a *strong* woman, and I think I remain slightly above the average for men. 

There's this streamer on Twitch, Willow, who gained 20 pounds of muscle on a lean frame (and it looks fantastic).  Literally, goals.  She's a pretty lesbian though and I'm only gay for exceptional women at this point.  I still like men.
Trans-men very included <3

Maybe if I ever meet a toxic trans-man I'll change my tune, but all the ones I've encountered are so dang badass and nice.  There's this one, a moderator and former sexworker, who's going off his hormones to have a child soon!  That's like, Borderlands Torgue levels of badass right there.  Ultimate manhood.  Gosh >///<
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2022, 02:36:15 am »

I'm not gonna lie. I... keep low-key wishing I was Transmasc.
I'm AMAB.
Dunno if I've mentioned this on this thread before or not, but, uhm. Yeah. As an AMAB individual, Transmasc people give me gender envy. Not sure what to do with this information.
My recommendation: explore those feelings and the specific parts of them. Ask yourself why you feel gender envy, and what specific parts of it you find desirable for yourself. Is it having masculinity that was personally crafted, rather than enforced upon them? Because that's something you can explore and redefine for yourself. Is it the feeling of freedom to explore variations on gender expression/presentation? Here's someone coming to an answer that takes that to heart, basically "cis people dont need to pass": https://mobile.twitter.com/JoCat105/status/1551414701384507394
If it's wanting to be visibly friendly to or involved with queer folks, we want co-conspirators rather than allies. The social circles I'm in practically have memes about The Cis Giy Who Hangs Out With the Trans Women. Frequently they turn out to be just another trans person later, but often, they're just a really good guy who is well liked for not being too insecure around gender feelings and showing up to help folks as much or more than anybody else in the space.

In general, the things you get envy over are in fact probably achieveable; they just take deliberate effort to reconstruct the person you present to the world in the image of the person you wish to be, and see yourself as. This process is a big part of what transition often includes, as it provides more of a blank slate than most folks get to work through these things. But it's also just something everyone can, and frankly should, do.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2022, 09:09:25 am »

Lift and cultivate Powerful Pecs.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2022, 09:07:53 am »

I'm cleared to start HRT, hopefully I'll be getting on with it by next week.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2022, 12:59:51 pm »

I'm cleared to start HRT, hopefully I'll be getting on with it by next week.
Grats!

Also I haven't been here in a while, hi. I'm a trans lesbian.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2022, 01:58:51 pm »

Hi trans lesbian, I'm a trans bi-leaning-heavily-towards-women.

If that'll last remains to be seen, I've heard about some people changing sexuality as a result of HRT.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2022, 02:16:41 pm »

I'm still surprised that Planned Parenthood "warned" me about that, because I don't think I've ever heard it from actual trans people XD

It might be true I guess, I haven't checked studies, but I don't feel like sexuality works that way.  I figure it's probably just bi people exploring their sexuality with more confidence.

Oh and congratulations!!  Good luck getting through the longest week ever, but you're almost there :D
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 14, 2022, 05:48:01 pm »

I've heard about it from other trans people. It's up in the air if that's actual changes, or a result of people being more comfortable in their bodies/overcoming internalised homophobia because you're no longer your AGAB.

Honestly, I'm doubting I'll change much. I've always felt waaaaay more envious of lesbian couples than hetero. Not in a "Oh that's hot" way like you'd expect from... some individuals, but in a far more "I really wish I had that relationship and was one of them" way.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2022, 10:27:19 pm »

I'm excited for the journey ahead of you! I'm not sure which is correct to say I'm happy you're on your way towards the best, truest, or actual form of yourself, but it makes me warm to know the barriers towards, well, you, are parting. I see it was an exciting and enabling time for Rolan, how are you feeling about it? Anxious, eager, affirming?

Sorry, I guess I don't really need an answer to say I'm happy for you!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 14, 2022, 10:53:21 pm »

I've heard about it from other trans people. It's up in the air if that's actual changes, or a result of people being more comfortable in their bodies/overcoming internalised homophobia because you're no longer your AGAB.

I've had small changes and my only transition was social. I'm actually somewhat interested in men now that I have made it clear to them that heterosexual-formatted relationships are entirely off the table. A little less interested in women but that's mostly because there's a lot of transphobic Harry Potter fan lesbians.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2022, 10:08:31 am »

I'm excited for the journey ahead of you! I'm not sure which is correct to say I'm happy you're on your way towards the best, truest, or actual form of yourself, but it makes me warm to know the barriers towards, well, you, are parting. I see it was an exciting and enabling time for Rolan, how are you feeling about it? Anxious, eager, affirming?

Sorry, I guess I don't really need an answer to say I'm happy for you!
Excited and anxious, I guess. For me those two are the same emotion, but with a positive or negative slant respectively, so it's hardly surprising that it's happening.

I'll be calling the doctor either tomorrow or the beginning of next week and printing off the letter to bring in. It's being sent by snail mail too, but I'd like to get started soon as.

EDIT: Talked to the doctor, been prescribed, gonna be picking it up Monday or Tuesday!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 11:12:45 am by Great Order »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 19, 2022, 07:04:06 pm »

Landed me my first bigot. Someone on Reddit DMed me saying that I'm mentally ill and no matter what I'll be a man and etc. etc.

Mission failed, it was weirdly validating and I'm now feeling really happy that my existence upsets bigots.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2022, 01:16:02 am »

Landed me my first bigot. Someone on Reddit DMed me saying that I'm mentally ill and no matter what I'll be a man and etc. etc.

Mission failed, it was weirdly validating and I'm now feeling really happy that my existence upsets bigots.
I find this inappropriately hilarious.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2022, 02:10:17 am »

I find this inappropriately hilarious.

As you should.

It turns out, when they decide to message people to insult them, transphobes either have no idea about how trans people work, or automatically assume that their target is a trans woman for reasons that is a whole another can of worms. They essentially roll a coin to bigot or begot.

Which leads to them telling a trans man how they'll never be a woman and vice versa.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2022, 06:57:25 am »

Oh no, I'm a trans woman. The weirdly validating bit was that it feels like I've "made it" as a trans individual.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 69