Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 69

Author Topic: LGBTQ+ Thread  (Read 53660 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: LGBTQ+ Thread
« Reply #900 on: August 19, 2023, 04:55:32 am »

I just want to know when the gay agenda is taking over.

Also what do ya'll think of Italy's "no more birth certificates you blasted homosexuals" ideas?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 19, 2023, 05:21:37 am »

Long time no see Caz.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 19, 2023, 05:29:14 am »

The invisibility hat does help things along.

Hello Max!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 19, 2023, 05:54:31 am »

I just want to know when the gay agenda is taking over.
  • To confirm the minutes of the last meeting.
  • To hear the Reports from the respective Directors of the Board
  • To accept and adopt the Balance Sheet and Statement Of Accounts for the prior financial year
  • Election/re-election of Directors as required by retirement or rotation of position
  • To maintain or appoint the official external Auditors
*HERE*
  • Any Other Business
  • To set the Date, Time and Location of the next proposed meeting

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 19, 2023, 08:12:23 am »

...I thought sport discussions were BANNED here!?

EDIT: Oh, CHESS. Not a sport. *Dodge the attack*
Moving on...

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 19, 2023, 08:40:11 am »

Chess is a board game with a sport-like culture around it. A mind sport, at most.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 19, 2023, 09:47:30 am »

This time there really is no difference between genders in performance and it really is just people being retarded.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 19, 2023, 09:51:15 am »

Although he does touch on a point.

Things do be getting heated again. Keep an eye on it people.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 19, 2023, 10:18:34 am »

My friend came out to me today so on Tues we are gonna go have a BIG GAY EVENING at the Fringe. Some sort of rainbow tapestries may be involved.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 19, 2023, 10:27:36 am »

Woooo congrats to your friend :D

I came out as "gay" to my mom over pizza, it was nice.  My brother kinda arranged it and it went really well.  She didn't seem surprised XD

Hope y'all have fun!!  It's nice to have a celebration of something like that, it leaves a good memory.  "Oh okay who cares" is valid too but feels underwhelming in my experience.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 19, 2023, 02:01:59 pm »

That definitely depends on the person.

Also what do ya'll think of Italy's "no more birth certificates you blasted homosexuals" ideas?
Could you elaborate? I haven't heard of this. I'm trying to figure out what it could mean, but I have too many guesses.

Sure, I could look it up, but where's the fun in that?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 19, 2023, 02:11:54 pm »

Sounds like it's the situation described within this news article, that I saw the other day.

(The "told not to register the children of same-sex couples" bit, rather than the reported small victory against misappropriating the image. I don't know anything more about the registration thing, though.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 19, 2023, 03:16:34 pm »

Oh, I see. That's one of the things that leads to conversations that drive me up the wall, because most people fixate on "the government should allow gay parents to do this", while I'm asking, "why do we assume it's the state's business to define what a family is in the first place?"

Nobody should need this to begin with. They shouldn't even be in the position to make that decision.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 19, 2023, 04:32:10 pm »

I came out as "gay" to my mom over pizza, it was nice.  My brother kinda arranged it and it went really well.  She didn't seem surprised XD

If you excuse me, I will be imploding with jealousy.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 19, 2023, 05:37:49 pm »

I popped home for a couple weeks and some ten minutes after I walked through the door, my mother sized me up with my painted fingernails and toenails and goes 'so what, are you doing that genderfluid thing now?' No mom, just a little genderqueer, but that nuance would be lost on her, I think. Her work office talked briefly about pronouns and she missed the point entirely, so.

More positively, I picked up a cool book titled Gay New York, it being a historical analysis of the culture of gay and queer men in New York in and around the Prohibition times. I only got a couple dozen pages in before gifting it to a gender studies librarian friend, but it had lots to say about the origins of queer terminology and how gender and sexuality were perceived differently even within the communities and how it compared by social classes.

As much as I'll miss the book, it's in better hands now. also i found an epub online so i get to keep reading it hahaha
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 69