Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 33464 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia (9/9)
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2023, 04:10:09 pm »

Sending roles shortly. Please do not post.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 04:49:08 pm »

D A Y    O N E

Secrets.

Every town has them. Lies, omissions, pretences and cons. And then there are the things that you just never tell anyone. The things you take with you to your grave.

You're here because you have secrets, or at least because you know them. Your average townsperson is an open book, written on in a crabbed hand by an uninspired hack with a tendency to digression. But not you. You're something else, and people can feel it. You have secrets.

Of course, some secrets are harmful. Some secrets need to be told.

But tell too many, and the whole town burns.

Day 1 has begun. You may now post.

Five to hammer. Day ends in approximately 72 hours, or at 22:00 GMT 27th Feb.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 09:16:45 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 04:52:17 pm »

Stem, I am tired tonight.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 05:04:25 pm »

As always, I am happy to be town, but I am not TricMagic and I am not going to tell you my power yet.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2023, 05:38:46 pm »

Oh, we don't know who the other members of our group are? I see. I thought we would.

Let's do

*dice roll*

TricMagic, I can feel it my bones that he is scum.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2023, 05:44:41 pm »

Let's not help scum strategise as to who to kill by revealing our roles. I'm going to assume that Tric is trying to bluff or double bluff as that's the only thing that makes sense here.

Webadict let's beef.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2023, 07:15:13 pm »

Let's not help scum strategise as to who to kill by revealing our roles. I'm going to assume that Tric is trying to bluff or double bluff as that's the only thing that makes sense here.

Webadict let's beef.
Nah, I'm Town.

Also, do not claim anything fuck you, Tric, even if you're lying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2023, 10:16:48 pm »

Stem, I am tired tonight.
Hehehe

heheheeeeeeeeeee

I mean, at least he's town now right?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2023, 10:18:16 pm »

Oh, we don't know who the other members of our group are? I see. I thought we would.
How delightfully ignorant you are Jim.

I should probably read how this game works...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2023, 10:22:08 pm »

I'm ignorant!?

You're ignorant!

Kind of a quiet game so far.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2023, 10:55:25 pm »

I was watching the 2020 Sonic movie for the first time. I'll probably watch the second one this weekend.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2023, 11:19:17 pm »

Oh right, this is going on.

So far, I think there's mafia inside ToonyMan, Jim, and webadict. We should try surgery to get them out, or maybe some kind of Inner Space thing. I think I'll plan to use my power on Jim unless something changes.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2023, 11:25:54 pm »

My impression of this setup is that it's a race. Mafia need to kill two specific players before town finds them. They could also kill three players in the untainted part but that would take one more player, I guess it'll depend what happens. Town could lose this before Day 2 even starts if mafia get really lucky or players like Tric reveal themselves. Mafia have no way to determine a player's plant part besides what a town player says. Meanwhile town have tools to stop the kill (protect/block) or potentially find a killer (track).

I don't think we can mass-claim to solve because all of our abilities are one-shot. There aren't enough blocks and protects to keep everyone alive as the trackers find the mafia since we're all one-shot.

There's a 66% chance a person in your plant part is mafia, there's a 33% everyone in your plant part is town.

I think Tric is town because he read "Think carefully before using or revealing your role." as "Reveal your role". He's a Town Stem.

Max could be mafia, he says he doesn't plan to reveal his power "yet" but if I understand this setup correctly town shouldn't reveal their power unless they've caught mafia. Let's put Max down as either maybe Town Flower or maybe Mafia...Flower? Could be anything if Mafia I guess.

Jim could be playing dumb, let's say he's town though this has never backfired before when Max and Jim both posted together at game start or anything. I'll say he's a Stem because he voted TricMagic and said stuff like feeling it in his bones using dice as a cover. I don't understand why you would vote Tric here unless you're Stem or mafia. So maybe Town Stem or Mafia.

NQT could be anything, let's say town for now. Plant part could be anything, can't tell.

Web could be anything, not as judicious here as NQT. Plant part could be anything.

Jack, a1s, and Fluffe haven't posted yet. I want to safely guess that at least one player here is mafia, probably not two.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2023, 11:30:00 pm »

Oh right, this is going on.

So far, I think there's mafia inside ToonyMan, Jim, and webadict. We should try surgery to get them out, or maybe some kind of Inner Space thing. I think I'll plan to use my power on Jim unless something changes.
I think there's one at most (Web more likely than Jim?), but I don't believe there's any currently.

I think it's funny you're making a possible conclusion of three players here while I'm doing the same thing for three players not here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2023, 11:45:45 pm »

My impression of this setup is that it's a race. Mafia need to kill two specific players before town finds them. They could also kill three players in the untainted part but that would take one more player, I guess it'll depend what happens. Town could lose this before Day 2 even starts if mafia get really lucky or players like Tric reveal themselves. Mafia have no way to determine a player's plant part besides what a town player says. Meanwhile town have tools to stop the kill (protect/block) or potentially find a killer (track).

I don't think we can mass-claim to solve because all of our abilities are one-shot. There aren't enough blocks and protects to keep everyone alive as the trackers find the mafia since we're all one-shot.

There's a 66% chance a person in your plant part is mafia, there's a 33% everyone in your plant part is town.

I think Tric is town because he read "Think carefully before using or revealing your role." as "Reveal your role". He's a Town Stem.

Max could be mafia, he says he doesn't plan to reveal his power "yet" but if I understand this setup correctly town shouldn't reveal their power unless they've caught mafia. Let's put Max down as either maybe Town Flower or maybe Mafia...Flower? Could be anything if Mafia I guess.

Jim could be playing dumb, let's say he's town though this has never backfired before when Max and Jim both posted together at game start or anything. I'll say he's a Stem because he voted TricMagic and said stuff like feeling it in his bones using dice as a cover. I don't understand why you would vote Tric here unless you're Stem or mafia. So maybe Town Stem or Mafia.

NQT could be anything, let's say town for now. Plant part could be anything, can't tell.

Web could be anything, not as judicious here as NQT. Plant part could be anything.

Jack, a1s, and Fluffe haven't posted yet. I want to safely guess that at least one player here is mafia, probably not two.
Why are you trying to solve roles after explicitly acknowledging that solving roles helps the mafia.

I think there's one at most (Web more likely than Jim?), but I don't believe there's any currently.

I think it's funny you're making a possible conclusion of three players here while I'm doing the same thing for three players not here.
I'll level with you, I just wanted to make the pun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47