Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 33519 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2023, 04:00:18 pm »

Haha maybe so. I've got to, uh, re-calibrate my heuristics.
Please keep talking tech-y.  :D

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2023, 04:05:48 pm »

Fuckin' sweet I love Day 1 reduxes.

My gut still says it could be webadict or Maximum Spin but I'll need to reevaluate now that Day 2 has started and nothing has happened. The reevaluation will happen once I get off work.

Second, I miscounted
I see.

So, coaching one of the noobs to tie the vote in a "seemingly innocuous way" at the last minute was an accident.

This feels a lot like a bad faith reading of the intent behind ToonyMan's end of Day 1 actions.

Toonyman, a1s, and, for the bonus point, Jim "The Groovester" Groovester.

Yeah I don't like your reads and think they're bad. Mostly because I don't like your reading of a1s.
@Jim: How come you have a giant blindspot regarding Toonyman?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2023, 04:07:38 pm »

Pretty much what webadict said. Honestly I was hoping for a tie, cause a fire drill at day end was not a good thing given the webadict push came flooding. Or for Max.

a1s you need to switch to Webadict or you're dying currently. I'll be switching to you to prevent nonsense.
I'll be switching to a1s if they don't move to Webadict, that is.
This is in no way good faith.

It definitely not webadict nya~
How are you so sure?

Town
Tric - makes zero sense, claimed Stem immediately like a crazy person
Jack - "FUCK ALL YOU GUYS", spewed a bunch of posts after seemingly not caring

Max - feels scummy and withdrawn but with random observations like town!Max
Jim - kind of throwing their vote around willy-nilly, town!Web usually thinks they're scummy even when Jim is town, Web thinks Jim is scummy in this game like usual
Fluffe - newbtown? Web backs them quite a bit
a1s - newbtown? Hasn't done much either, less than Fluffe even, seems to embrace their death with "I told you so" syndrome

NQT - pushing for Jack and a1s which both feel wrong, is this town!NQT being misguided or the usual scummy NQT?
Webadict - mafia with Fluffe? mafia with NQT?
Also this right before that. I made a post stating it was now chinese fire drill time. Toony claiming not to notice is a bit of a blatant lie given the vote list was right before this anyway. webadict got that vote placed on him, which only tied the two.

That being said, why not Max?
No. Bad vote. Veto'd. Denied.
Can say you've been playing Devil's Advacte tryi to shift votes around.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2023, 04:36:23 pm »

I swear I thought Web was going to die at the end of D1.

I didn't think a1s was scum at that point and didn't want to see them die. I don't think a1s is likely to be scum with anyone but Jim. You'd have to argue a1s is mafia with me or Jim or I don't think your argument has much merit.

I didn't really want to vote Max after Jim proposed it since I felt good about them so I was deciding between NQT and Webadict. I decided on Webadict because honestly Webadict saying that NQT always gets D1 sus lynched made me feel bad.

I think NQT and Max are the most likely to be scum right now, but NQT's recent vote on Max and their behavior between each other D1 would mean they're distancing. I'm not really sure.

I think Jim is correct that Max's attack on me today looks agenda-driven, which is scum behavior.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2023, 04:42:53 pm »

@NQT & Jim
Is Max scum buddies with Toonyman or Webadict?

If we assume that one between Toonyman & Webadict is Mafia, what does that mean about Max's alignment?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2023, 04:53:31 pm »

I genuinely thought I was dead
Me too.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2023, 04:55:32 pm »

The problem I have here, Toony, is that you nixed the idea of Max yesterday.  I'll be honest and say that I agreed that NQT often gets susvoted, which is also why I thought Max was a good vote Yesterday.

Saying that Max's argument against you is bad is wrong.  Max's arguments against a1s are incredibly stupid, but I'm pretty sure you're both scum, so that's fair.

I genuinely thought I was dead
Me too.
I had 10 minutes to post from my phone, in case a last minute shift happened, and I could do something, which was silly, but I drove too slowly.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2023, 04:55:37 pm »

Second, I miscounted
I see.

So, coaching one of the noobs to tie the vote in a "seemingly innocuous way" at the last minute was an accident.
Yes, that's one way to put it.

Do you think I'm mafia alone or with a1s here?

This goes double for Jack, who could have killed me or web, but did neither. We can't all be mafia together, so at least one of those kills would be beneficial.
Of course it means nothing for anyone who wasn't there for it.
This is a valid point, Jack wasn't here.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2023, 04:56:50 pm »

I didn't think a1s was scum at that point and didn't want to see them die.
Would I have voted a1s last second to ensure an elimination? I probably would have.
That's a bit of a contradiction, unless a1s is town, but you'd kill me anyway?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2023, 05:03:55 pm »

The problem I have here, Toony, is that you nixed the idea of Max yesterday.  I'll be honest and say that I agreed that NQT often gets susvoted, which is also why I thought Max was a good vote Yesterday.
I didn't like the Max vote at the time, I gave some thoughts on why.

Saying that Max's argument against you is bad is wrong.
What do you mean?

Max's arguments against a1s are incredibly stupid, but I'm pretty sure you're both scum, so that's fair.
I don't mind dying alongside Max if it comes to that. I'll even die first!

Side note, I don't see the point in pursuing a Jim/a1s team since I'm 90% confident they'll lose even if I die today. a1s doesn't have any clout and Jim will get beat down by a town Web and Max in that scenario.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2023, 05:05:41 pm »

Ok finally checking the thread I'm honestly pretty shocked no one died today not sure if someone got lucky with their one use abilities or mafia are trying to do some 4d chess maneuvers that I frankly can not begin to understand.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2023, 05:05:55 pm »

Would I have voted a1s last second to ensure an elimination? I probably would have.
It's not a contradiction. Even if I think a player is town it's possible I'm wrong. Voting for you to be eliminated would have been better than a tie I think most people would agree.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2023, 05:07:38 pm »

It's not a contradiction. Even if I think a player is town it's possible I'm wrong. Voting for you to be eliminated would have been better than a tie I think most people would agree.
It's why I said this here.

Ok finally checking the thread I'm honestly pretty shocked no one died today not sure if someone got lucky with their one use abilities or mafia are trying to do some 4d chess maneuvers that I frankly can not begin to understand.
wow

much insight

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2023, 05:12:42 pm »

wow

much insight
Yes yes my statement is a nothingburger by the way what the hell did you mean by "web backs them quite a bit" like I'm obviously not that observant but I don't see how he backed me up anymore than the average person backed me up your views on things feels quiet inconsistent.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2023, 05:16:25 pm »

Or you were protecting Max, it's why you said that there.

Vote ToonyMan/Maximum Spin 2023!

(inb4 I get murdered for being AFK: I'm going to sleep.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 05:18:18 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47