Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 33524 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2023, 05:19:04 pm »

I swear I thought Web was going to die at the end of D1. [...] I think Jim is correct that Max's attack on me today looks agenda-driven, which is scum behavior.
Okay, I spent the last like half an hour looking at your post history to find examples but I got bored midway through webadict's Supernatural.
But the point I was trying to make is: I have seen you panic about ties at end of day enough times that it's hard to believe you would just miscount the votes, with a recent votecount right there and only a handful of changes, and not, well, "aneurysm". You did that a little in KJJTN, but it wasn't a great example. Still, I think you have to admit that it's something you do.

But okay, maybe I'm being too harsh. I admit I'm not sure about you and a1s as a team and that's the only real reason you'd have to do that. So who do you think is scum (other than me, I am not going to be convinced of that)?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 01, 2023, 05:19:57 pm »

Or you were protecting Max, it's why you said that there.

Vote ToonyMan/Maximum Spin 2023!

(inb4 I get murdered for being AFK: I'm going to sleep.)
No editing posts by the way I already got scolded for that just letting ya know.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 01, 2023, 05:45:53 pm »

wow

much insight
Yes yes my statement is a nothingburger by the way what the hell did you mean by "web backs them quite a bit" like I'm obviously not that observant but I don't see how he backed me up anymore than the average person backed me up your views on things feels quiet inconsistent.
I was thinking of this series of posts when I was making those reads. The progression also looks natural in general, but I would expect a mafia!Web to pull this off as well.

And yes, I do think he's been a standout case in your favor, not that I disagree with that.

Or you were protecting Max, it's why you said that there.
I protected Max and also voted Web instead of getting you lynched for free as someone I was willing to vote if I had to?

I swear I thought Web was going to die at the end of D1. [...] I think Jim is correct that Max's attack on me today looks agenda-driven, which is scum behavior.
Okay, I spent the last like half an hour looking at your post history to find examples but I got bored midway through webadict's Supernatural.
But the point I was trying to make is: I have seen you panic about ties at end of day enough times that it's hard to believe you would just miscount the votes, with a recent votecount right there and only a handful of changes, and not, well, "aneurysm". You did that a little in KJJTN, but it wasn't a great example. Still, I think you have to admit that it's something you do.

But okay, maybe I'm being too harsh. I admit I'm not sure about you and a1s as a team and that's the only real reason you'd have to do that. So who do you think is scum (other than me, I am not going to be convinced of that)?
It's what you'll have to believe. I'm not a perfect player.

I could tell you who I think is town instead.

I think Tric is town. I was thinking at one point maybe he's with Web or something crazy, but then a lot of stuff doesn't add up so I'm going to say nay to that. They're our annoying Stem bro through and through.

I think Jack is town. Their freakout on D1 after I pushed them looks legit, they get props if they're acting.

I think Jim is town. They weren't feeling Jack or a1s lynches which I don't think look like good lynches anymore. I think if a1s is mafia it'd literally have to be just with Jim.

I think a1s is town. They are a new player that did the suicide bait thing that I've seen constantly from newb!town. I just don't see a mafia!a1s posting like this. I would like if Jack could share some insight on a1s from that other game I had a question about a1s for Jack in their reads as since I still feel uncomfortable due to the unknown factor.

I think Fluffe is town. I think everything Web has said is basically correct and don't really think Fluffe could be mafia unless Web is as well.

I think Web is town. Their post "So Toony + Max" at the very end off D1 looks like the desperate finger point of a man who thinks they're about to die, which they back up on D2 by saying they did think they were going to die. I want to believe Web is being honest with their D2 thoughts here and I can think of at least one game where mafia!Me tried to get town!Web lynched last minute so that probably upsets him.

And that's why I'm most suspicious of Max and NQT currently.

I liked Max sticking up for Jack on D1, and maybe their suspicion of me right now is genuine.

I can't think of anything I've liked about NQT in this game so far, but that is literally always the case. So I would say NQT is still more suspicious than Max currently. I don't really see a connection between them though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2023, 05:48:19 pm »

I can't think of anything I've liked about NQT in this game so far, but that is literally always the case. So I would say NQT is still more suspicious than Max currently. I don't really see a connection between them though.
Oh, that's right. I liked NQT pursuing Jack at the time on D1, but I no longer feel that way.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2023, 05:58:46 pm »

I was thinking of this series of posts when I was making those reads. The progression also looks natural in general, but I would expect a mafia!Web to pull this off as well.

And yes, I do think he's been a standout case in your favor, not that I disagree with that.
Alrighty, fair enough thank you for explaining! I wish I had more to say in general but I still aint confident enough to outright go that guy is SUS yet the only thing that really stood out to me so far is Webadict claiming Stem not long after Tric did im still frankly not sure why he would do that at all considering how easy it would make it for mafia if they had a stem member.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2023, 06:10:14 pm »

I swear I thought Web was going to die at the end of D1.

I didn't think a1s was scum at that point and didn't want to see them die. I don't think a1s is likely to be scum with anyone but Jim. You'd have to argue a1s is mafia with me or Jim or I don't think your argument has much merit.

I didn't really want to vote Max after Jim proposed it since I felt good about them so I was deciding between NQT and Webadict. I decided on Webadict because honestly Webadict saying that NQT always gets D1 sus lynched made me feel bad.

I think NQT and Max are the most likely to be scum right now, but NQT's recent vote on Max and their behavior between each other D1 would mean they're distancing. I'm not really sure.

I think Jim is correct that Max's attack on me today looks agenda-driven, which is scum behavior.
That underlined part is emotional. And Max doesn't have many other options in the first place but to distance.

You ay you feel bad about NQT, then say NQT/Max is the scum pairing. Without any evidence against NQT, jut Max sociology. Not even an in-depth look into why it could be.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2023, 06:15:05 pm »

wow

much insight
Yes yes my statement is a nothingburger by the way what the hell did you mean by "web backs them quite a bit" like I'm obviously not that observant but I don't see how he backed me up anymore than the average person backed me up your views on things feels quiet inconsistent.

ToonyMan, just for that I'm voting you unless you can tell me what you've done here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2023, 06:15:54 pm »

I didn't think a1s was scum at that point and didn't want to see them die.
Would I have voted a1s last second to ensure an elimination? I probably would have.
That's a bit of a contradiction, unless a1s is town, but you'd kill me anyway?
Pretty sure I said something like that before. If you're town, that's good info, if you're mafia, that's good info. (Never a good thing when town's voted out, remember that line Toony?)

I didn't think a1s was scum at that point and didn't want to see them die.
Would I have voted a1s last second to ensure an elimination? I probably would have.
That's a bit of a contradiction, unless a1s is town, but you'd kill me anyway?
It's not a contradiction. Even if I think a player is town it's possible I'm wrong. Voting for you to be eliminated would have been better than a tie I think most people would agree.
I'd disagree, but I'm me. Why you speaking for others?

wow

much insight

ToonyMan, just for that I'm voting you unless you can tell me what you've done here.

And this is why I just like to chain post, I accidently hit post on the entirely wrong section when making something.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2023, 06:20:30 pm »

Unvote

I don't want a quickex without analyzing.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2023, 06:37:51 pm »

Humorously incompetent NQT
the usual scummy NQT?
Shady NQT was right to say that
But NQT is always mafia.
I can't think of anything I've liked about NQT
I'm beginning to feel unappreciated in this subforum! I think I used to have an okay rep as a player... somehow I managed to squander it through bad play and rolling mafia repeatedly.

More pressingly, why do you say that when you also said this, Toony?

Hmm I like NQT's attitude towards Jack.

It's like he dropped his earlier read when it was no longer convenient. I'm the obvious patsy from a scum!Toony perspective. D1  a newb could be mislynched, but D2+ he needs me to be available as the next mislynch. So he's setting his ducks in a row.

NQT could be anything, let's say town for now. Plant part could be anything, can't tell.

Moreover, going back to this post, why would a town!Toony be speculating about the plants? It's like he forgot to save that analysis for the scumchat. He's blurring his roles here.

Start of D2, what does he do? This is what he was thinking about foremost during the night:

First, don't claim if you actioned last night. It's very possible mafia didn't kill. If you did action just keep it in the back of your mind.
If scum did try and kill and were blocked he DOES NOT want town to claim that. Even if they were lying low, he doesn't want a mass claim at this stage in case it confirms town. On D1 he already tried to dissuade town from mass-acting, as he says it's not likely to mutually confirm people:

I decided to give NQT"s question some thought and the conclusion I came to is everyone using their ability on N1 sounds like it will probably work out poorly, especially if mafia nokill because we then don't learn anything.

But he didn't share his workings out, so who knows, maybe a scum!Toony came to the conclusion that it would help town if they all shot their shot on N1.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 01, 2023, 06:38:49 pm »

If anyone fucking hammers, I'll murder you, I wanna post!

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 01, 2023, 06:40:44 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> ToonyMan    --4-- EuchreJack*, a1s*, TricMagic*, notquitethere*,
a1s            --0--
EuchreJack     --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
TricMagic      --0--
webadict       --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --5-- Fluffe9911, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan, webadict*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on February 27, 2023 at 16:00 Central Standard Time (-49 hours and -42 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 01, 2023, 06:42:16 pm »

I am home, I am at a computer, I have internet, I'm gonna look this game over, and then I'll probably hammer Toony, but I wanna investigate first.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 01, 2023, 06:42:34 pm »

This is an all town wagon. Scum are in [Fluffe9911, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, ToonyMan] we got this game in the bag.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 01, 2023, 06:45:15 pm »

Unvote
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47