Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47

Author Topic: Wormwood Mafia - Game Over  (Read 33516 times)

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2023, 01:51:49 pm »

I appreciate the notes. I haven't taken any for this game which has been a trend for me lately. Could you say how confident you think each of these players are town? Literally just a percentage if you have to.
Sure ill give that a shot.

Webadict: 50% Town 50% Scum: I appreciate that he has been defending me but I still am so damn confused why he role claimed I simply can't comprehend how it would help town at all.
EuchreJack: 90% Town 10% Scum: will drop way lower in future games if he ends up being scum after pulling that outburst stunt and attempts a similar stunt again.
Jim Groovester: 50% Town 50% Scum: Jim just molds into the background for me for some reason.
ToonyMan: 55% Scum 45% Town: The cause of the last minute shenaniganry some of his questions feel like traps for good or bad probably gonna be hammered today.
a1s: 60% Scum 40% Town: Even less helpful than me everytime they repeat the green ai town thing I get a bit more annoyed.
TricMagic: 70% Town 30% Scum: Claimed Stem as the very first post mostly has been memeing in the background could still be bad but meh.
MaximumSpin: 55% Town 45% Scum: Pretty good at making reads I think, hasn't done anything really worth of me calling em scum.
Fluffe9911: 100% Town 0% Scum (It's me)
notquitethere: 60% Town 40% Scum he want's me dead but I think it's simply him mistaking my general incompetence and passiveness for malicious intent probably not bad though wish he would lay off me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2023, 01:53:40 pm »

I will buddy

Everyone

Jim is town! Tric is town! Web is town! Fluffe is town! a1s is town! Jack is town! Max is a good player! NQT makes nice graphs!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2023, 01:55:45 pm »

I appreciate the notes. I haven't taken any for this game which has been a trend for me lately. Could you say how confident you think each of these players are town? Literally just a percentage if you have to.
Sure ill give that a shot.

Webadict: 50% Town 50% Scum: I appreciate that he has been defending me but I still am so damn confused why he role claimed I simply can't comprehend how it would help town at all.
EuchreJack: 90% Town 10% Scum: will drop way lower in future games if he ends up being scum after pulling that outburst stunt and attempts a similar stunt again.
Jim Groovester: 50% Town 50% Scum: Jim just molds into the background for me for some reason.
ToonyMan: 55% Scum 45% Town: The cause of the last minute shenaniganry some of his questions feel like traps for good or bad probably gonna be hammered today.
a1s: 60% Scum 40% Town: Even less helpful than me everytime they repeat the green ai town thing I get a bit more annoyed.
TricMagic: 70% Town 30% Scum: Claimed Stem as the very first post mostly has been memeing in the background could still be bad but meh.
MaximumSpin: 55% Town 45% Scum: Pretty good at making reads I think, hasn't done anything really worth of me calling em scum.
Fluffe9911: 100% Town 0% Scum (It's me)
notquitethere: 60% Town 40% Scum he want's me dead but I think it's simply him mistaking my general incompetence and passiveness for malicious intent probably not bad though wish he would lay off me.
^ this is a town player who wants to help ^

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2023, 02:11:02 pm »

Uh, didn't Tric just hammer?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2023, 02:12:09 pm »

No, I guess he brought it back to four, never mind.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2023, 02:12:46 pm »

Wow who would miscount votes like that??

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Wormwood Mafia - Night One
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2023, 03:07:53 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
->ToonyMan       --4-- a1s*, MaximumSpin*, EuchreJack*, TricMagic*
->notquitethere  --1-- ToonyMan*
->Fluffe9911     --1-- notquitethere*
EuchreJack       --0--
a1s              --0--
Maximum Spin     --0--
webadict         --0--
Jim Groovester   --0--
TricMagic        --0--
No One           --0--

Not Voting       --3--  Webadict, Fluffee9911, Jim Groovester

Five to hammer. Day ends in approximately 46 hours, or at 18:00 GMT 4th March (12:00 CST).
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2023, 03:11:39 pm »

So. NQT unvoted. Or rather, voted Flufle for whatever reason, but eh.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2023, 03:12:23 pm »

Oh, btw, Hi Max! Where have you been?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2023, 03:12:53 pm »

MaxSpin

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2023, 03:16:11 pm »

Oh, btw, Hi Max! Where have you been?
Between last night and this morning when I started posting? Sleeping.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2023, 05:05:52 pm »

Perfectly normal read of web in general, but especially when he's town.

Web likes to run crazy gambits.  Web can claim anything he wants, as I rate his truthfulness at a consistent 50%. Web lies...as town

Best way to try to read Web is to ask "Is this guy trying to solve the game, or has he already been told much of the info?"
That could bite us in the @$$, since mafia has to figure out the town roles to win.  But they know two roles, so they have a lead.  In addition, Mafia only need to uncover 2 roles to win, two that match one of their roles. Thus, the standard "Town need to find Mafia, but Mafia just need to survive" is still mostly applicable.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2023, 08:46:46 pm »

I like the reads, but I've been ignoring your saying this for a while for a specific reason, and that's because my goal is to reasonably sow doubt about what my role is or isn't.  This is because I generally am a great good average target for scum to kill.  I've been avoiding bringing up that there's a significant reason for the Mafia to rolefish, since there's an easier than average wincon for them, as a way to make it feel like I could reasonably be a Stem, because I could.  Or maybe I'm not?  Who knows?  Who cares?!  The great thing about you is that no one is telling you how scummy what you're doing is, which I genuinely feel a partner would do for you.  I also have no reason to believe that you realize that what you're doing is a significantly terrible play, unless you're so far past blind that you've become Machiavelli, in which case, nice job.

So, am I a Stem?  Am I not a Stem?  Those are questions that cannot be answered in good faith, because they're fundamentally problematic to give out, UNLESS you're playing some type of super roulette gambit, which I always am, so you can either believe what I'm saying, not believe what I'm saying, or both.  The thing is, it could literally be anything and it fundamentally doesn't matter which is the right answer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 02, 2023, 08:56:30 pm »

Yeah isn't it crazy how most people like you until you accidentally cause D1 to happen again? I'd kill me too.

I really like Jim's reply to Web's about the 2 minute time delay thing because I didn't even realize that myself even though I did remember the day ending right at the hour. I can excuse Web for bringing it as an arguing point because he probably genuinely wasn't aware of that because he was driving or whatever. But the point is I really appreciate Jim talking about that when he didn't have to at all.
I actually didn't realize that when it was happening, because I noticed my time, but I was also using forum time and thought I had more.  I was in the middle of typing out a small blurb, and then I was confused why the day ended early.  But, Jim is fundamentally correct about that notion, and I didn't realize it at the time either, so I can't use that evidence against you.

The problem I have, Toony, is that I have to make a series of poor decisions:  If I believe you, I have to go all in on the believing you because you'll never be voted again.  You wouldn't lie to me over the internet, would you?  I can reasonably see nqt as a viable vote, especially from your perspective, and for the most part, I feel like you've resigned yourself to the fate of dying.  You're not super pot committed, which is a reasonable stance for Town or scum here, but I feel like there's reason to believe you'd try harder if you were scum, since scum being alive is far more important.  And that's concerning to me, because if I get this wrong, I'll have to justify making a(n only slightly) poor decision, but my credibility goes down regardless.

So, if I were to hammer you, what would your message be to everyone?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2023, 10:03:50 pm »

The problem I have, Toony, is that I have to make a series of poor decisions:  If I believe you, I have to go all in on the believing you because you'll never be voted again.
Probably true.  I want to be cocky and say town probably wins too, but that's obvious from my point of view.

You wouldn't lie to me over the internet, would you?  I can reasonably see nqt as a viable vote, especially from your perspective, and for the most part, I feel like you've resigned yourself to the fate of dying.  You're not super pot committed, which is a reasonable stance for Town or scum here, but I feel like there's reason to believe you'd try harder if you were scum, since scum being alive is far more important.
I am trying to live here as long as possible. I swear there is a good townie reason why I want to be alive as long as I can. This is probably playing a part in my behavior.

And that's concerning to me, because if I get this wrong, I'll have to justify making a(n only slightly) poor decision, but my credibility goes down regardless.
So, if I were to hammer you, what would your message be to everyone?
Use your one-shots wisely. Trust Jim. Trust Webadict. Trust Tric but don't listen to him because he's a moron. I think Fluffe and a1s are newbtown (although I like Fluffe more than a1s). Jack upsets me but is probably okay. I don't trust Max or NQT. I'm willing to bet the two mafia are inside a1s/Jack/Max/NQT. Please read what I've said during this D2 as a factor in your thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47