Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29452 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2023, 02:14:45 pm »

Huh… interesting.

Knightwing and EuchreJack I’ll extend the same question to you:

What is better: killing a known cultist or using that info to find the cult leader?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2023, 02:23:50 pm »

I got shit.

But at least I can't be converted.

I also can't claim miller this time around because I WANT you people to inspect me. It'll be funny, I swear. Well, for me.
Hey, me too, Masonbuddy!

I am also incapable of being converted.

Also, you think NJW is a Cult Leader?  I think he's a Cult Leader.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2023, 02:31:28 pm »

I'm unlikely to be converted, so.. I'm of the opinion Jim should be voted out for his 4 chains of the same thing. Maybe he's stacking something...

I wish my role was powered by shitposting.

I would be shitposting much harder if it was.

I'm unlikely to be converted, so..

Hmm, yeah, unlynchable town goofball. Very poor conversion target indeed.

I wonder how much players in this game are subtly advertising themselves as conversion targets, besides ToonyMan who is doing it explicitly.

I guess I usually start off a game by reassuring everyone that I'm town and commenting on how I like my role, so let me just say... that I'm town. :|

Don't sound so disappointed.

Jim:  Would you say Jamesnosis is better, worse, or about the same as an Army of Jimbots?

Out of an abundance of paranoia I don’t think I’m going to say that other word.

At least with the Jimbots that's something I was responsible for. Jimnosis was thrust upon me despite me having nothing to do with it aside from executing a plan Maximum Spin came up with. Also I don't know what quality you want me to measure Jimnosis vs Jimbots on so I'll just say Jimnosis is better because it's funnier to me at the moment.

Jimnosis.

You know what happen when the Jimnosis ziggurat reaches its zenith?

Nothing. It's a joke.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2023, 02:34:17 pm »

Pfp

Toaster, yes I recall now.

I don't get the town rationale for claiming that, Web. If I were unflippable, I'd want to tank as many cult conversion attempts as possible. This plus the miller claim after recent discussions on the forum thet millers are never fake claimed gives us good reason to suspect Webadict here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2023, 03:29:37 pm »

Oh I see, that was easy. Wuba might be a sus hotdoggist but Notquitethere is definitely a cult leader. Sweet!

(still PFP)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2023, 03:33:53 pm »

NJW:  I haven’t yet seen anything that really gets my attention, but the day is young and I haven’t had time yet to dig.

I’m hardly the only person shitposting: why am I the one being called out?
You were the only person only shitposting, as far as I could tell. Also this:

I tend to observe, shake down anything that doesn't sit right at first glance, then press what continues to feel bad.

I find it hard to believe that everything people had said looked ok at first glance - did it?

In any case, penguin emotes are lower priority than rereads. Playing slowly I'm ok with, but joking around while not advancing the game is just activelurking.

I don't get the town rationale for claiming that, Web. If I were unflippable, I'd want to tank as many cult conversion attempts as possible. This plus the miller claim after recent discussions on the forum thet millers are never fake claimed gives us good reason to suspect Webadict here.
With someone else this might be reasonable, but preposterous D1 fakeclaims are standard webadict. I'd say there's a 75% chance he walks back on it.
One wheel short of a wagon

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2023, 03:39:55 pm »

Either you and I are reading different games or we have vastly different definitions of shitposting. It’s hard to quote on phone but see Jim posting his word repeatedly, Egan doing Egan’s thing, various obvfake claims, and various reactions to the aforementioned.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2023, 03:42:37 pm »

Everyone: *shitposting*
Toaster: posts penguin emotes
NJW: Toaster is sus

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2023, 04:08:50 pm »

Ok, reread my last post again Toaster, specifically the first sentence.
One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2023, 04:14:54 pm »

Pfp

Toaster, yes I recall now.

That's a weird accusation NQT.  Why would my claiming that be less suspicious later on?  If anything, it'd be completely unbelievable if I claimed that later.  If anything, it should be useful to analyze my behavior today critically on whether that is useful for Cult.

Would it even matter if I'm lying or telling the truth?

Or...

Are you perhaps aware that Cult has the inability to be converted by a different Cult?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2023, 04:19:29 pm »

Do you think Wuba is scum by extension? Do you believe that inspects on Wuba really would return "mafia"?
If you believe they put a man on the moon (man on the moon);
if you believe anything webadict ever says, then nothing is cool.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2023, 04:38:16 pm »

I wouldn't share your Lucky Numbers. I think it's important to keep them high and we don't want scum knowing our numbers, though I don't know which color goes to each Lucky Number I can probably guess based on cost and value.
Sorry, this is a mistake. I do know which of my lucky numbers goes to which color. I only read my PMs via email which displays everything in black, but they were in fact in color when I checked on Bay12.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2023, 04:40:23 pm »

I guess I usually start off a game by reassuring everyone that I'm town and commenting on how I like my role, so let me just say... that I'm town. :|

Don't sound so disappointed.
it's just not my style, okay
At least with the Jimbots that's something I was responsible for. Jimnosis was thrust upon me despite me having nothing to do with it aside from executing a plan Maximum Spin came up with.
Some are born Jims, some achieve Jimnosis, some have Jimnosis thrust upon 'em

Hey, me too, Masonbuddy!

I am also incapable of being converted.
You told me that in Masonchat already!
Also, you think NJW is a Cult Leader?  I think he's a Cult Leader.
Could be. He doesn't seem to be too contributive. I'm not so sure about notquitethere, either.

various obvfake claims,
I resent this implication.

I wish my role was powered by shitposting.

I would be shitposting much harder if it was.
*cough*

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2023, 05:18:15 pm »

PFP
Toaster, I'm just poking some bee hives here, playing casual on my phone. Not sure what about that is cult leaderish.

Are you perhaps aware that Cult has the inability to be converted by a different Cult?
I have a little more faith in Fallacy's ability to make a game than this. I'm going to assume for now that cult leaders can't convert one another. C'mon.

Obviously as NJW points out, you're a known liar— but here at least I don't see the town rationale for lying about this either. This isn't quite as bad as mafia-ally-Web but its not far off.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 88