Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29708 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2023, 05:52:43 pm »

Ahem.

If Maximum Spin is executed today, every player whose vote was on him when the execution is processed will receive a Boon.

Thank you for your patience.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2023, 06:32:36 pm »

Anyone want to claim that?

Because otherwise I'm going to assume that was scum which makes me feel better about Max.

Unless Max did that to himself.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2023, 06:53:13 pm »

Ahem.

If Maximum Spin is executed today, every player whose vote was on him when the execution is processed will receive a Boon.

Ey, I'll take it! Maximum Spin.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2023, 07:41:59 pm »

If 6 players hammered Max, given the generally more cautious nature of scum, we might expect 4+ town players to get a boon. Depending on how potent a boon is, that could be a very good thing. I'm going to see how Max acts for the rest of the day, but if there is going to be a Max elimination then I'll be in on it.

Because otherwise I'm going to assume that was scum which makes me feel better about Max.
This is painful to read Toonyman! You seem to be (willfully??) obscuring the fact that the mod has confirmed at least two scum teams. Scum want to take out rival cults more than they want to take out town, as I'm sure you are not so bumbling or oafish as to forget.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2023, 07:44:23 pm »

Wow, I do not care about this right now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2023, 07:45:40 pm »

Cool then sit back and allow us to ultrakill you.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2023, 07:53:07 pm »

Ahem.

I don't want your hot dog and I don't want that boon.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2023, 08:03:26 pm »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2023, 08:07:39 pm »

NJW2000:
Ok, reread my last post again Toaster, specifically the first sentence.

Sooooo totally different definitions of shitposting.  Got it.

NQT:
Toaster, I'm just poking some bee hives here, playing casual on my phone. Not sure what about that is cult leaderish.

Because you slipped.  It wasn't huge, but it was there.  Web saw it too.  I'm not going into detail just yet on the off chance it snags someone else, but I'll try to expound before I go to bed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

https://www.trendhunter.com/trends/cowboy-fashion
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2023, 08:18:25 pm »

Years ago when I first started playing mafia, experience hammered into me a certain procedural style. Like, not unvoting until your vote has been addressed. Not jumping all over the place. That sort of thing. Not because it made for more effective scum hunting necessarily, but because that's what players were looking for and you'd get in hot water if you were too lax. I suspect it was that. Like, me seeming to just take your word about Tric and then go vote someone else.

And that's fair, you'd find that suspicious, you're that kind of player. But I'm trying something a little different this game. I'll expound if I'm still alive on D2.

On that note, I'm going to bed, so I should park my vote on Maximum Spin until I wake up in case he's hammered while I'm sleeping. I'm hemmed in on all sides by evil cults. I need maximum firepower.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2023, 08:24:27 pm »

If 6 players hammered Max, given the generally more cautious nature of scum, we might expect 4+ town players to get a boon. Depending on how potent a boon is, that could be a very good thing. I'm going to see how Max acts for the rest of the day, but if there is going to be a Max elimination then I'll be in on it.

This is painful to read Toonyman! You seem to be (willfully??) obscuring the fact that the mod has confirmed at least two scum teams. Scum want to take out rival cults more than they want to take out town, as I'm sure you are not so bumbling or oafish as to forget.
ToonyMan wouldn't use this on Max.  ToonyMan would use this on you.  Or me.  It'd be funnier if it were me, actually.

But, oddly enough, this actually makes me sure Max is Town and that Toony is probably Town.

NQT, I kinda want to know what beehives you're sticking your hands in here, because I can't say I like them.

PFP
Toaster, I'm just poking some bee hives here, playing casual on my phone. Not sure what about that is cult leaderish.

Are you perhaps aware that Cult has the inability to be converted by a different Cult?
I have a little more faith in Fallacy's ability to make a game than this. I'm going to assume for now that cult leaders can't convert one another. C'mon.

Obviously as NJW points out, you're a known liar— but here at least I don't see the town rationale for lying about this either. This isn't quite as bad as mafia-ally-Web but its not far off.
Hm...  I don't see it.  Personally, it seems like every other Town player missed out on WIFOMing the Cult by not claim Recruit immunity.  Gonna be honest:  Big mistake on their part.  The best part is that I think claiming it is better when Max and Toony aren't Cult Leaders, which is what I believe here.

And I definitely inspect as Mafia.  Go on, investigate me and find out.  Idk what to tell you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2023, 08:29:18 pm »

Are you saying you think scum think Max is also scum? Why should I listen to what scum think?

Also dude, chill. You've voted like 10 people in the last 12 hours. This is EuchreJack levels of crazy. I'm going to ignore the fact you ignored my question towards you (How much do you think I believe your nice guy attitude towards Tric?) because I don't know what to make of your D1 play so far. I honestly think you're town because of your insane slapdash approach which appears to have become the norm lately.

PPE:
Hm...  I don't see it.  Personally, it seems like every other Town player missed out on WIFOMing the Cult by not claim Recruit immunity.  Gonna be honest:  Big mistake on their part.  The best part is that I think claiming it is better when Max and Toony aren't Cult Leaders, which is what I believe here.

And I definitely inspect as Mafia.  Go on, investigate me and find out.  Idk what to tell you.
The Cult(s) should definitely recruit me tonight.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2023, 08:47:48 pm »

Years ago when I first started playing mafia, experience hammered into me a certain procedural style. Like, not unvoting until your vote has been addressed. Not jumping all over the place. That sort of thing. Not because it made for more effective scum hunting necessarily, but because that's what players were looking for and you'd get in hot water if you were too lax. I suspect it was that. Like, me seeming to just take your word about Tric and then go vote someone else.
Sure, I've noticed this in your games recently.

You may notice from my side that I don't like voting people for awhile on D1, like, at all.

This is because I don't think a vote matters when you vote someone else in your very next post.

Tric - probably town
Egan - probably town
NQT - probably town?
Max - more likely to be town if nobody claims the boon action, not a guarantee however I don't see a problem with play
Knightwing - don't know yet
Jack - don't know yet
Jim - jamesnosis
Toaster - maybe cult
Webadict - could be cult
NJW - could be cult

I would be surprised if there was cult inside Tric/Egan/NQT.

I am unsure but probably wouldn't be surprised if cult was inside Max/Knightwing/Jack.

I wouldn't be surprised if cult was inside Jim/Toaster/Web/NJW.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2023, 08:52:22 pm »

Did NQT slip knowing something he shouldn't? I didn't catch that.

It seems to be Toaster and then Web pointing this out. Let me see how I feel about this.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2023, 08:55:32 pm »

Sure, I've noticed this in your games recently.

You may notice from my side that I don't like voting people for awhile on D1, like, at all.

This is because I don't think a vote matters when you vote someone else in your very next post.

Tric - probably town
Egan - probably town
NQT - probably town?
Max - more likely to be town if nobody claims the boon action, not a guarantee however I don't see a problem with play
Knightwing - don't know yet
Jack - don't know yet
Jim - jamesnosis
Toaster - maybe cult
Webadict - could be cult
NJW - could be cult

I would be surprised if there was cult inside Tric/Egan/NQT.

I am unsure but probably wouldn't be surprised if cult was inside Max/Knightwing/Jack.

I wouldn't be surprised if cult was inside Jim/Toaster/Web/NJW.
Jim, should you vote Toony for that post?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 88