Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29787 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2023, 12:20:09 pm »

It would be very nice if there were regular votecounts so I could at least understand what the state of the game looks like currently. Who's in the lead for today? The day is almost over.
It's you at 2-3, Web at 3, Knightwing at probably 2-3, I can't remember. There's a count a few pages back.

Also, Town web does just as much scummy stuff.  Scum web has a disadvantage because he knows he's scum, so he has to put limitations on himself.  You might be thinking more about Mafia-ally web, who doesn't even need the game to function.  Using Mafia-ally web as reference is blatantly silly, for many reasons.
Town web reads what people have said and tries to resolve things, even in a very sarcastic way. Granted, he usually tells people they're stupid, but he tries to reason with them, not just make threats and pester other players to vote them.

Scum Web doesn't usually panic when people vote them, but I'm pretty sure he does explosively defend allies from time to time. Maybe solo-web really doesn't like losing control, I don't know. In any case, these posts are classic scum!Web deciding that they're not going to allow something to happen. In this case, it's a bit more obviously incriminating, because the thing you're trying to prevent is your own elimination.

Anyway, see y'all later, I have dinner plans.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2023, 12:28:33 pm »

I'd be more likely to believe that if it weren't for the target on your back and the case on Toaster earlier. Lynching Web means you don't have a chance of dying if web is telling the truth. But if web is telling the truth, there isn't a reason to lynch him right? And if he's lying, there also isn't a reason to lynch him.

... Here is a very good reason to lynch him, Cult loses if he's alive Day 3 and still town.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 12, 2023, 12:44:12 pm »

@NJW:  You are caught on some details and not on others.  I believe you are only seeing what you wish to see, and ignore that which does not agree with what you said.  Which is why shooting you is a correct assessment, as you are either scum or you will inevitably lose the game for Town.  I see no problems here?

Do you think I am not trying to resolve NQT, or are you upset that I am not taking steps to resolve your slot?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 12, 2023, 12:46:26 pm »

Oh, and this multipost stuff is from phoneposting.  Because I am not at a computer, so it's way harder to make longer posts.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 12, 2023, 01:07:26 pm »

@Tric. Web is lying about the kill. This is obvious. Web is lying about the unrecruitable passive. Here’s the thing: I can read Webadict. Its hard, but I’ve successfully done it the last three games I was town that we played in. I want him out because he’s a cult leader. Is that because I’m town, or because I’m in another cult? You choose. But there is no other reason for me to eliminate someone.

Please. This should be obvious.

@web. My position is unchanged. Shoot me, asshat.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 12, 2023, 01:10:13 pm »

This decisions would be easier to make if I could read Knightwing.

The posts that Knightwing has made I read as town. I also don't like voting a player for simply not being here. If Knightwing is malicious I also wouldn't be surprised if he just forgets to submit a N1 action.

Toonyman, Toonyman, Toonyman.
I usually think of you as a cool guy who likes fun, but here you are liking no fun at all.
I see your problem.
You need to be more like Egan, stop thinking, and ultrakill the bad men.
You think too much.
Sit back, relax, and let the soothing waves of Jimnosis fill up that empty head of yours and carry you away to a nice Caribbean island with a sea breeze and a mojito.
Repeat after me, Toonyman:
"I'm a miller, I can't be converted, and I'm masons with Max, Jim, and web."
Repeat it until you believe it all the way down to your boots.
Then we can start this game properly.
I have more fun being different. Hence hats.

I'm town. I can definitely be converted. I'm riding solo.

Toony, Toony, Toony.

Toony.

The thing is that Max is correct.  You are doubting yourself.  The points you should be asking yourself is the following:

- Who knows what the scum team really is?
- What are people hunting for?
- Why are they hunting for it?

Keep calm and let the Revolution guide you.  You are the Commander, after all.  And I am the Bodyguard!

Anyway, I can't be converted and inspect as Mafia, so it doesn't really matter.  I can obviously only win if Town wins.

It's prooooobably Knightwing and NQT.  I highly recommend blocking NQT Tonight.  I'll still be killing NJW, so there's not really a need to figure out his slot.
Scum would have a better idea what the scum team actually is.

Town are hunting scum. Scum are probably hunting rival scum over town so I don't expect a lack of scumhunting as a tell.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 12, 2023, 01:13:56 pm »

Personally, I think you are playing the game incorrectly for the right reasons, which is why I have to kill you.  I know you don't understand that, but Max understands, and that's all that matters.
The sad thing is this is completely true.

I am pretty sure this is town NJW2000, being exactly the same NJW2000 I've gotten voted out, as scum, for being this NJW2000 at least twice. I would love for you to relax and let your mind expand a little. I'm not even asking you to be unconvertible masons with us, since I already know you're scared of fun.

Webadict is right that this NJW2000, as town, in this game, inevitably loses the game for town. Honestly, if I were cult, or mafia, or velociraptor, this game I wouldn't even tell you this, I'd just direct you at the appropriate targets and then lynch you for getting them wrong. But I'm town this time and I don't want to lose.

I even gave you the opportunity to convince me to vote for web and told you the exact conditions under which I would do so, and then web did too, and it didn't work.

Max
I am not masons with Jack, but he uncontrollably whispered me his alignment at the start of the day.
Sorry to be dense, but was this a joke or not?
It was a true joke, but it was in fact a joke, unlike my other claims.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2023, 01:14:17 pm »

@Tric. Web is lying about the kill. This is obvious. Web is lying about the unrecruitable passive. Here’s the thing: I can read Webadict. Its hard, but I’ve successfully done it the last three games I was town that we played in. I want him out because he’s a cult leader. Is that because I’m town, or because I’m in another cult? You choose. But there is no other reason for me to eliminate someone.
My problem here is I'm under the assumption that we're dealing with solo Cult Leaders here.

Max got targeted by a boon that nobody has claimed. I'm going to definitively say this was from a scum player at this point. It could be from Max himself or a partner, but I don't really like that logic.

Max is hard defending Web. How is Web a solo Cult Leader here unless Max is throwing the game?

Even if Web and Max are partners, that would mean some scum also targeted Max with a boon. Are we dealing with at least three scum players already?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 12, 2023, 01:24:53 pm »

Max is hard defending Web. How is Web a solo Cult Leader here unless Max is throwing the game?
You need to repeat your mantra more.

Anyway, Knightwing was seen elsewhere just this morning. Either he forgot about this game and we should vote him out so he isn't a sitting duck, or he's lurking on purpose and we should vote him out for that.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 12, 2023, 01:33:42 pm »

Or he's forgotten to post and will show up near day end, then fail to send in any day action.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 12, 2023, 01:56:57 pm »

Hey Jack, what do you think about Jim?
I just don't see Jim.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 12, 2023, 01:58:52 pm »

I think it's really unlikely both NQT and Web are town.

I agree with the TricThunderdome.

NQT vs. WEB

We flip one today, if the first one is town then we flip the other tomorrow.

If they're both scum this is a great plan. If one is scum this is an acceptable plan. If neither are scum it's a horrible plan.

If they're both town then we're fucked anyway so...I'll put my neck on the line and say you guys can kill me so the game and our misery can be over faster.

Anyway, Knightwing was seen elsewhere just this morning. Either he forgot about this game and we should vote him out so he isn't a sitting duck, or he's lurking on purpose and we should vote him out for that.
That's true. I'd just like to hear from him so I have a better idea. I think I would be able to obviously tell if he was town or not if he simply posted. I don't find the lack of posting as a nail in the coffin. It's not like he posted anywhere else right? He may have quickly glanced the thread this morning before running out the door with toast in his mouth.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 12, 2023, 02:01:55 pm »

Or he's forgotten to post and will show up near day end, then fail to send in any day action.
Genius Idea: Don't vote Knightwing, since he'll probably forget to recruit as Cult Leader.
(Jack is still wearing the Dunce Cap)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 12, 2023, 02:03:06 pm »

That's true. I'd just like to hear from him so I have a better idea. I think I would be able to obviously tell if he was town or not if he simply posted. I don't find the lack of posting as a nail in the coffin. It's not like he posted anywhere else right? He may have quickly glanced the thread this morning before running out the door with toast in his mouth.
He was on a discord Tric and Egan and I are all also in.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2023, 02:04:25 pm »

Sadly, I don't really see NQT or Web as scum, but I would probably go NQT as I haven't planned Extra Special Fun for NQT.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 88