Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29471 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2023, 04:55:57 pm »

Has NQT ever been Cult? Relying on Meta isn't a guarantee when new situations pop up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2023, 04:57:14 pm »

... On that note, think web is right about your NJW, you are Town. Please do not vote out webadict of all people?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2023, 05:08:25 pm »

@ModFallacy: What happens if the Elimination is tied?
In such a case where the execution vote is tied, no player will be executed.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2023, 05:10:13 pm »

Has NQT ever been Cult? Relying on Meta isn't a guarantee when new situations pop up.
That's true. My assumption is that the hiding instinct would be stronger if anything. But this isn't just meta-based... NQT seems to genuinely want to sort things out, awkwardly as he's going about it. He cares about stuff he can't understand, like the mega miller mason massclaim, and is being downright stubborn about people not giving him his due in a way that only very crazy people do as scum.

... On that note, think web is right about your NJW, you are Town. Please do not vote out webadict of all people?
Tric. I know this isn't what you want to hear. But I can read Web.

I read him in FBYOR6. I read him in U,Robot II after basically a single post. I had a decent fix on him in MVM 3. I generally know when Web is scum - it's not just that he always rolls it, because I didn't think he was scum in the Demon Mafia game. So I'm voting out Web. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I have a track record here.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2023, 05:16:45 pm »

Pfp

I have never been a cult leader, no.

Thunderdomes are supremely dumb ideas. When do they ever catch scum? Web putting his neck on the line like this is either extreme confidence, having a rez, or he is just town. Hmm...

Very Boring Reveal

Web, my approach is counterproductive if it gets me killed D1. By throwing my vote around, I wanted to do all the normal thing— applying pressure, signalling my feelings about cases, but actually the secret extra thing I didn't want to divulge was that I wanted to generate a bit of heat against me, get close enough to the precipice that I wouldn't be a good conversion target (someone too many people hate). I always play to my wincon and this was my way of doing it. Saying what I wanted to do spoils the approach, so congrats. But dying also spoils the approach.

So there you go. Still want to Thunderdome?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 12, 2023, 05:22:49 pm »

Pfp

I have never been a cult leader, no.

Thunderdomes are supremely dumb ideas. When do they ever catch scum? Web putting his neck on the line like this is either extreme confidence, having a rez, or he is just town. Hmm...

Very Boring Reveal

Web, my approach is counterproductive if it gets me killed D1. By throwing my vote around, I wanted to do all the normal thing— applying pressure, signalling my feelings about cases, but actually the secret extra thing I didn't want to divulge was that I wanted to generate a bit of heat against me, get close enough to the precipice that I wouldn't be a good conversion target (someone too many people hate). I always play to my wincon and this was my way of doing it. Saying what I wanted to do spoils the approach, so congrats. But dying also spoils the approach.

So there you go. Still want to Thunderdome?
Not a bad choice.  Would you be up for voting out Knightwing?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 12, 2023, 05:24:52 pm »

Tric. I know this isn't what you want to hear. But I can read Web.

I read him in FBYOR6. I read him in U,Robot II after basically a single post. I had a decent fix on him in MVM 3. I generally know when Web is scum - it's not just that he always rolls it, because I didn't think he was scum in the Demon Mafia game. So I'm voting out Web. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I have a track record here.
This attitude is why I have to shoot you.  You do realize this, right?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 12, 2023, 05:43:47 pm »

From the beginning of the game to now, Knightwing has behaved like classic lurker scum the whole day- tunneling on one target to be seen to do something but otherwise completely in the background.

Worth pointing out if we'd got rid of the biggest lurker on D1 in the last game, we'd have hit scum. And on the flip side, the person who posts the most is very unlikely to be a cult leader (though without lurkertracker, I don't know who that is, maybe me, but could even be Web).

All to say, yes, Knightwing is a good candidate for D1 elimination.

--

I really don't see Euchrejack's NJW push. Maybe I'm being pocketed here, but NJW has had such a clear appraisal of the other players. He talks himself down a bit for no good reason. Well I suppose a cult leader, as solo hunting a rival leader (or leaders?!) can just act like fairminded town. In fact, townhunting is perhaps just as important for them as it is for the town. But still, I don't see the force in it. Not when there are other players who have laid low the whole day.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 12, 2023, 06:07:18 pm »

From the beginning of the game to now, Knightwing has behaved like classic lurker scum the whole day- tunneling on one target to be seen to do something but otherwise completely in the background.

Worth pointing out if we'd got rid of the biggest lurker on D1 in the last game, we'd have hit scum. And on the flip side, the person who posts the most is very unlikely to be a cult leader (though without lurkertracker, I don't know who that is, maybe me, but could even be Web).

All to say, yes, Knightwing is a good candidate for D1 elimination.

--

I really don't see Euchrejack's NJW push. Maybe I'm being pocketed here, but NJW has had such a clear appraisal of the other players. He talks himself down a bit for no good reason. Well I suppose a cult leader, as solo hunting a rival leader (or leaders?!) can just act like fairminded town. In fact, townhunting is perhaps just as important for them as it is for the town. But still, I don't see the force in it. Not when there are other players who have laid low the whole day.
Don't overthink EuchreJack.  You're putting a lot of logic in it, and that's a bit unnecessary, because, as far as I can tell, EuchreJack believes that I'm Town (or that Tric is Town, who believes that I'm Town), and that NJW's stance is therefore categorically anti-Town.

However, NQT, I have a problem, which is that there's probably a second Cult Leader.  I do agree that Knightwing is probably correct to vote out, but that there's a second Player who might also be scum...  Do you have a guess on who you believe is the second (And if you think that the second is me, then do you have a third guess)?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 12, 2023, 06:22:14 pm »

Knightwing is a good pick for today. But yes, there are two+ cult leaders.

Egan is high on my suspect list too. People like Egan's play but I don't really get why. It's mostly just disavowal, a refusal to engage with the game.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 12, 2023, 06:25:29 pm »

Jim it is then. Got anything to say from the shadows of that pyramid scheme you're building?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 12, 2023, 06:30:18 pm »

Jimnosis.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2023, 06:31:43 pm »

I don't know what you expected, but you should have seen that coming.

Still working, but almost done, and then I'll catch up. Probably not going to have much to say for another hour or two.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2023, 06:33:54 pm »

That all said... I liked Toaster in the first 24 hours of the game, but my opinion has plummeted on a reread. He's only made 12 posts (second from the bottom I think). But more worringly, he's done two other classic scum things:

1. Asking a bunch ]of questions, and just not caring about the answers.
2. Making a weak early game case then tunneling it for the rest of the day.

Lurking, activity for the sake of it, and inability to develop suspects or review suspicions... it's the trifecta!

If not Knightwing today, Toaster is a great pick.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 12, 2023, 06:34:38 pm »

I do agree that Knightwing is probably correct to vote out
Knightwing is a good pick for today.
...What is this?

1. Webadict thinks NQT is a top scum pick. I can see his point.
2. NQT thinks Webadict is a top scum pick. I can see his point.
3. Tric and me want the two to thunderdome.
4. Both Web and NQT agree that Knightwing should go instead.

I see two players that don't actually want to kill the other.

Plus the fact Webadict wants to shoot NJW for some reason. Which I assume they would still want to do over NQT even if we voted off Knightwing today?

Jimnosis.
Help me out here.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 88