Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29458 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #390 on: May 12, 2023, 06:36:58 pm »

Max: are you voting NQT because you think they’re scum, or for Masonic reasons?
Yes.
I'm voting NQT for the same reason Web is, though: Almost everyone else is doing the correct movements.
Anyway, it looks like the thread has progressed from that state so I don't feel the need to go into it any more than that. Not hiding anything, it just doesn't feel like the important thing.

I was going to do the thing of going through the new posts, but I don't really want to say anything about any of them, except:
And on the flip side, the person who posts the most is very unlikely to be a cult leader (though without lurkertracker, I don't know who that is, maybe me, but could even be Web).
As of the last Lurkertrack, it looks like it was, in fact, Egan!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 12, 2023, 06:45:59 pm »

Ok, thanks for explaining that NQT, it was pretty expected but underwhelming all the same. Ugh.

Yes, Toaster is bad in many ways, but strong players think he is just always like this, and it is unlikely that they have a reason to lie, irregardless of alignment. He may just have been asleep recently. I know I'd like to be.

This attitude is why I have to shoot you.  You do realize this, right?
I... yeah, sure. You'll be shooting me if you don't get voted off. You have a gun and won't be converting anyone, you'll be shooting them. That is definitely what you'll be doing.

I'm so tired of this. I can't be doing it right. Maybe it's time to change.

Maybe.

Max: the fun police are here. They've driven up in a normal car, and a perfectly sensible number of them got out of it.

Now, I know the two of us don't always see eye to eye on the matter of fun. I'm against it, as you know. In some ways, it disgusts me. But as much as I dislike it, I believe that certain liberties must be protected. Web and NQT have crossed a line here, and I need to do something about that. I need to do it for KW, and his right to make the game hilarious and nonsensical on the off-chance he's actually a cult leader. I need to do it for Egan, and their natural right to bloodshed. But more than that, I need to do it for myself.

Because there's something I haven't been telling you, even though you've known it all along.

I'm secretly masons with Max.

And I'm a miller. I literally inspect as a mill. And I'm unconvertibly town. I can't change alignment. Not even after the game is over. I didn't believe FoU when he told me, but apparently Mephansteras is backing him up here, and he'll just fucking ban me if I ever roll scum. And also I'm masons with Egan. I should have voted Jim with him when I had the chance, and I'm so, so sorry we've ended up here instead. I'd take it back in an instant.

I'm secretly fun.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 12, 2023, 06:49:31 pm »

I really don't see Euchrejack's NJW push. Maybe I'm being pocketed here, but NJW has had such a clear appraisal of the other players. He talks himself down a bit for no good reason. Well I suppose a cult leader, as solo hunting a rival leader (or leaders?!) can just act like fairminded town. In fact, townhunting is perhaps just as important for them as it is for the town. But still, I don't see the force in it. Not when there are other players who have laid low the whole day.
I do like NJW.

I don't want NJW voted here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 12, 2023, 07:08:19 pm »

Max
As of the last Lurkertrack, it looks like it was, in fact, Egan!
Well dang.

I'm voting NQT for the same reason Web is, though: Almost everyone else is doing the correct movements.
Anyway, it looks like the thread has progressed from that state so I don't feel the need to go into it any more than that. Not hiding anything, it just doesn't feel like the important thing.
Okay work through that thought, who else do you think isn't making the 'correct' movements? Is playing bog standard in this setup what you'd expect to see from every town player?

If I had time, NJW, I'd look at Supernatural 7 where Toaster was town on D1 but then converted to the scum team. That said, it can be dangerous to rely on meta too much, as people can and do try different things.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 12, 2023, 07:27:45 pm »

I'm secretly masons with Max.

And I'm a miller. I literally inspect as a mill. And I'm unconvertibly town. I can't change alignment. Not even after the game is over. I didn't believe FoU when he told me, but apparently Mephansteras is backing him up here, and he'll just fucking ban me if I ever roll scum. And also I'm masons with Egan. I should have voted Jim with him when I had the chance, and I'm so, so sorry we've ended up here instead. I'd take it back in an instant.

I'm secretly fun.
And I' the Meowfia. Pull the other one Max.

Jiim's ulikely to do anything before I'm no longer able to post. I do not like how this has devolved into voting Knightwing for being absent-ish/wanting to vote Jim. Vote Jim, down with the pyramid scheme.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 12, 2023, 07:53:12 pm »

Max:, you can make this a world with fun, or go along with the Knightwing wagon and make it a world without fun. As hilarious as it would be to vote Jim out with a wagon of scrappy underdogs propelled by Egan's insatiable bloodlust, I want web. I don't know which world I'll be waking up in tomorrow. But I think you do.

Egan: Kill web with me and I'll give you Jim. I'm like 70% sure he's the other cult leader anyway, I'd be voting him if not for web. I know how web will flip, and even if I'm wrong, I'm going after Jim. But I'm not working with you on this one until I have what I want.

Jiim's ulikely to do anything before I'm no longer able to post. I do not like how this has devolved into voting Knightwing for being absent-ish/wanting to vote Jim. Vote Jim, down with the pyramid scheme.

NO. I want webadict out today. I've made the read, committed to the wagon, and pushed Web until his discipline broke. I'd like Jim out, but the people voting him can't be trusted to hold their damn votes. I don't care if NQT is a damp squib here, we don't need him for the elim.

We have more votes on Webadict, and I'm not switching, because I'm going to sleep and not waking up before the day ends. You want something other than a dumb KW elim? Switch to Web. Stare me down all you like, I'm not blinking. Because my eyes will be shut.

It's called hard commitment. Game theory, baby.
One wheel short of a wagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2023, 08:14:54 pm »

I doubt I'll be awake for a 3am deadline either.

I don't want a Knightwing elimination and really don't like Webadict and NQT pivoting to him.

His posts he came back with look like a clueless buffoon, for example here responding to Web. I also have more faith in Max than Web, and Max would rather vote NQT than Knightwing.

I think Jim has been coasting and still find him suspicious, but we can only vote out one player today. I hope he recruits me so we can be on a team together for once.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 12, 2023, 08:20:18 pm »

You're not getting webadict today NJW. It's Jim, who's been going on about the pyramid scheme, Knightwing which NQT/Web have pivoted to. Or no one, the Cult decides.
It's too late no for a Fire Drill, and if I see one start up again, I am going to through my night actions out the window and gun someone so hard they come back to life and die again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 12, 2023, 08:20:53 pm »

Oh shit I misread that deadline and thought I had all of tomorrow.  Shit.

Uhhhhhhh I've been slack today because work and other things, but I'm super happy with NQT, lean pretty town on NJW, and am moderately ambivalent on Web?  Knightwing is super noncommittal and I'd be way more interested in nailing him to the wall over it EXCEPT that he was equally quiet BYOR16 and he was town there.  Now I do think he's quieter here, and I could be overcompensating.  Jim's odd but I don't have a vibe on him.  Toony is still odd based solely on gut.

Lemme look over and see if I can find anything that pops up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2023, 08:23:26 pm »

Also NJW we have played together, in a Fallacy game no less.  MVM3 Round 5
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 12, 2023, 08:27:01 pm »

Town
Tric - feels town
Egan - seems really active and in the game even if their content is less than adequate
Jack - good energy

Probably Town
NJW - a lot of effort posts, really wants Web dead, this stubborn conviction is probably a town mentality
Max - got hit with a boon action which was definitely from scum, I would rate Max lower otherwise because I find him hard to trust
Knightwing - pretty sure he's town
Toaster - kind of like NJW, I think he's showing stubborn conviction and unlike players like Web/Max/NJW he's actually shading me constantly. He also isn't hounding Tric so I feel like he's learned his lesson from last game.

Suspicious
NQT - more null than suspicious, but if Web is town and/or this setup is solo scum I find NQT rather suspect for their "survive at any cost" attitude
Jim - easy street
Web - cult leader trying to survive

PPE:
Oh shit I misread that deadline and thought I had all of tomorrow.  Shit.

Uhhhhhhh I've been slack today because work and other things, but I'm super happy with NQT, lean pretty town on NJW, and am moderately ambivalent on Web?  Knightwing is super noncommittal and I'd be way more interested in nailing him to the wall over it EXCEPT that he was equally quiet BYOR16 and he was town there.  Now I do think he's quieter here, and I could be overcompensating.  Jim's odd but I don't have a vibe on him.  Toony is still odd based solely on gut.

Lemme look over and see if I can find anything that pops up.
I'm not super happy with NQT and kind of dread a game where we lynch him D1 and he flips town, but maybe that will be more fun? If we hit a Cult on D1 that should make the game far less fun, but that's not my goal here.

Tric bothered you a lot in the previous game when he was town, what does he feel like now?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2023, 08:28:11 pm »

Also NJW we have played together, in a Fallacy game no less.  MVM3 Round 5
Mmmm my favorite mafia performance in recent memory.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2023, 08:31:56 pm »

It's too late no for a Fire Drill, and if I see one start up again, I am going to through my night actions out the window and gun someone so hard they come back to life and die again.
Gun someone you say? You should try gunning me tonight and see what happens.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 12, 2023, 08:42:25 pm »

Jim, what's your read on Tric?  You've called him easiest read in Mafia, so...

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 12, 2023, 08:43:08 pm »

Jim, what's your read on Tric?  You've called him easiest read in Mafia, so...

Lies

My dog is glued to my lap because of thunderstorm, but I’m putting my foot down and saying Web is sketchy cult. If I’m wrong, you can burn me at the cross d2 or whatever i dunno

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 88