Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29837 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2023, 09:15:24 pm »

Fallacy:  Are non-cult third parties possible in this game?

...is Mafia a possible alignment in this game?

(also I'll ninja you any day I please)
In order:

Yes.

Also yes. It would be admittedly mean, but there's more leeway for meanness in a semi-bastard - which, to be clear to everyone, was noted right there within the first few lines of the OP.

I suppose you can do that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2023, 09:16:16 pm »

Knightwing:  Can you just summarize why you think Web should be lynched today, please?

1: Seems very obv cult

2: going after me

3: I don’t believe the hotdog selling merchant is not a cult leader in a cult game, this might be a bit meta but I refuse to believe that isn’t the case

4: Actively been campaigning for people to buy his sausage product, which fits with my theory of hotdog conversion

5: I made a post earlier about it

6: Because I said so 8) 

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 12, 2023, 09:17:37 pm »

(also I'll ninja you any day I please)

I suppose you can do that.

Don’t be taken in by the bulli

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 12, 2023, 09:20:56 pm »

Knightwing:  Can you just summarize why you think Web should be lynched today, please?

3: I don’t believe the hotdog selling merchant is not a cult leader in a cult game, this might be a bit meta but I refuse to believe that isn’t the case

4: Actively been campaigning for people to buy his sausage product, which fits with my theory of hotdog conversion

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 12, 2023, 09:23:42 pm »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 12, 2023, 09:25:10 pm »

Max: the fun police are here. They've driven up in a normal car, and a perfectly sensible number of them got out of it.

Now, I know the two of us don't always see eye to eye on the matter of fun. I'm against it, as you know. In some ways, it disgusts me. But as much as I dislike it, I believe that certain liberties must be protected. Web and NQT have crossed a line here, and I need to do something about that. I need to do it for KW, and his right to make the game hilarious and nonsensical on the off-chance he's actually a cult leader. I need to do it for Egan, and their natural right to bloodshed. But more than that, I need to do it for myself.

Because there's something I haven't been telling you, even though you've known it all along.

I'm secretly masons with Max.

And I'm a miller. I literally inspect as a mill. And I'm unconvertibly town. I can't change alignment. Not even after the game is over. I didn't believe FoU when he told me, but apparently Mephansteras is backing him up here, and he'll just fucking ban me if I ever roll scum. And also I'm masons with Egan. I should have voted Jim with him when I had the chance, and I'm so, so sorry we've ended up here instead. I'd take it back in an instant.

I'm secretly fun.
Hahahahaha, okay. Who do you want me to vote for, mason buddy?

Okay work through that thought, who else do you think isn't making the 'correct' movements? Is playing bog standard in this setup what you'd expect to see from every town player?
Yeah, you're not getting what I mean. "Bog standard" isn't "the correct movements". The correct movements vary per player and are specific to this game.
You and Knightwing are the only ones who were most clearly not making the correct movements. Web and I both clearly latched onto this from quite early on. There are some players whose movements were not quite perfectly on beat, and some who would know to make the correct movements anyway, but I don't feel the need to go into the whole thing.

Max:, you can make this a world with fun, or go along with the Knightwing wagon and make it a world without fun. As hilarious as it would be to vote Jim out with a wagon of scrappy underdogs propelled by Egan's insatiable bloodlust, I want web. I don't know which world I'll be waking up in tomorrow. But I think you do.

Egan: Kill web with me and I'll give you Jim. I'm like 70% sure he's the other cult leader anyway, I'd be voting him if not for web. I know how web will flip, and even if I'm wrong, I'm going after Jim. But I'm not working with you on this one until I have what I want.

Jiim's ulikely to do anything before I'm no longer able to post. I do not like how this has devolved into voting Knightwing for being absent-ish/wanting to vote Jim. Vote Jim, down with the pyramid scheme.

NO. I want webadict out today. I've made the read, committed to the wagon, and pushed Web until his discipline broke. I'd like Jim out, but the people voting him can't be trusted to hold their damn votes. I don't care if NQT is a damp squib here, we don't need him for the elim.

We have more votes on Webadict, and I'm not switching, because I'm going to sleep and not waking up before the day ends. You want something other than a dumb KW elim? Switch to Web. Stare me down all you like, I'm not blinking. Because my eyes will be shut.

It's called hard commitment. Game theory, baby.
Man, you really aren't very good at fun. But I can see you're trying. Some day, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. Until that day, accept this vote as a gift on your daughter's wedding day. webadict.

Nobody would go along with it but considering how rarely TricMagic plays things close to the chest I think it might be worth testing here.
I would absolutely go along with it.

Rest of you are incredibly unimpressive. Are we going to CFD this or what?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 12, 2023, 09:29:13 pm »

Max says mean, but voted for web

Good, all according to pla-

I mean, nice of you to come around  ;)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 12, 2023, 09:40:08 pm »

I'd like to see what happens, so I am not voting to hammer Web, but I specifically voted NJW because Web said he was going to shoot NJW and vote NQT. Yet, when I offered to reverse it, he jumped on the Knightwing train.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 12, 2023, 09:45:14 pm »

@Max:
Why are you voting Web over NQT? Are you convinced by NJW? Because I don't find your vote very convincing.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 12, 2023, 09:48:28 pm »

@Max:
Why are you voting Web over NQT? Are you convinced by NJW? Because I don't find your vote very convincing.
Because I'm throwing him a bone and it is not, at this moment, doing any harm. I probably won't sit on it till day end unless everyone profoundly disappoints me, which is possible.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 12, 2023, 10:04:17 pm »

I'll be honest and say I don't really care.

I am Town, but whatever.  I'm not gonna try this game.

I really am nonconvertible, Mafia-Miller Hotdog Seller.

No defense from me, feel free to Hammer.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 12, 2023, 10:07:56 pm »

I give out Hotdogs.  The Hotdogs do tracking and stuff.  I can make the Hotdogs do bad things like Roleblock and Kill, if I use enough Hotdogs.

That's all.

Knightwing is dumb in thinking I can convert people with Hotdogs, or else I'd be trying to get everyone to buy Hotdogs.  Come on, man.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 12, 2023, 10:08:14 pm »

@Web:
Why not vote NQT instead of Knightwing?

Do you think actual mafia are in this game?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 12, 2023, 10:10:35 pm »

@Web:
Why not vote NQT instead of Knightwing?

Do you think actual mafia are in this game?
Because I think Knightwing has a higher chance of being Mafia.

Not that I don't think NQT can't be Mafia, but I'm not really paying attention to this game.  I have other problems.  I'm really just reading off Max and everyone else whenever I get a chance, because I can't really find any energy to do anything else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 12, 2023, 10:11:08 pm »

See, I'm writing Mafia instead of Cult because I'm not really even thinking about the game, lol
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 88