Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29706 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (9 / 11) - Day 3 - Game of Clones
« Reply #780 on: May 17, 2023, 07:00:07 pm »

ToonyMan:
Tric and Egan are cleared because Tric didn't need to tell us how many town players there currently are if he was Cult. Maybe it's some smart mind game, but I don't like giving Tric much credit. This also means Egan is confirmed town if we believe Tric. In other words Tric and Egan are confirmed town, at least for today.

I am... sort of willing to agree to this.  I don't THINK this is Cult Tric, which by following means he's not lying about Egan.  We have bigger fish to fry, anyway.

Web
Max
NJW
Toaster
Jack

Conveniently leaving yourself off the list.

Web and Toony:  Both of you have made confident claims that Jack is pretty likely the other leader.  Why do you think this?  I asked earlier and got no answer (unless I totally missed it)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (10 / 11) - Day 2 - Bright Gold Dawn
« Reply #781 on: May 17, 2023, 07:12:57 pm »

N1 Report

NQT - glows gold (doesn't know why), has two votes, have they claimed being blocked?
Tric - claims bupkis
Jim - tried to inspect Web which would have also learned their wincon but it fails, receives item from Toony
Toony - gets an offer to give up one of their abilities, gives item to Jim, gives item to NJW, fails to give item to Webadict, gets grey goo'd
Jack - claims nothing
Egan - gets offer to give up one of their abilities, prevented anyone from targeting Webadict
Webadict - gave a deluxe hotdog to NQT which blocked him, but now NQT is probably unblockable tomorrow but Web says they can track NQT, claims they did three actions
NJW - inspected Jim result was Cult, hasn't confirmed item from Toony
Toaster - claims nadda
Max - claims they did three actions, otherwise nothing

PPE:
My green number went up by 2, and my ability cost 2 AP. It might be a counter for our positive Town abilities. Who had another number go up again?
Okay..."Jack - Has an ability that cost 2AP". Great.

Like I said: I don't have anything worth offering. Anything I could offer wouldn't do anything for other players.
Try to think at least half a step ahead. This is your opportunity to demonstrate that this claim is true, at least.
I don't really see why I have to do that when you already think I'm town.

...You're the one that did the boon on yourself yesterday aren't you?

Ok, so I kinda missed the boring do nothing until Jim thankfully got hammered to end the millennium of boredom, did anyone add to this on Day 2?

Need to catalog night actions for Day 3, and add my own.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 17, 2023, 07:19:02 pm »

I gave Max a red rifle. No one else should have a red rifle.
Anyone targeting me would have hit someone else.
How can you tell me this isn't like your Devil role when you want another player dead to win? Pretty sure you wanted to kill Knightwing in that game.
That's actually fair, but that's the only similarity. It's not a repeat of that role or anything. Besides, in that one I was neutral and had to lynch (specifically) Knightwing OR survive. In this one I'm town but I have to win as town AND kill (any way, but it has to be complete) Egan.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 17, 2023, 07:20:17 pm »

Conveniently leaving yourself off the list.

Web and Toony:  Both of you have made confident claims that Jack is pretty likely the other leader.  Why do you think this?  I asked earlier and got no answer (unless I totally missed it)
Dang dude, Toony not suspecting himself.

As for the Jack question, that's less important than this one:  You have yet to claim literally anything, would you like to start?

I have claimed my Role, several of my Abilities, all of my Actions, all of my targets, my role name, and even several of my Lucky Numbers.  Toony has verifiable Actions, claimed his role name, several aspects of his role, Actions, and targets.

Why should we think you're Town?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 17, 2023, 07:45:35 pm »

I suppose I never did my full claim, which is that I tracked notquitethere.  I also targeted ToonyMan, Max, and Toaster with that track, as well, but they either did not target anyone or have not eaten a Hot Dog.

I also gave a Hot Dog to Egan_BW and NJW2000.

notquitethere targeted Egan_BW.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 17, 2023, 07:46:54 pm »

These are my own Claims:
I'm basically a cultivator from Amazing Cultivation Simulator.
But anyways, I disabled these three from acting: Egan_BW, Maximum Spin and ToonyMan.
I assume I only got two results because Egan_BW died temporarily.
On Night 1, I attempted to prevent anything bad from happening to Web. But I was told Web didn't exist.

I obtained a Cultivation ability where I spend X AP to mirror another player's ability costing X or less back onto them.

I learned an action name: Metaforge Metagun - I think this is the action ToonyMan was trying to do
I gained a Red Quickfire Rifle.  Flavor text was that someone gave it to me. I believe these are two different things, upon further reading

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 17, 2023, 07:48:30 pm »

I suppose I never did my full claim, which is that I tracked notquitethere.  I also targeted ToonyMan, Max, and Toaster with that track, as well, but they either did not target anyone or have not eaten a Hot Dog.

I also gave a Hot Dog to Egan_BW and NJW2000.

notquitethere targeted Egan_BW.
I think this means notquitethere started with nonzero pink number. I don't know if that means anything.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 17, 2023, 07:49:48 pm »

But anyways, I disabled these three from acting: Egan_BW, Maximum Spin and ToonyMan.
Didn't work on me.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 17, 2023, 07:50:34 pm »

We need to be thinking about the other cult leader today - not hammering until the end. I'd lean towards going over D1 with a fine-toothed comb, but there might be associative tells later on at least.

Webadict... hasn't done anything to make me think he's town, but I'm less certain in my D1 read nonetheless.

EJ as cult leader...hmph. No offence, but do we catch Jim and completely miss cult!EJ for two days? Doesn't seem likely, and this doesn't seem like scum!EJ. I'm bad at reading Max and Toony, but not seeing them as scum. Going to have to look through Toaster's contributions D2 and D3, but not leaning towards them as cult leader. A not-that-small part of me is screaming "it's just Web", to be honest, but getting tomorrow wrong loses the game for us.

Sorry about basically posting nothing interesting thus far today, crazy day work and people-wise.
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 17, 2023, 07:52:36 pm »

I gave items to Web, Max, and Tric last night.

I failed to give Tric an item for some reason.

Also I have been even further Disabled by black slime so now I can barely do anything. Thanks NQT.

Who did Jim swap with?

It's a player that had this Firefly role until now.

Egan - no, doesn't match what they claimed N1
NJW - no, doesn't match what they claimed N1

webadict - most likely not, doesn't match their Hotdog claim and nobody else would be the Hotdog Vendor

Max - probably not, they're probably the devil deal person and the firefly role doesn't match
Tric - probably not, they learned about the Lifetime tag on N1 so it doesn't seem like they had the role
NQT - probably not, doesn't match what little they've claimed, but more important I don't think Jim targets NQT

Jack - could be
Toaster - could be

I think Jim targeted either Jack or Toaster or maybe NQT.

I feel like it would be Jack personally.

It's also not whoever grey goo'd me, because it's not in this role.

If Toaster isn't lying about not gooing me, then NQT is probably the one that goo'd me N1. (And now black slime'd me N2)
That might have been me?
Nothing in my role mentions slime, but Black is in my role name, and I did disable Toonyman N2.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 17, 2023, 07:58:49 pm »

We need to be thinking about the other cult leader today - not hammering until the end. I'd lean towards going over D1 with a fine-toothed comb, but there might be associative tells later on at least.

Webadict... hasn't done anything to make me think he's town, but I'm less certain in my D1 read nonetheless.

EJ as cult leader...hmph. No offence, but do we catch Jim and completely miss cult!EJ for two days? Doesn't seem likely, and this doesn't seem like scum!EJ. I'm bad at reading Max and Toony, but not seeing them as scum. Going to have to look through Toaster's contributions D2 and D3, but not leaning towards them as cult leader. A not-that-small part of me is screaming "it's just Web", to be honest, but getting tomorrow wrong loses the game for us.

Sorry about basically posting nothing interesting thus far today, crazy day work and people-wise.
Well, I've also been mulling over the "it's just Web" hypothesis, since Cult Leader plus one recruit would fit into Web being unable to act Night 1, but free to act Night 2.
If that were the case, I'd say Toaster was Web's recruit, since not talking makes Toaster look more suspicious, and Toaster could have fed Web all that extra info that makes Web look townish.

But if that is the case, Web probably needs people to eat the hotdogs to recruit them, so just don't do that.  :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 17, 2023, 07:59:58 pm »

Or alternatively, Everyone eat the hot dogs

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 17, 2023, 08:07:39 pm »

I thought Jack was Jim's convert, but that has been cleared(?) up as being NQT.

I still think Jack has been quiet and I don't like their D1 Knightwing vote. That would mean they're a Cult leader which I would have to think about. My gut instinct is that CultLeader!Jack converts you or NJW.

I don't really think Web is Cult. Max is more likely than Web in that world.

@Jack:
I don't understand why you have the red rifle I gave Max.

Also yes it appears you are the one that disabled me further with black slime.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 17, 2023, 08:26:23 pm »

Initial thoughts:

I feel Web is the least likely to be Cult here, they were on death's door against NQT D1 and even though they both switched to Knightwing I feel like only one of them is scum. They've also been very open unlike some people. In addition, Web makes a poor convert because of their neardeath D1 and unconvertable claims.

Max is maybe possible. I think they're less likely because of the D1 boon thing (which I remember NQT chiding me for) but I don't really see Max with anyone but Web. They've had great synergy this game. In addition Max makes a poor convert because of their unconvertable claims.

NJW is possible. He caught Jim on D2 but that doesn't prove he isn't Cult. I think him not claiming any inspection today and saying there's a restriction is interesting. This makes me feel good about NJW because he could just lie and say he got a town result on someone to look good. Still has a hate boner for Web. In addition NJW makes a good convert target because of their inspect credibility and lack of unconvertable claims.

Jack is possible. They've been very open recently which I like. I think I agree that I don't really see them as a Cult Leader. I think Jack could be one of the Cult though. In addition Jack makes a poor convert target due to their unconvertable claims.

Toaster is possible. I think they're very likely to be Cult. I think there's a good chance Toaster is a Cult Leader with his convert being Jack or NJW. Web makes a good point that I couldn't tell you a single thing about Toaster. In addition Toaster makes an okay convert target due to their lack of unconvertable claim.

In my mind the remaining two Cult are (Leader first):

Max/Web - unlikely
Toaster/Jack - possible
Toaster/NJW - likely
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 88