Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29454 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (9 / 11) - Day 3 - Game of Clones
« Reply #855 on: May 18, 2023, 12:16:48 am »

I'd be a GREAT cult recruit! I got a gun and can protect you guys! We can totally troll town! You'll be safe, since I'll get eliminated next turn!
Pick ME!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 18, 2023, 12:19:21 am »

Maximum Spin

Hey Egan, let's see if you can win!

No.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 18, 2023, 02:07:45 am »

Maximum Spin

Hey Egan, let's see if you can win!
It won't even work.

Fallacy *really* decided fuck us two in particular.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 18, 2023, 02:26:06 am »

Pfp

My role is Primordial Jelly, I can gunk people up with slime and I can automatically bounce low level negative stuff off me.  Apparently that included Egan's auto inspect. I have never had any firefly role.

I've missed the last 20 hours of the game and I've just had laser eye surgery and shouldn't be on screens too much so I'm not reading back rn... have we found the teams yet?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 18, 2023, 04:36:11 am »

On the rifle front - yep, I have received another gun. I didn’t feel the need to mention it until I knew what web and max were focused on. But people paying attention should already know I have a gun because of D2.

If anyone  feels like lowering webs numbers a great deal tonight, I’m probably down.

So, why is Hammering in these 72 hour long days such a bad thing?

Seems to me, we only really do anything in the first 24 hours, and maybe the final 6 hours.  The rest is wasted filler, where sometimes Town talks itself out of eliminating confirmed scum.  Well, Fallacy did say it'd be horrible.
Play to win by your wincon. And no, we can use today to actually scumhunt, whether it’s mechanical or tone based. I’ve been going through D1 and D2, because relying on mechanical in games like this is usually a pointless nightmare.

I  think anyone who can counterclaim primordialjelly probably should. Otherwise… huh. NQT still doesn’t look good.

Pfp.

One wheel short of a wagon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 18, 2023, 06:26:23 am »

If anyone  feels like lowering webs numbers a great deal tonight, I’m probably down.
I'll take things a totally Town person would say.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 18, 2023, 06:39:05 am »

Also, Egan claimed NQT had the Frefly Autos during Night 1 and NQT has yet to dispute that.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 18, 2023, 06:42:33 am »

Also, Egan claimed NQT had the Frefly Autos during Night 1 and NQT has yet to dispute that.
Wrong.
Pfp

My role is Primordial Jelly, I can gunk people up with slime and I can automatically bounce low level negative stuff off me.  Apparently that included Egan's auto inspect. I have never had any firefly role.

I've missed the last 20 hours of the game and I've just had laser eye surgery and shouldn't be on screens too much so I'm not reading back rn... have we found the teams yet?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 18, 2023, 06:52:29 am »

I gave Max a red rifle. No one else should have a red rifle.
Anyone targeting me would have hit someone else.
How can you tell me this isn't like your Devil role when you want another player dead to win? Pretty sure you wanted to kill Knightwing in that game.
That's actually fair, but that's the only similarity. It's not a repeat of that role or anything. Besides, in that one I was neutral and had to lynch (specifically) Knightwing OR survive. In this one I'm town but I have to win as town AND kill (any way, but it has to be complete) Egan.
Toony, is it specifically a Red Rifle? Or something else, cause if so you got redirected onto me, yet also tried to give me one. That's 2/4, you and whoever caused that vector to fail? (Or you either got that info from your hat, or can't give more than 1.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 18, 2023, 06:54:32 am »

I suppose I never did my full claim, which is that I tracked notquitethere.  I also targeted ToonyMan, Max, and Toaster with that track, as well, but they either did not target anyone or have not eaten a Hot Dog.

I also gave a Hot Dog to Egan_BW and NJW2000.

notquitethere targeted Egan_BW.
... Yeah, that was undoubtedly a Kill Egan Now. (Unless it was a poisonous hot dog.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 18, 2023, 06:59:06 am »

Initial thoughts:

I feel Web is the least likely to be Cult here, they were on death's door against NQT D1 and even though they both switched to Knightwing I feel like only one of them is scum. They've also been very open unlike some people. In addition, Web makes a poor convert because of their neardeath D1 and unconvertable claims.

Max is maybe possible. I think they're less likely because of the D1 boon thing (which I remember NQT chiding me for) but I don't really see Max with anyone but Web. They've had great synergy this game. In addition Max makes a poor convert because of their unconvertable claims.

NJW is possible. He caught Jim on D2 but that doesn't prove he isn't Cult. I think him not claiming any inspection today and saying there's a restriction is interesting. This makes me feel good about NJW because he could just lie and say he got a town result on someone to look good. Still has a hate boner for Web. In addition NJW makes a good convert target because of their inspect credibility and lack of unconvertable claims.

Jack is possible. They've been very open recently which I like. I think I agree that I don't really see them as a Cult Leader. I think Jack could be one of the Cult though. In addition Jack makes a poor convert target due to their unconvertable claims.

Toaster is possible. I think they're very likely to be Cult. I think there's a good chance Toaster is a Cult Leader with his convert being Jack or NJW. Web makes a good point that I couldn't tell you a single thing about Toaster. In addition Toaster makes an okay convert target due to their lack of unconvertable claim.

In my mind the remaining two Cult are (Leader first):

Max/Web - unlikely
Toaster/Jack - possible
Toaster/NJW - likely
Toaster being the leader is exceedingly unlikely. They haven't really had anyone ... I guess on their side. It's entirely possible the Mason+Uncovertible+Miller is the result of a Pre-Day 1 action, or a Day 1 Action. Which would bump Max up far higher on the scale of possibilities...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #866 on: May 18, 2023, 07:10:59 am »

Nah it's not Jim.  We're Masons.

I am indeed Masons with webadict, and therefore nonconvertible, which is a great kind of townie but a less desirable automobile.

Makes sense. I guess if Jim's scum then he's mafia with Wuba. Since wuba claimed miller-mason.
I know webadict was lying about being masons with Jim, because I am masons with both web and Jim separately.

I am indeed Masons with Maximum Spin, and therefore nonconvertible, which is a great kind of townie but a less desirable automobile.

God this is gonna be funny when the game ends and everything I claimed is true.

Do I want to say this is town webadict? Kind of.

But this is obviously town webadict since he and I are masons.

At a meta guess, Jim is Cult, Toony is Cult. Jim is being quite audacious in their actions, which isn't normal unless he's playing up the meme so we don't look too deeply into his actions once he actually starts playing. Toony is Cult because Hats.

These are bad reads.

If 6 players hammered Max, given the generally more cautious nature of scum, we might expect 4+ town players to get a boon. Depending on how potent a boon is, that could be a very good thing. I'm going to see how Max acts for the rest of the day, but if there is going to be a Max elimination then I'll be in on it.

:\

I feel like you're responsible for doing this to Max and are talking up its benefits to convince people to vote him.

Tell me what the boons do so that I know it's worth my while to vote Max (not that I will though).

Egan_BW and EuchreJack are probably town. I lean town on TricMagic. Knightwing64 should do something substantive instead of complaining about Jimnosis.

Jimnosis.

notquitethere, Toaster, and NJW2000 are kind of weird.

ToonyMan and webadict and Maximum Spin are fine. Either of them could easily be town or the cult leader since they would be currently unteamed and motivated to find other cult. My gut wants to say that Max and webadict are likelier to be town though.

Search function. In order of line breaks. Why did Jim so readily agree to being Masons with Max/Webadict? (I was right that Jim was Cult.) NQT did in fact have boons to give Night 1, and so got (stealth?) converted. And Jim's gut says Max/Webadict are likely to be town while at the same time saying they want to find other Cult. My question is thus, would it be possible for Jim to communicate with web/max/toony? (And it's likely that it's within these 3.)

My strategy as Cult is solo, stick around, be helpful, find cult, and vote them out. Jim's appeared to be leaning into his role. Max/Webadict are totally the type to take advantage of a chat to claim Masons/Miller. Draws investigation off of them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 18, 2023, 07:20:40 am »

From a skim, Toony cannot be Cult with Webadict/Max, I'm fairly sure web would have died Day 1 if that was the case.
Rigged Game

As such, with no realy Jack supportter coming out of the woodwork, would have to put forth Max/Web

If it's any consolation Web, I can't have you living to tonight if you are Cult. I can revive you. I cannot revive anyone if you block me. (It's also good to see what those Dogs do before I take a bite of them.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 18, 2023, 07:24:13 am »

Wrong.
Pfp

Sorry, when I say dispute, I suppose I meant more "You have no proof other than you say it isn't."  You aren't exactly trustworthy, and I have no reason to believe you.  Plus, you're still voting Egan like someone that doesn't care who they vote as long as it isn't you.

@Tric, omfg, I'm the least likely to be Cult, let alone Cult Leader.  Egan had me unable to target lr be targeted on N1, why are you always like this?  My Actions are basically confirmed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 18, 2023, 07:29:59 am »

Imagine for a moment the actual hypothetical world where ToonyMan is cult, and N1 he tries to convert web or Jim, and web is unconvertible and in a computer box or Jim is already a cult, so N2 he tries converting me, and gets Jack and NJW2000 as his team instead.
Sounds like a sweet deal. 8)
Indeed. It's be highly preferable to this mess.

Anyways, Town may have enough firepower to kill Cult in the Night phase, otherwise anyone that isn't recruited loses.
In that case, we should lynch town, 2 townies get recruited by two cult leaders, and more players win than lose.

Winners get to gloat.

Except Egan and Max. Hahaha!!
And since Egan & Max are already going to lose, skip those two.  :P
Oh most certainly. NQT is not going to survive another night. (And if we end up dead, Max is most certainly Cult. Cause someone has been targeting me.) ... In order for Night 1 results to read the other way and NQT wasn't the Firefly Queen, a redirection would have had to be used. Max can bus people. Web never really tried to push this. (NQT, vote Webadict. Sure you die, but eh.)

For record, I'm going to be shooting NQT and Max. If someone else got pinged, one of those shots got redirected.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 88