Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29712 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (9 / 11) - Day 3 - Game of Clones
« Reply #915 on: May 18, 2023, 12:34:46 pm »

Please stop posting a million times a second, I'm still trying to catch up and just got out of work.

I'm very ok with an NQT elim, not just because of the claimed inspect and more because of shit like this:

Time to finish the job on Egan. The cult theme seems to be cultists who can come back. I think we must have had exactly 2 cult leaders, Jim and Egan. I've got more reasons around this to unpack in a bit.

I genuinely think he was town D1 still, but got converted at/by day end, and is claiming Jim's knight action and role. I'm guessing Jim had some kind of day-recruit, or end of day thing... or NQT's just worked it out. So he is the goo role, because Jim was the goo role. Sorry if other people saw that instantly, I honestly have been very busy and sleep deprived.

PPE: yep, Max saw this... it really took people a while. Huh.

It would explain why I got the extra 1AP for "doing something funny", too. That's how you get extra AP from lol, lmao: if Fallacy thinks you caused something funny with your night action, you get +1 for the next night once per night. Which I did. Definitely sounds like causing someone to unexpectedly recruit two seemingly random players for the price of one would be something Fallacy finds funny.
Seriously, I don't get why FoU does stuff this. Like, "I found that funny" as a mechanic is deeply subjective and stupid, and makes the game less interesting because night actions are just random unpredictable chaos that don't matter except when they do.

This is getting me riled up because last time I expended effort on an FoU game, it did not feel good.

If this is true, I think Tric is town, so let's park things on Webadict, Webadict. Feels good to vote him.

Excellent evidence that Web is town
Yep, that's exactly how voting in a multiball works!

Your posts are suspect, unfunny and deeply uninspired. Right now, the only thing making me ignore the possibility that you're cult leader is good players saying that you often play this way. Don't push my credulity too far, please.

If anyone  feels like lowering webs numbers a great deal tonight, I’m probably down.
I'll take things a totally Town person would say.
Yeah, feel free to start this again. Also look, NQT voted you! Time to tell them they're an idiot and ask like three people to vote them in consecutive posts! Make my life easy, I'm honestly struggling.

Here's the thing, Web. We need to find the remaining cult leader. Best evidence available here is D1 tone, claims and votes, because there's no mechanical speculation or converted people acting scummy. D1, there was probably a lone cult leader, or if there was a non-lone cult leader, it was almost definitely you or Max, given his killing Knightwing over you.

My read on you was pretty firm by the end of D1. Maybe that can change. Was your end-of-D1 play anything other than highly dubious, frantic self-preservation? And who else acted noticeably scummy D1, other than Jim or NQT, on D1? Did you have other scumreads then, and have you bothered to look?

I'm giving you a chance to convince me here, because otherwise yes, I do have guns, and yes, I do intend to kill you ASAP.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 18, 2023, 12:49:01 pm »

Telling me to copy the Godfather ability seems a little risky for a scum-wuba to do, right?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 18, 2023, 12:58:51 pm »

You play really poorly when you're scum, NJW, it's rather unsightly and you should consider improving it through a series of training montages and copious amounts of buying Hot Dogs.

I think it is unfortunate because all you have to do is literally nothing and you can coast through the game because most people have written you off as scum, but are currently stuck on how we go about stopping threats that we don't understand using tools that barely function in an environment made of recycled asbetos.

Feel free to shoot me because you can't argue that I'm actually scum, and all it really proves is that your ability to convince others is woefully lacking.  That is why I'm corralling a wild TricMagic bull and you are forced to threaten to kill me while pretending that NQT isn't a threat and is all at the same time.

Because you can't do anything else.

Because you are scum.

Telling me to copy the Godfather ability seems a little risky for a scum-wuba to do, right?
You have to realize NJW2000 has nothing better than to pretend I am both omnipotently powerful and yet easily caught as scum.  NJW2000 has claimed nothing except one inspect.  They do not plan to participate in scumhunting because that is for the lowly Town to do.

They are scum, and will do nothing else because Cults are a trash mechanic.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 18, 2023, 01:33:23 pm »

So... you're not going to  try to solve the game. You're going to spam the thread with declarations that people should kill you because the game is too tiring, and you're going to post walls of insults when anyone accuses you of anything or asks you what your reads are.

Here's the thing, webby. I do scumhunt. I've already caught cult, and eliminated them D2. What have you done?

Caught NQT? Nope, that was basically just Egan's inspect and NQT being extremely obvious.
Caught Jim? No, that was... oh, me.
Caught Knightwing? Yep, great job there.

You want to know why I'm not looking around for a cult leader to pressure? It's because I've found one.

So yeah, keep telling people that I suck at playing and that everyone thinks that I'm scum, rather than talking about actual reads based on actually reading the game. Keep complaining about how hard your life is, when you're the one who chooses to be 50% of the thread rather than touch grass. Because that's just what scum!web does. You tire people out with spam and yelling at them that they're bad, because ultimately, that's how you win.

Notice how I'm describing things you have actually done, and explaining why they make you scum? All I'm asking you to do is that. It's not hard, you just don't want to do it, because that's not the path to victory you've chosen.

Also, I'm not pretending NQT isn't a threat, stop posting visible lies. I'm advocating for killing them, and then you.

You have to realize NJW2000 has nothing better than to pretend I am both omnipotently powerful and yet easily caught as scum.  NJW2000 has claimed nothing except one inspect.  They do not plan to participate in scumhunting because that is for the lowly Town to do.

They are scum, and will do nothing else because Cults are a trash mechanic.
You're back to quoting random people and telling them in one-to-one non-sequiturs that they have to believe you. That's not something you do as town. That's not something anyone does as town. Town players pressure people, and present cases on them. They don't just chase individuals and yell their ideas at them in the hope of building a consensus.

Not much I can do if people can't see this for what it is, but I suspect they will. You seem genuinely worried again, and that's probably a good sign.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 18, 2023, 01:37:32 pm »

Who are you voting for, NJW?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 18, 2023, 01:39:30 pm »

This is something a mafia webadict would say. And a town webadict would say. You pretty much ruined any chance of me trusting you with your miller + unconvertable claim. Also Godfathers inspect as Town, not Mafia. It doesn't matter it you laugh it off and say it's a joke, Max went along with it. And Knightwing died due to your vote, Jim lived to possess NQT, and there are 3 cultists.

Also... Blocking me is anti-town in the first place. (You can believe me or not, but I've consistently gathered a lot of info, and this is likely the last night I can do so.)

... Web, just track me tonight. I'll forgo the gun since I'm not going to shoot when there is no info to shoot upon, and would suggest others also abstain. I'll pop two Analysis and confirm them as town or Cult. The other two aren't really of any use otherwise at their lowest level, so this will just be 4 AP. (More specifically, it takes 800 cats to get the full reveal effect.)

I still don't trust you. But if people go for a No-Info lynch, I don't have much else choice do I?

ninja NJW.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 18, 2023, 01:42:34 pm »

Web, the only corralling you're doing is forcing me to do actions for the good of town. By pushing for a no-info lynch at that. Trust is a fundamental currency in mafia games, and you spent all of it early on with no clue how you were spending it. And now you find your "joke" has run too far and try to dismiss it to someone who takes things far too literally..

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 18, 2023, 01:45:30 pm »

Seriously, I don't get why FoU does stuff this. Like, "I found that funny" as a mechanic is deeply subjective and stupid, and makes the game less interesting because night actions are just random unpredictable chaos that don't matter except when they do.

This is getting me riled up because last time I expended effort on an FoU game, it did not feel good.
Being completely honest, I'm not sure it has ever felt good. I guess FaBeByor was my fault for wanting to Win More and not having Roden bus me to make Jim look bad. That was probably the best role I've had in a Fallacy game. Interminable Mafia 3: Over And Over Again was also more or less fine, but not balanced at all, and I think I came in after the worst one.
Ultimately, I think he needs to try less hard to be madcap.

I didn't read the rest of the thread yet, but I saw this:
You're back to quoting random people and telling them in one-to-one non-sequiturs that they have to believe you. That's not something you do as town.
Bro yes it is, I have had so many fights with him over this before he mostly stopped doing it to me. I think he only stopped doing ti to me because we agree on most reads now.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 18, 2023, 01:46:57 pm »

Who are you voting for, NJW?
NQT at end of day if necessary, I said this. I don’t know how far off hammer we are so presently, nobody.

Feel free to get the last word in and explain how me not voting NQT makes me scum or whatever. I have people to see, and I simply do not have time to post as much as you.

@Max… hmm. Web has been scum a lot against me, but I’ll check some old games to see if that’s true. Even if it is…

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 18, 2023, 01:47:19 pm »

Also, for the record. NJW isn't in scum lean right now, for me anyway. Can't read them, but that's a lot better than a gut feeling they're scum.

I'm fully able to believe Jack is scum though, if only cause of conversion. If you've got a lurker tracker on their posts this game?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 18, 2023, 01:50:30 pm »

I'm not scum, but I can see why people want to trust Egan the Immortal over me. I think people voting me need to explain why they're doing it for the town wincon and not their cult wincon, because if I were the last Jim cult team member then I am the one person cult want to kill.

Who is on my wagon right now? Because that's where you will find cult.

Tric and NJW are clearly lock town, no two ways about it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 18, 2023, 01:51:27 pm »

@Max… hmm. Web has been scum a lot against me, but I’ll check some old games to see if that’s true. Even if it is…
I think the best example of such a fight was Traitors. Also I'm not just picking that one because I was right that time.

NJW, if you insist on shooting webadict I'm going to have to put you in the box too. I would MUCH RATHER put EuchreJack in the box. Well, I guess Egan can put at least one player in a box too, so we can cover everyone with a gun.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 18, 2023, 01:56:16 pm »

Tric, you are so obviously in Tric-mode it hurts, so I'm gonna legit ask you to stop doing the thing you do when you decide to fuck over the entire Town for no discernable reason.

Remember your role FoU gave you where you were a Fairy Godfather?  Seems pretty sus, doesn't it.  Weird roles and abilities happen, and I'm legit telling the truth.

Ask Egan for what my Hot Dogs do.  They give purely beneficial effects that allow me to target people.  Ask FoU what a Hot Dog does.  Goddamn, dude, the info is there and you refuse to see it.

I never blocked you once.  In fact, my Action last Night was intended to stop four people from being able to target you.  I have literally never blocked a single person this game because I got Jailed by Egan N1, and I used my 1-shot last Night.  Why do you think I want to or have ever blocked you?

I cannot track you because my 1-Shot was my track, and most of my power is in my Hot Dogs and people using them, which nobody wants to do because it's a really shitty mechanic to have people pay for a Hot Dog using currency people don't understand the worth of and then make half of my Abilities rely on people having a Hot Dog or using one.

You do not need to trust me, but you can fucking trust Egan, so start listening to them every once in a while.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 18, 2023, 02:02:09 pm »

... I've made my stance on a NQT lynch pretty clear.

Also, you are not helping Max. Sticking me in a box will just make me hyperfocused on you. Why do you even have a box.

Webadict, if you stopped people from targeting me, why do I have a gun? Why did 4 people visit me last night if no one could target me. These ears don't lie.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 18, 2023, 02:09:11 pm »

Being completely honest, I'm not sure it has ever felt good. I guess FaBeByor was my fault for wanting to Win More and not having Roden bus me to make Jim look bad. That was probably the best role I've had in a Fallacy game. Interminable Mafia 3: Over And Over Again was also more or less fine, but not balanced at all, and I think I came in after the worst one.
Ultimately, I think he needs to try less hard to be madcap.
I agree with this.  He makes Roles that fit themes, but they feel hampered in ways that don't feel good because the potential that they could be powerful exists as long as Neptune aligns with Jupiter on Friday the 13th.  It costs me 2 AP to give away my strongest Hot Dog, but then I can't do anything else in my role, so I have to commit to doing nothing if I want to use my strongest Hot Dog, which is why I don't.

... I've made my stance on a NQT lynch pretty clear.

Also, you are not helping Max. Sticking me in a box will just make me hyperfocused on you. Why do you even have a box.

Webadict, if you stopped people from targeting me, why do I have a gun? Why did 4 people visit me last night if no one could target me. These ears don't lie.
Two reasons:  1) It only works on people that eat Hot Dogs because my role sucks.  And 2)  I misread that it only works if they eat my strongest Hot Dog, which means it was never happening anyway because the strongest Hot Dogs need to be EATEN TO WORK.  Each type of Hot Dog makes the Ability do something different.

So, I'm a glorified Roleblocker/Watcher at best.  I cannot do anything other than that, and with Cults, trying to do anything more fucks me over more than it could ever help me.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 88