Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29745 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (9 / 11) - Day 3 - Game of Clones
« Reply #960 on: May 18, 2023, 06:14:36 pm »

Egan, please put Jack in the box tonight where he will be safe.

... lol, jack in the box

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 18, 2023, 06:27:04 pm »

... lol, jack in the box
Ok, that is funny

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: May 18, 2023, 06:28:01 pm »

My beloved players. Have you ever considered just how much vote counts help a game flow?

Maybe you have, heh.

Here's one now.

Quote from: Votebox
Egan_BW (0):
EuchreJack (0):
Maximum Spin (1): TricMagic
notquitethere (3): webadict, EuchreJack, Egan_BW
NJW2000 (1): Maximum Spin
Toaster (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
webadict (2): notquitethere, notquitethere

No Execution (0):

6 votes hammers.

Not Voting (3): NJW2000, Toaster, ToonyMan

Currently, if the Day ends, notquitethere will be executed. This is relevant because the Day ends in approximately six hours and thirty minutes.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 18, 2023, 06:34:36 pm »

... lol, jack in the box
My fragment which could box people is dead and unrevivable.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: May 18, 2023, 06:36:13 pm »

... lol, jack in the box
My fragment which could box people is dead and unrevivable.
Well, the part of me that would die for a good joke is sad.

But that probably increases my chances of winning.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: May 18, 2023, 06:39:45 pm »

All I can do is speculate.  Something's wrong here, and I'm probably not going to figure it all out, but I'm just gonna postulate.

I'm gonna make the assumptions that Jim Groovester definitely Recruited NQT Day/Night 1.  Why?  Not sure.  Doesn't matter.
I think that NQT used a superkill because he thought he would be Roleblocked by me Night 2.  He seems to think Egan_BW was some type of Cult Leader?  Not entirely sure.  Also not sure why he didn't kill me.  NQT is the weirdest part of this game.

Hypothesis time.

Hypothesis:  NJW2000 started as a Cult Leader.

It's entirely possible that NJW was a Cult Leader Day 1 and attempted to Recruit Jim Night 1, but because he was Cult, it failed.
Night 2, NJW2000 attempts to recruit Maximum Spin, but is bussed into himself and EuchreJack.  I am not sure that EuchreJack was Recruited on a previous Night.

This means there are 3 Cult Players (I can't get TricMagic to ask about my passive, so this is just a guess.  It may not be possible.)

Hypothesis:  Toaster started as a Cult Leader.

Toaster started as a Cult Leader, and was unable to Recruit Night 1.  Why?  Was I targeted by Toaster Night 1?
Night 2, Toaster attempts to recruit Maximum Spin, but is bussed into NJW2000 and EuchreJack.

This means there are 4 Cult Players.

Hypothesis:  Maximum Spin started as a Cult Leader.

Maximum Spin is lying about a number of things, so this is not entirely out of the realm of possibility.
Maximum Spin was somehow able to double target his recruiting on Night 2, OR the Recruiting was staggered, and there's just a lot of lying happening.  There's not a lot to think about on this one, because it's really just about thinking if everyone else is telling the truth.

This means there are 4 Cult Players.

I don't really see any other possible hypotheses.  Suspecting ToonyMan requires me to believe that Toony and Max are on a team, which is not possible if I believe that NJW2000 and EuchreJack are both Cult  (Though, this is a workable solution if only one of them is Cult, which is proooobably NJW2000, somehow.)  And in that particular case, it doesn't really matter, since my chances to win are too low.  So, even if that is the truth, I have to ignore it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: May 18, 2023, 06:47:27 pm »

See, this is why I want to be recruited. So I don't have to be offended when people accuse me of being cult.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: May 18, 2023, 06:48:13 pm »

See, this is why I want to be recruited. So I don't have to be offended when people accuse me of being cult.
People wouldn't accuse you of being Cult if you didn't act like you were Recruited.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: May 18, 2023, 06:57:31 pm »

People wouldn't accuse you of being Cult if you didn't act like you were Recruited.
You have no Fucking clue how I would act if I was recruited.
Which is strange, since you modded a game with alignment conversions

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: May 18, 2023, 07:03:52 pm »

Oh btw I decided to buy a hot dog today, spending the HP of my dead fragment because it's free.

Sometimes web has been asking me to tell people what the hot dog does. When I received one Fal didn't actually tell me lol, which leads me to assume I'm supposed to just read it based on the start of day 1 info box.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: May 18, 2023, 07:10:19 pm »

I guess I can help Town, so I am a more valuable Cult Recruit.

My Persons of Interest are Toaster, NJW2000, and Maximum Spin.
NJW2000 isn't too important since he's probably the Recruit instead of the Cult Leader. As I have said multiple times, Cult should let the opposing Cult grow a tiny bit, especially if they have figured out who is the opposing Cult Leader. So NJW probably wasn't Cult on Day 1 because he outed Jim.
... always kill the Cult Leader. The Recruits are a consolation prize at best

My going crazy and voting Maximum Spin was only 90% selfish pouting. I also wanted to see if Cult would jump on it. But they didn't, which I find suspicious. Not even NQT wanted to vote Max, and he's been willing to vote literally anyone that ain't him.
Other than that, Max is a talented player.

I'm starting to think Toaster is just Useless Town, but could totally be a Cult Leader. I might be overestimating Toaster's abilities.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: May 18, 2023, 07:13:57 pm »

Sometimes web has been asking me to tell people what the hot dog does. When I received one Fal didn't actually tell me lol, which leads me to assume I'm supposed to just read it based on the start of day 1 info box.

Bought one, also wasn't told.  Web, maybe that'll help you read me now that I've got that PenguDog.  I'll even tell you I spent purple on it.

All you get is my gut because I've only got brief moments of time, but no one ever justified a case on Jack despite it being brought up repeatedly.  I can get behind the NJW cult EXCEPT him as leader makes no sense... except in the case he attempted and failed to recruit Jim N1, and claimed it as an inspect.  Recruit!NJW!GotATrueInspect would be happy to throw Jim into the blender since there's no world where they are on the same cult.  That means..... probably Max?

Also Notquitethere for certainty.

I'm starting to think Toaster is just Useless Town, but could totally be a Cult Leader. I might be overestimating Toaster's abilities.

I've been pretty useless this game, so that's a fair cop.  I've never claimed to be good town and I don't have the time or focus right now to give this game what it deserves.

Don't bother recruiting me tonight because I can't be recruited.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: May 18, 2023, 07:18:19 pm »

...Fallacy's Horrible Cults deserves time and focus?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: May 18, 2023, 07:19:09 pm »

Don't bother recruiting me tonight because I can't be recruited.

I can be recruited and feel free I'll just start playing really badly because town should win.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: May 18, 2023, 07:24:52 pm »

Also what if Tric's count is wrong because someone is third party?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 88