Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29833 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (7 / 11) - Day 5 - Roundabout Gravestyle
« Reply #1230 on: May 25, 2023, 09:39:11 pm »

@Toaster:  Last Night, it appears that Egan_AW and EuchreJack all targeted me based on their Karma loss.  However, neither of them seem to think that they did so.  This appears genuine, unless both of them are Cult, which is not realistic in the slightest.  I won't bother thinking that.

I performed two Actions:
I protected TricMagic from Busses, Redirects, Point loss, and Kills.  I do not believe that this was redirected due to paradox resolution.
I judged EuchreJack's sins, seeing if he performed any Actions that converted, killed, or caused point loss, and if he did, he loses X Karma and I learn all of those Actions.  I received that my target performed no such Actions, which is definitely not true.  I believe that this probably targeted myself, but I have no proof of this.

If I had to guess, all Players (or at least most Players) were redirected to me (except TricMagic, due to my Protect).  I lost (Ooops, I've been writing 4, but I actually only lost) 3 Red points last Night, and the only way that happens is someone else has a gun that shoots Red points.  I don't believe that is possible that Jack shot me, since he ate one of my Hot Dogs.  This means that I 100% was shot by NJW2000, so I know that Max's Action did not occur.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 25, 2023, 09:42:20 pm »

Toaster, could you explain how the inspect works?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 25, 2023, 09:43:18 pm »

Oh, and Tric was also immune to conversions, so I don't think Tric was converted.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 25, 2023, 10:10:37 pm »

Basically, my assumption is the following:

Knightwing is not Cult, confirmed.  I think Knightwing being scum is nearly impossible, and if Knightwing is scum, whatever, he can win.
TricMagic is the least likeliest Cult Member.  I am almost positive that he had no chance to be recruited, and he's been gunning down Cult members left and right.  Also, revived Knightwing, soooo.
Egan_BW is also very unlikely to be a Cult Member, since they've been pretty open about what they're doing.  It's definitely a possibility, but it requires that I just stop thinking, and I don't think I can.
EuchreJack is likely to have targeted me last Night, which is a very stupid thing that he acknowledged himself, so I'm not willing to believe that he's scum.  If EuchreJack is any type of scum, he's some type of soloscum, but idk.  Personally, he's my third possible suspect, and the highest chance to be scum among these 4.

I believe that is incredibly unlikely that any of those four are scum (other than EuchreJack).
Toaster had hard to identify information, and requires more information.  Additionally, he says he was able to mark Max, but his Inspection failed.
Max is very, very, very suspicious.  I don't see how he can have NJW2000's inspection Ability, and there's a lot of oddities in Max's play.

Max was not affected by the redirect.  We know this because he claims to have gotten the inspect from NJW2000, which is pretty sketchy.  However, Max apparently inspected as Town.
Toaster's Actions are very generic and match with the redirect and bussing theme.

Personally, I believe that BOTH Max and Toaster are scum.  This requires that I believe that Max has an alignment cover, which seems possible, but I can't be sure about that.  Additionally, the bussing and redirect appears to be very inline with Toaster, and the inspection stuff is kinda whack yo.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 25, 2023, 10:13:25 pm »

Also, if everyone alive (or dead, Cultists, you're allowed to pray to me, too) could pray to me, I'd be very thankful.

I'm willing to give Hot Dogs to anyone that wants one, but note that there's a serial Redirector/Busser going on, and I can only protect against some of it.

And now, for sleep.  Don't hammer me until I give out Hot Dogs.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 25, 2023, 10:55:21 pm »

This means that I 100% was shot by NJW2000, so I know that Max's Action did not occur.
As the guns are not high-AP, I would not have affected them. I only redirect the highest AP action. Because, as usual, fuck me in particular, so nothing actually helpful redirects.

I haven't read the thread fully yet.

Also, if everyone alive (or dead, Cultists, you're allowed to pray to me, too) could pray to me, I'd be very thankful.
This is a better way to ask me.
Praise the webadict and pass the ammunition.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 26, 2023, 12:37:54 am »

Toaster, could you explain how the inspect works?

The only inspect I thought I had was copying NQT's.  After I tried to use it Fallacy informed me I couldn't actually use it.

I tried to pray to Wuba but not sure it counted so sure this is a WUBAPRAYER
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 26, 2023, 06:44:09 am »

This means that I 100% was shot by NJW2000, so I know that Max's Action did not occur.
As the guns are not high-AP, I would not have affected them. I only redirect the highest AP action. Because, as usual, fuck me in particular, so nothing actually helpful redirects.

I haven't read the thread fully yet.
Someone used an Ability to redirect to me, because Egan and Euchre both have Karma loss equal to the punishment of targeting me which isn't caused by the effects of Karma normally.  It's why I trust Egan, Euchre, and Tric did what they claim they did.  Toaster has the potential to be telling the truth, but Max is still quite suspicious.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 26, 2023, 07:51:09 am »

Alright, here's my suggested plan:

Vote out Max. Have EuchreJack be second most votes to gain Karma.  Tomorrow, EuchreJack asks about Purple numbers (Still not sure what the do, but they seem important.)

I feed TricMagic a Hot Dog plus anyone else except Knightwing and Max.  My suggestion is TricMagic, Toaster (I gain bonuses for targeting him with a Hot Dog), and Egan_AW (or EuchreJack, idc) again.  During the Night, I check Toaster's sins (Again, checking for Conversions, Kills, and Point Loss.)  Knightwing Spiderbots me.  TricMagic investigates whoever.

Tomorrow, if Toaster is sinful, I can Daykill him, and then I detonate the Spiderbot, and if I refuse to, vote me out.

Should the game continue from that point, vote out EuchreJack.

Anyone wanna submit a counterplan or see a hole I failed to cover?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 26, 2023, 07:58:04 am »

My suggestion is vote out Toaster instead. If we can't trust my inspect, then the whole thing falls apart and webadict did manage to get converted. Or self-converted and he's actually been some form of cult starter this whole time, but at that point we might as well just vote out webadict.

Toaster, the argument you should be making is that this was me starting up my endgame master plan. Revive knightwing as my cultist, then have them start acting at night to plant the bombs while we hunt down the likeliest targets to be the last cult. That could have still happened without my knowledge in fact. Why distrust the result and not the motive?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 26, 2023, 07:59:53 am »

yawn, I have nothing to add. I hoped that KW would be on to something, that would be entertaining.
Gate of Dreams when?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 26, 2023, 08:23:20 am »

My suggestion is vote out Toaster instead. If we can't trust my inspect, then the whole thing falls apart and webadict did manage to get converted. Or self-converted and he's actually been some form of cult starter this whole time, but at that point we might as well just vote out webadict.

Toaster, the argument you should be making is that this was me starting up my endgame master plan. Revive knightwing as my cultist, then have them start acting at night to plant the bombs while we hunt down the likeliest targets to be the last cult. That could have still happened without my knowledge in fact. Why distrust the result and not the motive?

I can't believe that I am going to say this, but I agree with Tric

Max inspecting as Town isn't something that I would expect from a cult convert. I would think a cult convert would inspect as Cult.
That means Max is at worst third-party.

Since I believe NJW2000 did in fact recruit a second player, I think we need to vote out Toaster.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 26, 2023, 08:25:03 am »

One thing that is bothering me is that nobody else is claiming to have shot NJW2000. I'm unsure if my shot would have been enough to kill NJW, and it's entirely possible, with what We has been saying, that my shot got redirected onto Web.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 26, 2023, 08:25:38 am »

*Web's been saying, damn autocorrect.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 26, 2023, 08:26:12 am »

...So, assuming that Max is town doesn't accept my thing, how are all of you planning to resolve my and max's conflicting win conditions once all scum is dead?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 88