Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 29456 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (7 / 11) - Day 5 - Roundabout Gravestyle
« Reply #1291 on: May 26, 2023, 03:17:53 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Egan_BW (0):
EuchreJack (0):
Knightwing64 (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
Toaster (6): TricMagic, TricMagic, EuchreJack, EuchreJack, webadict, webadict
TricMagic (0):
webadict (2): Knightwing64, Egan_BW

No Execution (0):

6 votes hammers.

Not Voting (2): Maximum Spin, Toaster

Toaster looks at the triple double voters with a glare in his eye.

"I'm not a cultist! I swear!"

He dies.

It seems he wasn't lying, not that he was much better.

Toaster was a Serial Killer.

"You win if all players other than you are dead. You do not have to be alive to accomplish this win condition."

Toaster was Shadow Weaver of the Abyss.

(Innate, Auto) Essence of the Soul’s Abyss: You are beyond mere allegiance. Your alignment and win condition cannot change. You also have 1 additional AP to spend each Night.
{AP2} (Night) Shadow Mirror [target][choice]: You gnaw on your target’s shadow, and mirror their soul. All actions used by your target on you, or a player you’ve used Snatch Shadow on, will have their primary targets redirected to your chosen player. You also gain (Single, 1-Shot) copies of each non-Innate action redirected. The copies cost only 1 AP each if they would cost more than that.
{AP3} (Innate, Single, Night) Shadow Puppet [choice1][choice2]: You tie your chosen puppet to their shadow, and send them to do your bidding. As long as you’ve successfully used Snatch Shadow on your first chosen player, they use Dark Wrath (without paying the AP cost, or being aware of it) to kill your second chosen player. The effects of Snatch Shadow are then dispelled from your first choice, as you’re forced to release the devoured shadow as payment for doing your bidding. If there is only one player other than you left alive, your first and second choices may be the same player.
{AP1} (1-Shot, Night) Shadow Regeneration [self]: You return to your essence. You restore your Lucky Numbers to their original values, remove all Status conditions from yourself, and reset your role to its original state, though without this ability.
(Innate, Auto) Weave Shadow: You chew the shadows of the world, and make of it a dark tapestry. All living or dead players, with the Shadow Mark condition at X-value 3 or greater, are now valid choices for the first choice of Shadow Puppet, and also count as previously having had Snatch Shadow used on them, for the purposes of Shadow Mirror. When a player successfully kills another player using Dark Wrath, they transfer their Shadow Mark status condition to the player they killed. Once per Night, you may use the action of a dead player with Shadow Mark as though it was part of your own role, even if it was expended, as long as the X-value of the Shadow Mark is greater than the AP cost of the action you choose. Whoever is targeted by that action gains Shadow Mark level equal to the amount of AP spent on that action, added onto any Shadow Mark that is already present, if any.
Quote from: Reference
(Reference) {AP3} (Single, 1-Shot, Night) Dark Wrath [target]: You strangle your target to death, killing them.
(Reference) (Status) Shadow Mark: When you die, the player with the role “Shadow Weaver of the Abyss” may make you use one of your non-Innate actions which costs X or less the next Night, even if its shot or shots are expended. No AP cost is paid for this usage.

You stand over the corpse of the last horrible evildoer, and your prison breaks.

Game Over.

Town wins! Maximum Spin technically shouldn't win but if I let Egan retroactively submit a "ignore game mechanic" action, then I'm sure Spin can do the same, and will do the same, too. So yeah, Town wins.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak
« Reply #1292 on: May 26, 2023, 03:19:06 pm »

Good? game, everyone!
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 26, 2023, 03:22:48 pm »

I have a 33 page text document worth of notes. I'm just gonna upload it to a google doc instead of trying to screenshot every bit of it and dump it here.

Here.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (7 / 11) - Day 5 - Roundabout Gravestyle
« Reply #1294 on: May 26, 2023, 03:25:43 pm »

Town wins! Maximum Spin technically shouldn't win but if I let Egan retroactively submit a "ignore game mechanic" action, then I'm sure Spin can do the same, and will do the same, too. So yeah, Town wins.
Didn't I already do that? I swore I sent that in yesterday. Well, assume that I'm sending it in retroactively. :P

Good? game, everyone!
Nah, I hate being a JOAT and I definitely think giving town players extra win conditions is VERY BAD, but overall I'd say it was fine. I enjoyed it.
I'm a little sad I never got the chance to surprise rez, though. My plan if I did was to dip out again with the window ability IMMEDIATELY, posting "The skeleton appears! The skeleton disappears again!". I figured that would be worth another AP for being funny.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 26, 2023, 03:44:31 pm »

Freeeeeeeeedoooooooom!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 26, 2023, 03:52:11 pm »

I like the game mechanics.  I don't like not knowing them or not knowing that you COULD know them.  Unfortunate that Purple existed and didn't do anything really.

Karma was busted, and I am glad I used it for sillies.  I think Cults are bad and should be avoided.  I think if you wanna Cult, give everyone lots of kills.

I can't believe my knowledge of past games was correct for the webadict.  I was sorta also correct on the redirect thing.  Neat!

Also, no scumhunting was truly done this game.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 26, 2023, 03:55:18 pm »

Oh well.

I thought I’d have a chance converting Tric tonight (I could use NJW’s convert but it was weird) but once the double vote legion turned against me there wasn’t much I could do. I never actually killed anyone.

I appreciate that I didn’t have to worry nearly as much about cult shenanigans. I regret that I forgot to mention my vacation ahead of time.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 26, 2023, 03:59:05 pm »

Also, no scumhunting was truly done this game.
I reject this. At d1 end, where Knightwing was confirmed town, my top suspects were Jim, NJW, and Toaster! They all looked shady. Only second-guessing the setup caused me to fail to recognize that they were actually all just individually scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 26, 2023, 03:59:09 pm »

I never actually killed anyone.
You'll never catch a SK that doesn't kill anybody.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 26, 2023, 04:00:02 pm »

Except by process of elimination, apprently.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 26, 2023, 04:03:18 pm »

Tric, the Dragon
Generic Arms Race.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: May 26, 2023, 04:12:04 pm »

Tric, the Dragon
Tric, the Cat in the hat. I was right about Toaster being solo day 1.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 26, 2023, 04:12:43 pm »

I don't know how anybody who is given my role is supposed to win.

NJW2000's cult role doesn't seem very impressive either but it looks a lot more usable than mine.

I feel like if I knew when I signed up that if I rolled cult I would be mercilessly teabagged without recourse I probably would have reconsidered.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 26, 2023, 04:17:51 pm »

Yeah, your role got the short end of the bad design stick. A few tweaks would have made it much more usable. Keeping the vote restriction, but removing the limit on converts, then letting you choose who to reincarnate as and not implicate your cultist, but making it an unreloadable one-shot.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88