Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

DFHack can raise the cap on animals. How many ducks can we handle?

50 (Normal)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 2 (18.2%)
- 0 (0%)
- 5 (45.5%)
- 0 (0%)
Unlimited Duckage
- 4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: May 26, 2019, 07:50:41 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Duck Fortress: Seaside Absurdity - Overseers Wanted! Quack!  (Read 40093 times)

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Duck Fortress: Seaside Absurdity - Overseers Wanted! Quack!
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2020, 02:22:21 am »

Oh, does anyone know how to view the current time? I am certainly unexperienced

nvm I'm blind. I'll start writing...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:24:57 am by IonMatrix »
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2020, 02:40:21 am »

Journal of Overseer IonMatrix, year 11

First of Granite
After a few weeks of travel, I have finally found the great fortress of Town Ukerlanlar, more commonly known as "Wavebirds". It has been rumored this fortress was made just for ducks and duck lovers like myself, oh and what a majestic fort it is. I already have a strong first impression...

I mean, just look at that exceptional road, lined with perfect statues of ducks!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It gets better further down. A gem island dedicated to duck! This fortress definitely lives up to it's name!

Wait, what's this? Some dwarf just rushed me to the duckverseer's office and said he wanted to talk to me. Hopefully it's something good...

Second of Granite
OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING

The duckverseer actually said he wanted me to be his assistant! Me! Yes, you heard that right! THE duckverseer wants ME to be HIS ASSISTANT and HELP him run WAVEBIRDS! I, I really am just OVERWHELMED with excitement! I'll go ask him what he wants me to do, and make sure it isn't a dream on the way...

Seventh of Granite
Phew. Well, quite a lot has happened. Turns out it wasn't a dream, and it took me some days to settle into this position. But, everything has been great so far! Wavebirds definitely holds an exceptional amount of wealth.

So, currently, the priority is to strengthen Wavebirds defenses, as some goblins have been bothering us. Nonsense! Why would these lowly goblins bother our community of duck lovers? Anyway, so, I first asked the duckverseer which was the lever for the main gate, and apparently nobody ever written it down! So, I started looking for it, and then came across this obvious solution. I hope it actually is the one...

Wait, Wait, WAIT. Why the hell wasn't the bridge raised?

Welp, I'll find out later. I'll take a look at the military...
THEY DON'T HAVE ARMOUR? SERIOUSLY?

Hm, we also don't have any sort of traps above ground, as far as I know. That's not a BIG problem, but it's really the only thing I can do. I order the dwarfs to dig out a trapped hallway.

As for the main gate, I will build a temporary lever until the real one can be found. I just hope it works like that...

Eighth of Granite
0_O

EDIT: Why the hell are some of the pictures blurry piece of crap? I did the exact same thing for the other pictures...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 03:32:32 am by IonMatrix »
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 14, 2020, 01:21:06 pm »

Your pictures seem fine to me. .

And your post highlights exactly how little I focused on practical matters during my reign.

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2020, 05:58:19 pm »

Pictures are good for me.
In the duck island one though, I can see 3 ducks corpses !!
Why is that so ? Why are these brave birds laying on the ground? :'(
You should investigate...

Edit : on a non RP way, creatures age, and eventualy die, on the 1st of granite. Thus an old age death spree for new overseers. The "has been missing for 1 week" message confirms that. Our brave ducks are simply passing away of old age, peacefully. After having lived a beautiful quacky life. :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 06:03:51 pm by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2020, 07:00:07 pm »

Edit : on a non RP way, creatures age, and eventualy die, on the 1st of granite. Thus an old age death spree for new overseers. The "has been missing for 1 week" message confirms that. Our brave ducks are simply passing away of old age, peacefully. After having lived a beautiful quacky life. :)
Also OOC: Yep. And most likely corpses are sensibly auto-forbidden to prevent combat corpse recovery cascades, so you need to manually claim them.

applet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2020, 11:28:55 am »

Are we still going? Does the duckverseer need to quack out of retirement and shake things up?
Ledpaddled
Meanwhile in the background, some migrant brought a cat! The first cat in Whisperwhip for a few years now, actually. The local population accidentally died of exploding over the years.

After 3 days, the new cat explodes.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2020, 06:06:39 pm »

I PM'd IonMatrix to see if they're still interested. Otherwise, I'd say we could see a return of the Duckverseer. Crack open that dusty save file!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]