Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 291380 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #1065 on: February 25, 2012, 12:40:17 pm »

I just got a sterling silver shield. That should be good for bashing. I gave it to Asmel, our resident fortress champion, to go along with his artifact gold shortsword.

Fun fact, artifact iron spears can't touch Bronze Colossuses and steel axes mostly dent them but artifact gold shortswords will cut them in half. Even the pommel strikes fractured it.

That doesn't make any sense.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 25, 2012, 01:09:14 pm »

an adamantine whip. gave it to a dorf and he now kills everything.
This is modded right
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 25, 2012, 01:15:07 pm »

Think this is my favorite, Simple, elegant, yet brutally effective.
(Old picture, it got a lot more use, and the wielder got even more kills). I dont remember the killtotal the end.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Zekrim Luststarved the Ugly Juice"

o_O
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 25, 2012, 01:19:33 pm »

an adamantine whip. gave it to a dorf and he now kills everything.
This is modded right

Mooded dwarfs can make ANY item in the game, which is why some dwarfs make thongs and turbans, even though they are considered "foreign"
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 25, 2012, 02:04:24 pm »

I just got a sterling silver shield. That should be good for bashing. I gave it to Asmel, our resident fortress champion, to go along with his artifact gold shortsword.

Fun fact, artifact iron spears can't touch Bronze Colossuses and steel axes mostly dent them but artifact gold shortswords will cut them in half. Even the pommel strikes fractured it.

Not sure why the steel axe doesn't kill them, but iron is pretty much useless against bronze colossi. If I remember correctly, iron is better for weapons, but bronze makes better armor("armor" includes bronze colossus skin) than iron weapons, but makes weapons weaker than iron armor.

Dunno about the gold sword. If anything, it's smashing(not neccessarily cutting) pieces off, since gold is pretty heavy, and thus good for smashing(pommel strikes are smashing attacks as well).

Of course, I'm probably just blowing all this out of my ass, so take it with a grain of salt.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 26, 2012, 04:57:15 am »

My smith just made a silver anvil named Beastthins. It's circled with bands of silver and has a depiction of a Necromancer being appointed general of my civilizations armies in the leather of a freshly slaughtered zombie water buffalo. I live on a volcano on a glacier in a terrifying biome. I'm gonna redesign my forge room sitting on the magma into a temple to Armok with this in a forge at the center of the volcano.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 27, 2012, 03:16:25 pm »

Not sure why the steel axe doesn't kill them, but iron is pretty much useless against bronze colossi. If I remember correctly, iron is better for weapons, but bronze makes better armor("armor" includes bronze colossus skin) than iron weapons, but makes weapons weaker than iron armor.

Dunno about the gold sword. If anything, it's smashing(not neccessarily cutting) pieces off, since gold is pretty heavy, and thus good for smashing(pommel strikes are smashing attacks as well).

Of course, I'm probably just blowing all this out of my ass, so take it with a grain of salt.

Screenies just so you can see what I'm talking about. The combat reports have expired but I recalled the sword lopping off a hand and a lower leg before the finale. The steel axes dented about half the time and fractured the other but 8 pages or so of artifact iron spear hits all glanced off without fail.

Some kills are missing from the middle, they're not important.

That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

BinaryBeast1010011010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 20, 2012, 08:25:14 am »

Nothing impressive, just a chalk bed... named Shislugvathez (muddled virgin), engraved with an image of "edzul lonepaint the dwarf...

I do not have a dirty mind I swear, that's my first artefact in this fortress!
cant stop playing DF?
 : (){ :|:& };:

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 20, 2012, 11:06:55 am »

Er most valueable is adamantine breastplate. It was over a million. I nicknamed the wielder Holistic. My best is in my current fort and its a crown with a list of all the kings of my civ up till now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:58:54 pm by Malarauko »
Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 20, 2012, 01:08:28 pm »

My new Fort created this as the first artefact in the fortress:

Rovod Idathmorul, Blacksmith has created Tomemavuz, a steel statue of Kikrost Handletombs!

This is a steel statue of Kikrost Handletombs. All Craftdwarfship is of the highest quality.
The item is a masterfully designed image of Kikrost Handletombs the dwarf and dwarves in steel by Rovod Idathmorul. Kikrost Handletombs is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Kikrost Handletombs to the position of queen of The Legendary Irons in 101.
It is encircled with bands of steel. This object menaces with spikes of chestnut.

Value: 127200

Currently all my Dwarves have "dined in a legendary dining room" and/or "admired a sublime statue recently".

It's a dirt walled hole in the ground with mismatched no-quality wooden furniture & half a dozen dogs, but it's got a beautiful statue of 'er majesty, you know?

I can work with this.
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 20, 2012, 01:45:17 pm »

Had another iron war hammer.

BinaryBeast1010011010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 20, 2012, 03:49:56 pm »

Oh god and now a perfect lavende jade : declinefences the fissure of loving XD
cant stop playing DF?
 : (){ :|:& };:

quarague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 24, 2012, 06:59:25 am »

I just got a sarcophagus called 'joyous combat', ideal for someone who had a little too much fun.

It was made by a vampire, 'joyous combat' is the only way he thinks he will ever need one. It also depicts how some night creature thing become the queen of my dwarfen civilization.

PS: how does the include image work? Where does it look for the image?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:03:00 am by quarague »
More importantly, ... , making the project pointlessly difficult and requiring greatly overcomplicated means to set up  ...
from Sphalerite

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 24, 2012, 07:06:43 pm »

heh, a coat called 'Armor'

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 24, 2012, 08:38:12 pm »

that's just awesome. It translates to 'Flesh temple' or 'Flesh head'.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 89