Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 418652 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - An Empire to Last 1,000 Years
« Reply #1890 on: May 30, 2010, 11:18:06 pm »

I need myself a dwarf.

Name him Who

You're in, and what an appropriate name for a child in a family with twenty some odd kids!
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1891 on: May 30, 2010, 11:31:48 pm »

Did Moose make it?

Moose did indeed make it, quite parched, but quite alive. 

But Aldaris was not so lucky.  I did not even see it when it happened, but upon checking the history log after the battle, I saw this:

How the hell does a dwarf suffocate randomly???  I dont understand!

It took me a while to find the corpse, but I pieced together what happened.

Apparently, while out constructing the outer wall, the old Stonecutting Baroness was shot by some opportunistic goblin!  The bolt must have pierced a lung (or two) and she stumbled in agony for a while before succumbing to the mortal wound.

Brutal.

Farewell Baroness Aldaris.  If Baron von Montague's dreams of having a Baronial family with you were not dashed already, then they are now.   :-X

Rest in peace for eternity in your talc coffin...

Wait...

Who's that lying next to you?

Argonnek's dead too?  WHAT THE HELL?????  When did this happen?  Son of a motherless goat!!!  I guess she died when those demons flew in and smashed up the windmills last season.  I thought I had gotten everyone inside, but I must not have.

Damn....we're losing quite a few Armok worshipers!

:( :-X :'(
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 31, 2010, 02:08:11 am »

if i had my way , i will rig Urist's room full of booze and blow it up while she is in it(of course , rig the room while urist is not in it)

but we are all laughing at urist back here in hell , at least i do

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1893 on: May 31, 2010, 12:16:13 pm »

Despite the sieges and recent losses of noble Armok worshipers, Urist puts a strong face on for her dwarves.  She does the difficult work of partying by her adamantine statue. 

She christens the day the first Dwarven Memorial Day, and dedicates it to all those she has sacrificed in her wars.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: May 31, 2010, 05:49:49 pm »

Sweet Armok, at least Baron Von Montague is ok... even if his potential cohort is dead.

Also... I thought Baron Von Montague was an Axelord at some point...

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1895 on: June 01, 2010, 11:10:11 am »

Sweet Armok, at least Baron Von Montague is ok... even if his potential cohort is dead.

Also... I thought Baron Von Montague was an Axelord at some point...

You know...I think you're right.  Montague was supposed to become leader of the Royal Guard.  But then I didnt have a royal guard, and then I was supposed to make him the head of the Stonecutters.  Then I forgot to do that and I gave it to Soviet Travolta.

He's just been getting screwed left and right!!!  And not in a good way!

Well I guess I can make him an axelord.  And Baron von Freden is gonna be a swordsdwarf as well.  I am still kinda against putting Armok worshipers in more danger than they already are though. :-\

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1896 on: June 01, 2010, 11:15:15 am »

So Im glad my old computer is dead.  Because Im using one of my moms old computers now, and it has a dual core.  Which isnt that great these days with your quad cores...but you gotta understand, Im a landless peasant.  All I've ever known was single core.  And that single core was HALF the power of just one of the cores Im running now.  And since DF just takes one core, I can run that shit even while Im watching youtube and working.

My old computer couldnt even run DF very well if that was ALL it was doing.  It would die immediately if I ever tried to do DF alongside anything else.  Even having paint running alongside DF to get screenshots would clog my old computer.  So this is great.

Im up to spring of 263 already!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: June 01, 2010, 11:44:09 am »

What's Mogror up to these days?
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1898 on: June 01, 2010, 01:20:33 pm »

What's Mogror up to these days?

He mopes around, wishing it was the 2010 version, so that he could journey to the underworld to bring back flesh balls and creeping eyes for his experiments.

He longs for surgery and disease...

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: June 01, 2010, 01:36:53 pm »

I wouldn't put it beyond the Engineer of Death to create a mechanical portal to DF 2010 powered by the entrails of children.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: June 01, 2010, 03:31:51 pm »

Have i gotten a bunch of legendary skills yet? I should probably expand the cave out, and maybe try to get magma as well.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: June 01, 2010, 03:34:19 pm »

Have i gotten a bunch of legendary skills yet? I should probably expand the cave out, and maybe try to get magma as well.

Cater to me!

this may be inappropriate, but the cumulative record of posts reads this way

Still enjoying the read, as always. Interested in how the power struggle will play out when it all comes to the top!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1902 on: June 01, 2010, 09:12:12 pm »

The life of a hermit is simple and boring.  If you wanted excitement and adventure you should have joined the military!   :D

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1903 on: June 01, 2010, 09:27:03 pm »

Cater to me!

this may be inappropriate, but the cumulative record of posts reads this way

I dont mind the megalomania and selfish egoism....I'm quite the egotistical bastard myself at times.  We're just a bunch of talking apes afterall.  If they want to be a part of the story, that means they like it.  And Im only writing it because you guys keep reading it and replying to my posts.   :)

I wouldve stopped after just a few pages if no one read it, and it wouldve just been a memory of an interesting game I played where the fortress got killed by demons and the sole survivor of the reclaim was named Urist.  But now its the third longest and third most viewed story on the forums!  Woooo!

Thanks, you damn dirty apes!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: June 01, 2010, 10:46:53 pm »

Who's Journal, Day 1

Well, I suppose I've reached a point where I must begin to write, flesh out my life's story and such. I am Who, one of the sons of the noble lines within the fortress of Blockedlance. I don't see how one could call any of these lines noble, however, as they're all bands of scruffy fools. Those who are not in total isolation live in dazzling opulence. If those fools only knew just how careless such a life would lead them to become.

I shall make this quick, as I am running out of space. Carving on stone tablets of rock with my fingers isn't easy. Know this, Journal: When my day comes, they shall all feel my wrath. The bitch queen Urist, the mayor, the baker, the candlestick maker! The bloody fool Armok shall even know my name when my tale is complete.

Note to self: You are a master of puns.

For the record, read my journals as a stuffy British 12 year old boy for double the enjoyment.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 164