Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 418649 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - An Empire to Last 1,000 Years
« Reply #1920 on: June 10, 2010, 10:42:48 am »

Another one of Jewelettarette's chldren has gone fey!

I hope Oddom doesnt like shell!

Oh crap he does!

Spoiler: That does it!!! (click to show/hide)

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1921 on: June 10, 2010, 10:51:00 am »

UNSPEAKABLE TRAGEDY!!!

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: June 10, 2010, 11:46:19 am »

Who's Diary, Entry 2

Dear Diary,

It seems I am dead. Oh dear. On the bright side, my sibling shall surely carry out my plans for me, right? Now then, I shall find my way through this labrynth of an afterlife. There sure is a lot of blood here...

Who Two's Diary, Entry 1

Dear Diary,

Fuck that guy. My stupid brother wanted me to enact some sort of ritual to make him ascend to godhood or something like that. Well, now he's gone and died, so I guess that plan's out of the question. I guess I'll have to find something else to do with my immense power...
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: June 10, 2010, 11:55:15 am »

Moose's Diary, Entry 317

[An unintelligible page of scribbling, blood, and quarcain.]
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: June 10, 2010, 12:54:36 pm »

Story is brilliant as ever, Gimp.
Once Blockedlance is finished do you think you'll start up another community fort?
Also, how many kids does Jeweletarette (did I spell that right? I really should've made it shorter. Still, it's a name worthy of a snotty, overcomplicated noble.) have now?
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Terrapin Jim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: June 10, 2010, 05:29:14 pm »

If at all possible, could I have a dwarf? Nothing important, but hopefully something useful around the fortress? Like a random member of the seething masses, slave to the indomitable Lunatic-Empress. His/Her name would be Corcha. Thanks!   :D

No problem. 

Thanks!

Also:

Either way, it probably will include early death.  A short but interesting life he will have.

That seems to be a trend with Dwarfs from Blockedlance.  :P

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 10, 2010, 06:33:13 pm »

Not Johann, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1927 on: June 10, 2010, 10:53:59 pm »

Spring 261.

A great mystery has gripped the fortress...

Who IS this rotten corpse?

This mystery has caused many drunken fistfights as frustrated dwarves try to explain to each other who the dwarf is/was.

In other news, Urist has been keeping the Stonecutters busy deep under the earth.  They are digging deeper and deeper, in a maze-like morass of mining tunnels that spans several z-levels already.

The dwarves could not understand what she was digging for, as she didnt seem focused on any gems or metal veins.  If something valuable came along, she mined it out of course, but it was not her goal.  She constantly shifted the digging direction.  The Stonecutters never knew which way they would be mining until they got their daily digging orders from Baron von Montague.  It was as if the Empress was laying some kind of trap....some labyrinthine abyss from which even the bravest dwarven adventurers would never return.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1928 on: June 10, 2010, 10:59:56 pm »

Merchants came this year.  I dont know why.  We have no intention of opening our gates to anyone, else some goblin, or demon, or elf will barge through and take our precious children!

And of course, we are right.  Immediately following the caravan is a filthy green horde!

These merchants fight bravely, but they dont stand a chance.

At least all the goblins burn alive too.

Wondrous devastation....

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 10, 2010, 11:32:35 pm »

Burn! Burn!

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 11, 2010, 12:03:41 am »

AOE flames much?

are you getting too sissy to Give Gobs Fireballs so they can burn themselves to death without any Casulaties?

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 11, 2010, 03:25:45 am »

The FIREBREATH token gives both flame breath and fireballs. There is no way to have one without the other.

Making the goblins fire immune would help, though.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 11, 2010, 08:30:57 am »

Too easy, Maniac. If they get fire, they have to learn to live with it.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1933 on: June 11, 2010, 11:02:48 am »

The FIREBREATH token gives both flame breath and fireballs.

Well there are two firebreath tokens.  At least in 40d...havent modded the new DF yet.  But in the old one, you have firebreath which is actually fire balls, and then you have dragon firebreath which is what the goblins have right now.

EDIT - Elves in my game have regular firebreath, and I have seem them spew dragon fire every now and again. Its rare, but you might be right that the firebreath token gives both.

Too easy, Maniac. If they get fire, they have to learn to live with it.

Exactly.

I like that they burn themselves.  It fits the goblins stupid character.  Their gods have given them firebreath, but they're too brutish and oafish to know what to do with it.  And they're so aggressive that they'll even spit fire from the back of the squad out towards the enemy.  They'll spit fire even if half the squad is already engaged in close combat with the enemy.

Plus its funny when fire gets everywhere.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:20:15 am by MrGimp »

Sonrah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • AF Modding
« Reply #1934 on: June 11, 2010, 05:59:47 pm »

Like a few other people here apparently, i've joined the board to say this:

THIS IS A FUCKING AWESOME STORY

Seriously, i started playing DF because of boatmurdered. And I started building (somewhat useless) temples and sacrifice altars because of you.

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 164