Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419707 times)

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - An Empire to Last 1,000 Years
« Reply #1980 on: August 08, 2010, 10:36:14 am »

I'm loving this topic :D

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: August 09, 2010, 09:08:08 am »

A tribute to the Microcline Monster   :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1982 on: August 09, 2010, 10:12:34 am »

A tribute to the Microcline Monster   :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gahahaha! That's brilliant!

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: August 09, 2010, 03:51:06 pm »

No mods but the game took like 5-6 hours genning the game so i think it may have messed up.

Urist McKing

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Spacemarine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: August 10, 2010, 11:55:18 am »

Briliant. Absolute brilliance. You have pleased the Emprah. Now, can I have a dwarf that worships the emprah and always accuses his enemies of heresy and calls the goblins xeno scum? I'd like his name to be Cain.
Yes! I would like the court to recognize the record as showing that I FUCKING CALLED IT!

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: August 11, 2010, 04:49:41 am »

No mods but the game took like 5-6 hours genning the game so i think it may have messed up.

Wrong Thread

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1986 on: August 11, 2010, 12:41:10 pm »

Briliant. Absolute brilliance. You have pleased the Emprah. Now, can I have a dwarf that worships the emprah and always accuses his enemies of heresy and calls the goblins xeno scum? I'd like his name to be Cain.

Sure.

We had a Cain many decades ago.  You shall be known as Cain, no relation to Cain.    :)
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1987 on: August 11, 2010, 12:51:28 pm »

Thanks everyone for reading!!!  Nah I dont know about making the Queen immortal.  All must die in the end.  This is the way of the Blood God.  Only vile elves would dare violate this holy law of 'death for everyone'.  And I guess goblins....but theyre guaranteed to die in battle whether they are technically immortal or not.  So it's not as offensive to the Blood God (although the whole raping, pillaging, and child enslavement thing is pretty offensive to the dwarves).

Maybe Armok would be willing to grant Urist immortality if she killed off all the elves?

Anyways....I have been slaving to finish up our gigantic project for work with 250,000 lines of code.  The first official demo is friday.  Then bugtesting for a month.  Then we shove it out the door.  I'm being promised loads of money...which is probably a horrible lie.  But maybe not.  I think I'll get a break after the demo....maybe this weekend or sometime next week.  I will devote that time to dwarf fortress at last! 
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: August 12, 2010, 01:27:29 am »

Anyways....I have been slaving to finish up our gigantic project for work with 250,000 lines of code.  The first official demo is friday.  Then bugtesting for a month.  Then we shove it out the door.  I'm being promised loads of money...which is probably a horrible lie.  But maybe not.  I think I'll get a break after the demo....maybe this weekend or sometime next week.  I will devote that time to dwarf fortress at last!
Ooh, what is this project? Or is it all very hush hush?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1989 on: August 13, 2010, 11:05:09 pm »

Ooh, what is this project? Or is it all very hush hush?

Its just a project of never ending rewrites and third-party integrations.  It wont end and its taking my sanity.  Now the demo is pushed back to tomorrow in the morning.  If that fails (it might) then its Monday....then we have a month bug testing.  I dont think Im getting a weekend after all.

slkdgha;sghj;sfghjeoh

MrGimp Peasant Programmer cancels work: Rolling on floor babbling incoherently

MrGimp Peasant Programmer cancels babble: Feeding hunger for murder

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1990 on: August 13, 2010, 11:10:18 pm »

Take me if it pleases you. <:3

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1991 on: August 13, 2010, 11:20:23 pm »

MrGimp Peasant Programmer satiates hunger: Devouring loyal follower

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: August 14, 2010, 01:08:39 am »

McPyro Spycheck Cancels Spy check : What the Fuck?

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1993 on: August 14, 2010, 02:01:34 am »

Back in 259, the Empress had paid some of the dwarven caravan masters to act as official messengers of the Empress.  She had instructed them to travel to all four corners of Sil Gomath, bringing the good news of the ascension of a new Dwarven Empress that laid claim to dominance over all royal dwarven lineages in the world.  The caravan masters were always looking for more beer money, and quickly agreed.  It took them many many months to cross Sil Gomath.  For over a year they meandered along their trade routes, stopping for months at a time to get drunk and spray their spores on local girls.  They spread news of the new Empress, and everywhere they went, the terror of Urist's name had preceded them, and the locals fell to their knees and agreed to send tribute.

At long last however in a place far to the north in the land known as the Jade Irons, a ruler felt he was in a strong enough position to callously disregard the rule of the Imperatrix Magnus.

It again was a long journey before the caravan could bring the response to Blockedlance's gate.  The caravan riders did not have the courage to deliver the message personally, and instead simply dropped off a few boxes at the front gate and paid to have them sent to the Empress.  Then, hurriedly, the merchants raced out of town.

Urist sat on her adamantine throne as her courtiers brought in her daily mail. 

"Tribute from the western dwarves m'lady," said Mogror as peasants slowly dragged in massive bags of worthless junk crafts.  Apparently Blockedlance wasn't the only place in Sil Gomath trying to pass worthless baubles off as treasure.

"Very good.  Throw it all in the atom smasher," was the cold reply of the Empress.  It was all just a dominance game.  She didnt really need the tribute, she just needed the other nations of the world to know that she could ask for anything at any time and they better oblige.

"Next....we have the tribute from the northern lands.  The land of the Jade Irons."

"Ahhh," smiled the Empress.  "I have been waiting for news from this land for some time.  It is quite far away, and I hear it is a very rich and powerful kingdom.  I bet this is the one place that could actually afford to send us tribute that is worth saving and not smashing into oblivion.  I am very eager to see what my loyal subjects of the Jade Irons have made for their Empress!"  Urist leaned forward in her seat as three boxes were brought in.  The boxes were laid before the Queen.  She beamed a large smile as the lids of the boxes were removed, all at the same time.  She had been expecting gold, or silver at least.  Maybe some diamonds or rubies?  Artifact crafts would have been alright.  But that was not what they had sent....

There in the boxes were the heads of the caravan masters she had hired as her emissaries.  They had been pickled so as to preserve them over such a long journey, but they had begun to rot anyways.  The stench was unbearable, and the look on the faces of the disembodied heads was enough to show that their last moments had indeed been terrifying.

There was a loud gasp as everyone felt the shock at once.  Then the room fell silent.

These northerners would pay for this.  They would pay dearly....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:11:59 pm by MrGimp »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: August 14, 2010, 03:21:50 am »

*TALLPANZER has organized a party at the Northerners bloody torso*
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 164