Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 418671 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Skirmishes of Ragnarok
« Reply #2385 on: May 25, 2011, 07:42:57 am »

hey, can i be dwarfed? name him agish, and make him a hermit! he can be a cook/brewer, so that the fortress will FEEL THE LOSS OF HIM!
edit, and make him dig a secret tunnel that goes straight into the fortress supply levels (where all the piles are) that way, he can be made into a subplot! like him getting caught by queen urist! and then hanged for stealing, or making him snatch a crossbow and go on a rampage!

ARMOK BE PRAISED! with +plump helmet biscuits+!

the ingredients are: finely minced elf blood, finely minced plump helmet
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:10:44 am by kerlc »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: May 25, 2011, 04:36:18 pm »

Sure, Ill put you in.  Hamiltonian Mechanics eh?  I wonder....does that make him smarter than the average dwarf (because he has advanced beyond Newton) or does that make him slower than the average dwarf (because the dwarves of DF seem to have an innate understanding of Quantum Mechanics)?

Bah, you modern dwarves and your quantum mechanics! Armok does not play dice!

Dont tell Armok what to do with his dice.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2387 on: May 25, 2011, 04:56:12 pm »

Sure, Ill put you in.  Hamiltonian Mechanics eh?  I wonder....does that make him smarter than the average dwarf (because he has advanced beyond Newton) or does that make him slower than the average dwarf (because the dwarves of DF seem to have an innate understanding of Quantum Mechanics)?

You didn't hear it from me, but Armok is an avid D&D player.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2388 on: May 25, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »

hey, can i be dwarfed? name him agish, and make him a hermit! he can be a cook/brewer, so that the fortress will FEEL THE LOSS OF HIM!
edit, and make him dig a secret tunnel that goes straight into the fortress supply levels (where all the piles are) that way, he can be made into a subplot! like him getting caught by queen urist! and then hanged for stealing, or making him snatch a crossbow and go on a rampage!

More hermits eh?  The foothills of the Ruthless Tower are going to turn into the hills of hermits!!!  Thats cool though.  Reminds me of this scene (start at 40 seconds):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglhv-aGCag

I cant make a huge subplot for everyone, though, so we'll see about the other stuff.

You didn't hear it from me, but Armok is an avid D&D player.

Armok went to Las Vegas this weekend for a Rammstein concert and played craps.  I can assure you, he does play dice.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2389 on: May 25, 2011, 07:18:42 pm »

Spring 291

Another year ticks by on the calendar.  The younger dwarves celebrate it, but the older dwarves dread the doom that it brings ever closer to them. 

A Khamerite dwarf has become a legendary mason after being drafted to construct the tower, and as such receives a new name.  He is now known as Nix.

Urist names one of her younger sons Nullus, while still sadly remembering the short life of Prince NobodyPro.

Then there is the Kurkish dwarf Innigma, a man of such dashing swagger and lust for revenge, that Urist cannot help but draft him as a swordsdwarf.  The death of his father Kurk Quorcane has always seemed suspicious to him.  He suspects foul play and has sworn to avenge his father's death.  His anger drives him forward.

There is also another Kurkite named Liam who has been drafted as a marksdwarf.  He is training with bone bolts now, preparing to defend our great home from the elven and goblin hordes.

Then there was Tor, a dwarf, who, like Nahere, is feeling the pressure of socializing with the psychopaths of Blockedlance.  He dreams of hermiting away for the rest of life in the comfort of the mountains known as the Ruthless Tower.  This is quite odd actually, because Tor is quite a legendary socializer. 

(Vega and Agish are on the way...maybe a couple more posts)

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: May 25, 2011, 07:41:23 pm »

Nix?  Nullis?  Requesting that my dwarf plot to murder them both on the grounds that their names are uncomfortably close to his.

(j/k)
(or am i????)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #2391 on: May 25, 2011, 07:45:32 pm »

Spring brings another wave of crusaders washing our hinterlands in blood and flames.

While Baron von Freden trains the axedwarves, MadMonkey24 is the only available superdwarf that can take care of the elves.

He cuts down the scrawny elves with his artifact demon sword with no problems.  The iron within the sword Strengthtrusses the Jaw of Reverence hungered for blood.  The finely crafted iron image of the demon Er Dreadglances glowed brightly whenever an elven soul was struck down and sent to Armok.

The elves continued to fire their potshots though.  With so little life left in her body, the Empress did not want to halt the construction of the new tower.  Therefore, no one was ever ordered inside.  The peasants risked their lives at the entranceway.

MadMonkey24 eventually made his way back to the eastern gate and managed to save a few dwarves.  The battle was fierce, and his right upper arm was burned inside his steel armor.

More elves to the south chased and corralled more dwarves and began setting the swamplands ablaze around them.

It is here on this ground that Chare gets charred.  The flames engulf her entire body, and she runs screaming into the fortress, with a trail of black smoke behind her.

The dwarves try to put her out, but she bleeds to death from her wounds.

Back in the burning swamp, Tallpanzer, the Khamerite Lye-maker is heavily wounded before MadMonkey can finish off the bastard elves.

He tries to crawl away from the approaching flames....

But continues to fall unconscious every few steps.  When he disappears under a thick cloud of smoke, he is feared lost.  He proves more resilient than that however...

He manages to hobble his way back across the bridge just as the flames consumed the entire southern marshlands (and burned down the bridge again).

When Tallpanzer finally collapses inside the fortress and the dwarves have a chance to take a look at him, they realize that his lower spine has been injured, and he will never walk again.

Oh fate, how cruelly you spit at mortals.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: May 25, 2011, 08:38:32 pm »

The bridge was burned AGAIN?!  Why don't they just build it of STONE?

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: May 25, 2011, 10:27:18 pm »

Journal Of Giovanni:
Entry #1.

I have taken to calling my new slave Twinkles. Twinkles seems to be helping for all intents and purposes with the construction of the tower however I cannot help wondering if Twinkles is beginning to guess the true purposes behind the tower, Of my wish to be able to interact with the celestial bodys in the sky, Of grabbing stars and using them as an alternative fuel source. If Twinkles were to find out I am sure he would make an attempt to tell our queen, However I have no idea what her reaction would be. So the secret must be kept at that a secret. If Twinkles were to find out I must assuredly kill him. No one will hamper my dreams, And any that do save the queen must die.

(The journal continues on, Detailing various levels of the tower and more ramblings about Twinkles)
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: May 26, 2011, 01:55:44 am »

So, the guilt of Khamerites is slowly being forgotten? They are allowed to do some masonry, among with carpentry...
How's my dwarf going, by the way?
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: May 26, 2011, 06:21:46 am »

ze hermits are awesome. also, nice sketch!

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: May 26, 2011, 12:14:02 pm »

Heh, I'm waiting for the hermits to all team up and set up their own fortress, hermit power! :D
Blargh.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: May 26, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »

Heh, I'm waiting for the hermits to all team up and set up their own fortress, hermit power! :D
Spoiler: Hermits united? (click to show/hide)
No clue in hell why I linked this.

Is filiusenox next in line for the throne?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: May 27, 2011, 05:59:54 am »

yas, and we shall live in communistic commune, sharing everything. EVERYTHING.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: May 27, 2011, 06:46:01 am »

yas, and we shall live in communistic commune, sharing everything. EVERYTHING.
Eeeeewwww......
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 164