Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419632 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Foggy Barbs
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2009, 10:00:16 pm »

I'll take a marksdwarf.  Are you going to cross-train them with hammers?

Nah, it already takes too long to train them.  I do get them up in wrestling though....at least most of them.  Im not as particular about my marksdwarves because they sit behind fortifications in most of my forts.  Its only in the random ambush or fatal mistake that they get that close to the enemy.

Unless theyre parked out in the open guarding...say, a temple to Ber Steelearthen.  In THAT case...they might get run up on and torn apart.   :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 10:01:49 pm by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2009, 01:53:01 am »

I'll take a marksdwarf.  Feel free to make it a female dwarf, since I really don't care.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2009, 03:42:34 pm »

Marksdwarf please.
And please give me one that isn't good with other dwarves.
:3

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2009, 08:02:39 pm »

Ok heres your dudes.  Tradan, you got the last male elite marksdwarf because you specified one that didnt get along with people...and it just happened to be the one male elite marksdwarf I have.  I only have a couple more elite ones, after that its all generic regular markdwarves.  But I have plenty of champion axedwarves for anyone still interested.  Just let me know.

Oh yeah, Christes you oddly enough have no kills.  Tradanbattlan, you have killed two goblins.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2009, 08:24:24 pm »

Dear Diary,

I have taken to writing in you because there is no one I can trust to share my thoughts with anymore.  I have won the respect and love of the people for a second time by killing off the wretched nobility.  But how long can that last?  They will soon be nervous and apprehensive again when I walk the halls, they always look at me with their shifty eyes.  They always look at me with a smile and a whisper...I see through them!  I know them!

But I need them diary.  I need them to haul stone.  I need them to finish building my palace and my temple so that my god will grant me the eternal paradise that I DESERVE!!!

I have abolished rent.  In fact I abolished the entire capitalist economy!  The peasants see me as a warrior queen, a worker's heroine, who has fought and won freedom for the masses.  I laugh when I think of their stupidity and complete and utter inferiority!

But you wont believe it diary!  Guess.  Okay Ill tell you...that meddling Duke still meddles from beyond the grave!  No sooner had we intered his filthy remains in that mausoleum of his then here comes a new Tax Collector coming over the hill, claiming that he was requested by the Duke to fill a vacancy!

I tried to tell him I was Queen and I had abolished the capitalist ways of the old nobility.  He didnt even recognize that I had any authority over such things.  The impudence! 

He even had the iron balls to make a demand of me and my great fortress.  That we should procure him several animal traps.

Oh hell no diary!  Hes going in the pit!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:26:36 pm by MrGimp »

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2009, 08:42:49 pm »

Ok heres your dudes.  Tradan, you got the last male elite marksdwarf because you specified one that didnt get along with people...and it just happened to be the one male elite marksdwarf I have.  I only have a couple more elite ones, after that its all generic regular markdwarves.  But I have plenty of champion axedwarves for anyone still interested.  Just let me know.

Oh yeah, Christes you oddly enough have no kills.  Tradanbattlan, you have killed two goblins.

bahaha

You do realize you gave us a pair of lovers? <3

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2009, 08:50:46 pm »

No I cant say I noticed that!  Good eye!  hahahahaha

Hey some things happen better when they happen randomly!   :P

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2009, 09:16:59 pm »

Hey its not like youre married or anything, just lovers.  See you dont live together, you each have your own place...but...is that you two by the river?

Sorry, I couldnt resist!   ;D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:24:04 pm by MrGimp »

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2009, 09:40:03 pm »

Hey its not like youre married or anything, just lovers.  See you dont live together, you each have your own place...but...is that you two by the river?

Sorry, I couldnt resist!   ;D
*spits out coffee while laughing*
Oh wow! What a strange coincedence!
EDIT:
You know... I never noticed before, but one of the rooms on the far left has a gem in the wall...
I'd mine that sucker and let the two rooms merge, but thet's only me.
I wouldn't want to anger Urist too much with my ideas.
EDIT 2: By the way, what tileset did you use? It looks spiffeh
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 11:03:35 pm by Tradanbattlan »

Zulaf

• Bay Watcher
  • Am I learning, or do I only think I am?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2009, 11:28:50 pm »

Hey, just read the story from start, its a great read. I need to start comeing to the games and stories board more.

I was wondering.... I want to be a axe dwarf but when the hammerer dies can i get his hammer? =P i'm sure its adorned with giant rat bone and carp leather. if the hammer is a no go then just an axe dwarf. 

Also can you rustle up more monsters for the gladiator pit? If so then id also like to fight in it.
WIERD 2-5-6-8-9-14

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2009, 12:30:40 am »

Queen Urist

Clerk:  Hear ye, hear ye!  The court of Queen Urist Salvedangers shall come to order.  The first order of business, your majesty, comes from the elite marksdwarf Tradanbattlan.  He requests mining the jewels out of the peasant quarters, as there are several shiny blue gems.

Queen Urist:  Denied!  Question me again and you shall narfle the Garthak!  Ahem...I am a beneficent queen.  I leave the jewels there for the enjoyment of the peasants to admire sparkly things.  Besides, our jewelers have enough gems for the next 20 years already piled up.

Clerk:  The queen has spoken!  Next order of business comes from the champion axedwarf Zulaf.  He requests the hammerers hammer, your majesty.

Queen Urist:  The insolence!!!  How can one ask for the hammerer's hammer?!  If you want it so bad, then go get it from him!  To the hammerers lair with you! 

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2009, 12:56:45 am »

Can I haz axe dwarf?

Preffrably legendary. Thanks!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2009, 01:09:05 am »

Its summer now.  We have a problem here at Blockedlance: children are one fourth the population.  They clog up CPU speed just wandering around, contributing nothing to the fortress...except the occassional removed construction, or artifact trinket.

Urist used her influence to arrange a new mayoral election, to 'reaffirm the will of the people'.  This time someone that wasnt friends with the old mayor won.  Imagine that.

And this mayor happens to be the father of BOTH the children in my fort who wound up making artifacts and becoming legendary for it.  Both parent are legendary farmers.  This is some good stock right here.

The hammerers getting sad, and its not just because theres someone in his lair wanting to fight him for his hammer.  No.  Hes sad because the old tax collector was his friend.  In fact he was his only friend.  Kinda pathetic really.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 01:11:38 am by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2009, 01:19:35 am »

Can I haz axe dwarf?

Preffrably legendary. Thanks!

Youre already in the fort!   You are the legendary Jackrabbit Spireknife, the Brutal Square of Problems!   ;D

Check Page 7!

And since Fikkod Inodzoz got her arm cut off by that insanely powerful dragon I edited in, youre my best champion.

Oh and Tradanbattlan about your other question...Im using th dystopian rhetoric set...but I also used a couple different sets for the dwarves and theres been problems.  In some of the screenshots you see dashed brown lines.  Those are Herbalists.  Also, some of my characters appear to be from one set, others from the other set.  Its all glitchy...every piece of electronics I touch glitches up!  Its a gift really.    :P

But yeah...for the most part dystopian rhetoric.  And I think Mike Mayday.  I dunno...its on the dwarf wiki.  Theres a link at the top of the forums.  Just search tilesets and pick the ones you like.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2009, 01:23:24 am »

Oh thats awesome. I never usually manage to get amour up to that high for my dwarves. Thanks!

(Also, I'm male, so don't worry  :P)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 164