Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419654 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #840 on: July 10, 2009, 10:03:00 pm »

Myth awoke slowly.  He tried to open his eyes but they were so full of blood that he could barely see.  He could make out that he was lying on a bunch of jagged rocks.  Pain consumed his entire body.

The last thing he remembered was falling through the floor in the demon pits, then plummeting through miles and miles of red haze and black smoke.  He remembered that he had fallen for quite some time...and the ground appeared suddenly out of the smoke and haze at the very last second.  Now he was here...

He tried to get up, but was immediately restrained by a shot of pain throughout his entire body.  That was when he looked at his body and through the clotted blood in his eyes he could see that every limb he had was twisted, mangled, and bent in several incorrect places.  The bones in his right leg were sticking out at two different locations.  He was horribly crippled, and lying in a pool of his own blood.

Why wasn't he dead?

Myth grimaced in pain and clenched his fists...errr...what was left of them anyways.  He was so taken by the pain that he didnt even notice the black robed figure approaching him until it spoke.

"Greetings worthless pain bucket, and welcome to the fountain of misery, the Hell of Shattered Bone!"  Myth opened his eyes and saw the robed figure leaning down and offering his hand.  As it slipped out from his overly long sleeve, he could see that the figure had no living flesh at all.  For some reason, probably out of force of habit, Myth reached up with his slightly less mangled arm and shook the skeletal hand.  Big mistake.

Immediately the bone hand clamped down harder than any living being in the world possibly could.  Not one muscle on his body, and yet it was the mightiest handshake Myth had ever had the misfortune of feeling.  The bones in Myth's hand immediately and audibly crunched into dust.  As he shrieked in terror, the robed figure spoke lightheartedly, "Nice to meet you!  I'm Hans Gribblegrom, the Locator of Pain...but all my friends call me Grim Grom!  We're gonna be good friends!"

At that moment, Myth was overtaken by the pain, and passed out.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #841 on: July 10, 2009, 10:06:05 pm »

I wonder if Myth will ever make it to Our hell.
:3

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #842 on: July 10, 2009, 10:58:25 pm »

Tradan awoke, weary and groggy.  Blood clotted his eyes.  He reached up and unclogged his field of view, and stared upon the gnarled face of his lover.  Christes attempted what Tradan took to be a smile, though he couldn't tell through all the blood and gore.

"Hello, my poor Tradan," Christes said.  "You've been out for a long time.  I've been drifting in and out myself.  I tied us together by our beards so we wouldnt drift away into this void."

Tradan looked down and saw that their beards were indeed tied together, and then covered over and caked with dried blood.  It was a strong bond.

"Has it been ten thousand years yet?" asked Tradan miserably.

Christes chuckled.  As she did so, ooze poured from her burst left eyeball.  There was a shard of glass sticking straight out from the pupil.  White gore and clotted blood clung to the wound.  A filthy white pus oozed from it whenever she looked about or moved her face muscles in any major way.

They were silent as they bore their pain togeher, floating in the infinite white void.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:37:03 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 11, 2009, 01:27:32 am »

Yay! Blockedlance's first asciidraw scene!
Also; Yay! I condemned someone to an eternity of misery!
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 11, 2009, 01:41:52 pm »

Awsome execution machines.  :P
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Ignem

• Bay Watcher
  • formerly known as slemsvamp
    • View Profile
    • My own music
« Reply #845 on: July 11, 2009, 02:18:02 pm »

Been reading all lovely and awesome 57 pages of Blockedlance and having thought Boatmurdered was the only one of legendary kind, I'll say Blockedlance is just as entertaining - if not even MORE - since it has a well written and interesting story.

It would be an honor to have a tiny part of this story by incorporating my name into your universe. Not necessarily in small caps, "Slemsvamp" would be fine!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What kind of dwarf would really not matter, I do like the sinister side of the blood god and I'd gladly take the risk of working for the mad Queen. I'm not much for brawn, so if there's someone with brains left - I'd like one of thems (mad brains).

Awesome story MrGimp, this is - in my book - up there with Boatmurdered.

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 11, 2009, 04:20:14 pm »

And so my story in this hellhole ends... or does it?
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #847 on: July 12, 2009, 11:49:55 am »

Been reading all lovely and awesome 57 pages of Blockedlance and having thought Boatmurdered was the only one of legendary kind, I'll say Blockedlance is just as entertaining - if not even MORE - since it has a well written and interesting story.

It would be an honor to have a tiny part of this story by incorporating my name into your universe. Not necessarily in small caps, "Slemsvamp" would be fine!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What kind of dwarf would really not matter, I do like the sinister side of the blood god and I'd gladly take the risk of working for the mad Queen. I'm not much for brawn, so if there's someone with brains left - I'd like one of thems (mad brains).

Awesome story MrGimp, this is - in my book - up there with Boatmurdered.

Wow haha, ranking with Boatmurdered is the highest honor a story here on the forums can get!

Ill make you the Armok worshipping Duchess, Slimemold is a GREAT name for a Duchess.   ;D 

And dont worry, other than the fact that you like fine pewter and we have no more access to it, you're a pretty easy Duchess to get along with.  Urist is also trying to sleep with your son.

Ignem

• Bay Watcher
  • formerly known as slemsvamp
    • View Profile
    • My own music
« Reply #848 on: July 12, 2009, 12:15:21 pm »

Splendid! Then my first offer, to Urist, is my son. Armok spoke to me in dreams and said my boy was destined for greatness, and who could give the world more blood than Urist I wonder, none I say.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #849 on: July 12, 2009, 12:26:37 pm »

Time marches on (at single digit FPS)...

It is now Spring of 234.  Urist has been Queen for 25 full years.  To mark the momentous occassion she orders Mogror and his assitant Ravus Maniacus (the forts other, lesser known mechanic) to draw up plans for great constructions on the surface.  She was vague on many details, but Mogror dutifully shuffled off to get it done.

The plannings of the monuments to her greatness were cut short, however.  Elves - damn filthy elves - ambushed our great fortress with yet ANOTHER horde!  The military force of Blockedlance had dwindled greatly.  Dwarves had to run back and forth across the fortress to fight the various squads of elves.

Several elves actually got THROUGH our defensive lines!   :o  In the east, I had to scramble dwarves to stop several elves who had passed through our trapped east entrance and entered our courtyard!  ELVES IN OUR COURTYARD PEOPLE!!! 

Then more elves swarmed from the west, on the damn OTHER side of the fortress!  MadMonkey was there to valiantly fight them off with his bloodthirsty demon sword...but he was only one dwarf.  A few elf bowmen managed to get through unbloodied or pursued into the temple foregrounds.  They began firing at random passers-by.  One of the Duchess' daughters was hit with a Quantum Arrow and pierced through both shoulders and on a hand, leg, and foot.  Eberdek was also struck, and then struck again!  He fled in terror.

The legendary miner Fil was there on the roadside, witnessing the carnage.  He saw his chance for glory and charged forward, ready to mine elf skull.

Thwip!

An arrow to the lung!  But he didnt go down!  Though he was winded and about to die, he kept running forward, pick held high.  He swung it down....and missed.  The elf dodged backward, firing as he lept. 

Alas Fil, we hardly knew ye.....but your sacrifice was not in vain.  It bought time for more armed and armored dwarves to arrive on the scene...but not before an ELF got INTO the TEMPLE!!!

A single suicidal elf ran down into the temple firing at the stonecrafter and wounding her slightly before he was struck down.

An ELF.  A fucking ELF.  Prancing around in the Temple of Armok in his stockings and feathery hat like he owned the place!!!

This is an atrocity.  In all of Blockedlance's history we have never suffered such a disgrace!

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #850 on: July 12, 2009, 12:44:22 pm »

I say that was a DECOY FIL!  :o
And the real one was inside all the time!
A dwarf should not have such a short life!

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 12, 2009, 01:47:07 pm »

There are only two awnsers. And because one of those is magma, I advise trapspam. Weapon trapspam. With masterwork weapons. Made of adamantine.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #852 on: July 12, 2009, 01:48:38 pm »

And masterwork rockfall traps of microline.
Why do I love microline so much?

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 12, 2009, 01:52:21 pm »

And masterwork rockfall traps of microline.
Why do I love microline so much?
Because you're a horrible monster.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 12, 2009, 02:03:03 pm »

I say that was a DECOY FIL!  :o
And the real one was inside all the time!
A dwarf should not have such a short life!

YES IT WAS ONE I MADE. IM STILL ALIVE. RIGHT?RIGHT?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 164