Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 418666 times)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1065 on: October 04, 2009, 11:08:46 pm »

I hope you have a method of
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 04, 2009, 11:12:05 pm »

I hope you have a method of

Yes. Its called

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1067 on: October 05, 2009, 12:18:57 am »

Eberdek sat in the empty dining room in the barracks of the (currently non-existant) royal guards.  Kurk the grunge harpist was playing some psychedelic acid harp while he tripped hard on a mountain of quarcaine.  Eberdek was shaking, but not from the blow...it was from all the sugar roasts from the Queens feasting.

"I cant take it sometimes, you know man?" said Eberdek as he twitched neurotically.  "I'm gonna snap one of these days and kill that bitch!"

"SHHHHH!!!" shouted Kurk as he strummed his harp louder and angrier.  "I don't want to get involved in any more of this rebel business!  She's just going to kill everybody!!!  Just leave her alone!  It's not worth the trouble!"  He began twitching himself now.  He wasn't twitching from any sugar though, for him it really was the blow.

Eberdek shook his head.  "I cant live like this!  Theres just something inside me that doesn't care if I die, it just wants revenge!"

Kurk grew angrier.  "Look, I don't want no rebel talk!  Go take that shit to Mogror if you're so brave!"  Kurk meant that last part sarcastically, but Eberdek didn't notice.

"Yeah...he'll know what to do..." he mumbled as he walked out of the room.

Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 05, 2009, 11:07:24 am »

What makes this even more awesome is that I'm reading 1984 right now.

I wonder what a Dorfen Newspeak would be like? Very few words for good happy things, and surprisingly many for the various ways of dying...

And their government would HAVE to involve a Ministry of Blood, governing war, magma, and death. (So something in between Minipax and Minitru.)
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 05, 2009, 11:47:37 am »

Eberdek sat in the empty dining room in the barracks of the (currently non-existant) royal guards.  Kurk the grunge harpist was playing some psychedelic acid harp while he tripped hard on a mountain of quarcaine.  Eberdek was shaking, but not from the blow...it was from all the sugar roasts from the Queens feasting.

"I cant take it sometimes, you know man?" said Eberdek as he twitched neurotically.  "I'm gonna snap one of these days and kill that bitch!"

"SHHHHH!!!" shouted Kurk as he strummed his harp louder and angrier.  "I don't want to get involved in any more of this rebel business!  She's just going to kill everybody!!!  Just leave her alone!  It's not worth the trouble!"  He began twitching himself now.  He wasn't twitching from any sugar though, for him it really was the blow.

Eberdek shook his head.  "I cant live like this!  Theres just something inside me that doesn't care if I die, it just wants revenge!"

Kurk grew angrier.  "Look, I don't want no rebel talk!  Go take that shit to Mogror if you're so brave!"  Kurk meant that last part sarcastically, but Eberdek didn't notice.

"Yeah...he'll know what to do..." he mumbled as he walked out of the room.

Ahahahahahahahahah.
Ahahaaha.
Ahah.
Aha.
This will be fun.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 05, 2009, 12:32:22 pm »

Let the Nineteen Eighty Four referances BEGIN!
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 05, 2009, 12:55:23 pm »

Victory lies in the Proles!
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 05, 2009, 01:03:45 pm »

Victory lies in the Proles!
"He had finally won the Victory for himself. He loved Queen Urist."
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 05, 2009, 04:49:58 pm »

I've finished reading the epic saga of Blockedlance, and now I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

It's time for the Duchess to be stuck with 'inspiration' and name herself 'Moose' and talk in the third person!  ;D

Sorry...the Duchess is taken.  You can be one of her daughters if you want, though!  :)

Moose would be pleased.  When Moose creates an artifact, Moose will be known as The Artist Formally Known as Moose.   ;D

Until then, more quarcain and parties!
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1074 on: October 05, 2009, 05:22:31 pm »

I think some sort of organised Patapon creature should wreak havoc on everything.
By everything, I mean everything unimportant.
Look at these little guys!

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: October 05, 2009, 06:50:42 pm »

I think some sort of organised Patapon creature should wreak havoc on everything.
By everything, I mean everything unimportant.
Look at these little guys!

That game is the only reason I want a PSP.

Has someone made a mod with the little guys?
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1076 on: October 06, 2009, 08:19:35 pm »

Eberdek made his way to Mogror's chambers under the temple.  The mad engineer was angry to be bothered, but decided to let the pleading Eberdek in to hear him out.  When Eberdek told the old dwarf what he wanted to do, Mogror's disposition immediately turned friendly.

"So you want to kill the Queen, eh?" smiled the grizzly old dwarf.

"Yes," was the cold reply.  Eberdek was completely committed.

"Tell me," Mogror chuckled, "what made you come to me?"

"The Court Musician Kurk told me I should go to you if I wanted to join in resisting the Queen."

"Did he?" asked Mogror pleasantly surprised. 

"Yes...now please mad dwarf....how can we get this bitch?"

"Well...I bet you could easily poison her, what with you being near the food and all.  I've got this powerful mixture of snakeman and giant cave spider venoms," said Mogror as he pulled a vial from his bookshelf.

"How did you get that?"

"Oh the traders bring barrels of the stuff from time to time.  I had suggested to Her Majesty that she should stockpile some of the gruesome stuff just in case we ever needed it.  Then I pilfered the stockpiles for my experiments."  Mogror's gaze drifted off, and he became lost in the memories of all his mad scientist misadventures.  After a minute he came back to his senses.  "Here...take this, and pour it on the next sugar roast you see.  Make sure none of the guards see you."

"Thank you, mad one!" smiled Eberdek.  "At last justice will be served!"

"Yes...now make haste!  Dont delay in your wondrous mission!"
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 06, 2009, 08:34:28 pm »

Silly dwarf, you have to poison the food with magma to make it deadly, and garnish it with a sock to make it irresistible.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1078 on: October 07, 2009, 12:11:01 am »

Better be rope reed this time.

Soviet Travolta

• Bay Watcher
  • [SMOKEY_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
    • Illustrator Porfolio
« Reply #1079 on: October 07, 2009, 03:55:26 am »

I cannot really imagine you would actually kill Queen Urist, Mr Gimp. But now i'm wondering what kind of mad superpowers you will make available to her when the venomous mixture mixes with her DNA. Mogror lived a thousand years making insane experiments, he for sure has some hidden agenda, using Eberdek in the process. I'm impatient, i'm eager! But yet i have to wait! I feel Blockedlanced !!!
I propose a truly dorfy solution: toady should implement a special helmet that (mostly) protects against fall damage, so that the toughest dwarves of the fortress can take the 10-z level jump down, pick and axe in hand, and construct stairs back up to the upper levels.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 164