Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419714 times)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1260 on: November 05, 2009, 10:05:20 am »

He has that sort of impression on people. You know, that "Be friends with me or die" kind of impression.
GoGoGadget40kAnalogy: Like the Tau empire, and also like the Tau, it's actually a relatively warm and sincere one compared to the alternatives.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 05, 2009, 10:19:11 am »

He has that sort of impression on people. You know, that "Be friends with me or die" kind of impression.
GoGoGadget40kAnalogy: Like the Tau empire, and also like the Tau, it's actually a relatively warm and sincere one compared to the alternatives.

When a multi-millenarian evil engineer who has a footnote under genocide in the dictionary is relatively warm and sincere, things are wrong.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 05, 2009, 02:34:55 pm »

When a multi-millenarian evil engineer who has a footnote under genocide in the dictionary is relatively warm and sincere, things are wrong.
Wrong?
Spoiler: Predictable meme abuse (click to show/hide)
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1263 on: November 05, 2009, 02:51:39 pm »

I wish I lived at Blockedlance....

I'd be smart enough to worship Armok.  So I wouldnt ever be sent to pull levers.  And after a few years of making soap I would be legendary, and never have to worry about money again!  The community would literally support my rat weed habit out of their own coffers!

Dwarven society rocks.  Much better than humans.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1264 on: November 05, 2009, 05:17:13 pm »

Hell yeah. Armok is employed, baby.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1265 on: November 05, 2009, 07:07:04 pm »

Who knew Armok was a pimply faced 25 year old computer nerd who has never made more than 10 grand in a year before?   ;D
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 05, 2009, 07:14:46 pm »

Climb that ladder Armok!  ;D
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1267 on: November 06, 2009, 05:28:05 am »

How come it can't be more of a career escalator....or maybe a career elevator?  I'm tired of climbing this damn career ladder!!!  Where's the career hot air balloon?

I've been writing code for this guys real estate software since 10 am.  So thats 16 hours, minus a couple hours here and there to smoke herb.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1268 on: November 07, 2009, 02:59:54 am »

After many months in the void speaking with and watching the strange telepath, Christes had pieced together as much as she could.  Apparently, after many eons, he had discovered that the white void was the base of all reality, the basis of all existence.  From this empty base realm, one could - with great mental effort - affect and bend the void to one's will. 

Christes wondered why the telepath stuck to coffee tables and a simple bed....perhaps after thousands of years he had just kinda gotten into a routine?  He didnt even seem to notice that he was affecting reality around him.  One minute, he would be explaining the nature of the white void, and yet the next, he would claim that the table he just manifested had always been there, it had just previously not been seen.

Christes continued to attempt to learn the ways of the mad telepath.  Perhaps she could manifest Tradan back to her?  Or manifest a door back to Blockedlance?  She focused all her thought on that which she wanted to be, and make it so.  Nothing.  There was nothing.  She could not manifest a thing out of the whiteness.  Oh well....she had 10,000 years to practice.  In time she would get it right......

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1269 on: November 07, 2009, 03:05:52 am »

Alright, MrGimp, what's in store for Grigrak next? Maybe he should spend a thousand summers hitchhiking through the void before returning to kill Queen Urist? Or maybe he should get right back to it and possess another doomed victim?

I have no idea what will happen to Grigrak....

I like the idea of incarnating him into the Tax Collector....but I already killed this years tax collector.   ;D

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1270 on: November 07, 2009, 03:15:52 am »

Howdy. I used to post as Guy Montag untill my computer ate shit, exploded, and I forgot my password.

So what is Baron von Montague doing these days? Head of the Soviet Supreme is muy excellente, thats how I envisioned the guy. A power-hungry, conniving bureaucrat with an axe. The historial Soviet Supreme ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Soviet) isn't much different.

As it stands now, with the coup defeated and Queen Urist now clamped down on the of populace with a stanglehold and degree of power greater then ever before. With the duke under her thumb, all malcontents dead, time traveling save-loss quantum implosions and all resistance ritualistically stained on Urist's gentialia, the fortress seems to be once again under the old 1984 style dictatorship where no lesser can possibly displace the Queen.

Still, you'd wonder if the folks in Letterclose would be concerned that their queen is copulating in dwarf blood and is causing their demon invasion problem. That bit of Demon Meat they offered for sale almost seems like warning, like the horse head in your bed to tell you you are out of line.

Doh!

I forgot I promised the head of the stonecutters to you!  Aw man....I made the Duke (Soviet Travolta) the Supreme Soviet / Soviet Supreme. 

Isnt that like nobles to just come in and swoop shit out of hard working dwarven hands?

Well damnit, Baron von Montague is still a baron, and so what if the Duke gets the TITLE of the Soviet Supreme?  Montague is still the REAL leader of the stonecutters.

hmmmm....might add an interesting plot dynamic within the stonecutters...

Also....as for Letterclose, they dont even exist anymore.  I abandoned and looked in legends, and my civilization is officially dead.  I dont get migrants other than tax collectors and hammerers.  Blockedlance is literally the last outpost of my nation.  When I abandon....thats it.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 07, 2009, 03:23:23 am »

Then where are all the Tax Collectors and Hammerers coming from?

Surely Armok has better things to do than incarnating dwarves and sending them to the slaughterhouse that is Blockedlance.
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 07, 2009, 10:29:09 am »

Blockedlance is literally the last outpost of my nation.  When I abandon....thats it.
Then Mogror will have to find another civilization to poison.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 07, 2009, 05:40:20 pm »

Alright, MrGimp, what's in store for Grigrak next? Maybe he should spend a thousand summers hitchhiking through the void before returning to kill Queen Urist? Or maybe he should get right back to it and possess another doomed victim?

I have no idea what will happen to Grigrak....

I like the idea of incarnating him into the Tax Collector....but I already killed this years tax collector.   ;D

At some point, I hope Grigrak will be able to be a thorn in the side of Queen Urist, as a minor villain (hero?). Maybe Grigrak gets smart, realizing that he should incarnate himself as a threat to Blockedlance. A slightly more than competent goblin commander? Or maybe he's come to audit Blockedlance's finances as the next Tax Collector?

Or maybe he comes as a false prophet of Armok to lead the flock astray!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1274 on: November 07, 2009, 10:04:26 pm »

Blockedlance is literally the last outpost of my nation.  When I abandon....thats it.
Then Mogror will have to find another civilization to poison.

Okay I just checked again, and my civilization is (barely) still alive.  Letterclose is abandoned, we have no settlements besides Blockedlance.  You cant start as a dwarf from my nation in adventure mode, but you can start an outpost from the ageless matched lashes in dawrf mode.

When I abandoned my fort and let it run worldgen a couple years, Urist and everyone else moved off and settled in some old human ruins.  haha  But then they went nomad again after that and didnt settle for ten years.  So I gave up peering into the future and went back to the game.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 164