Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Dope Wars": Second American Civil War  (Read 4364 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: "Dope Wars": Second American Civil War
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 04:13:05 pm »

Hm, I think if the US government ever collapsed Hawaii's independence movement would immediately jump on the chance.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 05:04:07 pm »

Hm, I think if the US government ever collapsed Hawaii's independence movement would immediately jump on the chance.

Well...

Since the US went bankrupt and those who loaned money to the US used it as an excuse to take over parts of the US, right now Japan has annexed Hawaii (you know, since lots of Japanese people live in Hawaii). I guess you could have an Hawaiian indepedence movement, fighting Japan. Or an Hawaii kingdom that is a puppet of Japan. Hm...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 07:30:55 pm »

Well...

Since the US went bankrupt and those who loaned money to the US used it as an excuse to take over parts of the US, right now Japan has annexed Hawaii (you know, since lots of Japanese people live in Hawaii). I guess you could have an Hawaiian indepedence movement, fighting Japan. Or an Hawaii kingdom that is a puppet of Japan. Hm...

You do a disservice to the soldiers of the 100th Infantry Battalion sir.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 08:21:37 pm »

Well...

You do a disservice to the soldiers of the 100th Infantry Battalion sir.
* Servant Corps sighs. Sorry for the disservice.

Japan lended a lot of money to the US. And people who lend money to US get a part of US' territory. And I can't seem to modify it. At least that's the gimmick I got currently. Gah.

At least right now, I guess I'm lucky that I decided that OPEC are allies with the Republic of Texas. If OPEC was allies of anybody other than Texas, I would get lynched.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 08:28:27 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 09:44:55 pm »

At least right now, I guess I'm lucky that I decided that OPEC are allies with the Republic of Texas. If OPEC was allies of anybody other than Texas, I would get lynched.

You probably will anyway.  Of the Texans who know what OPEC is (which is most), they believe that OPEC is a rich amalgamation of Al Qaeda mullahs and old-school Bond villains.  The idea of an alliance is plausible (the people who would arrange such a thing certainly know better), but it wouldn't have a lot of public acknowledgment, or if it does, popular support, if it happened at all.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Samyotix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 07:24:14 am »

I believe OPEC shouldn't get along too badly with a rich amalgamation of funnymentalist Christians and old-school Jim Beam villains, which is how much of the outside world claims to perceive Texas *G*

Utterly nonrelated to this: My current favorite web comic sheds light on what PCs do for a hobby when we're not watching:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=176
Pages: 1 [2]