Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like me to make a new edition of Bajo Flores mafia?

Yes, I'll play!
I don't care, I won't play.
Yes! I'll play and be very active
Yes but I want to suggest some changes like...
No.  It looks boring.
Can't hurt.  Maybe I'll play.
Bajo what?
Only if it starts when there are less ongoing mafias

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: MAFIA: Bajo Flores druglords (FOREVER NIGHT) (NEW POLL: Vote now)  (Read 27212 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAFIA: Bajo Flores druglords (DAY 1)
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 10:11:24 pm »

Yes, the nukewagon seems to be a bad idea. Hrmm, that gives me a great idea.
*imagines a dwarven wagon filled with nukes* Now how would I mod this into my game?

Anyway I will abstain from voting.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 11:44:29 pm »

I vote No Lynch. Wait until the kills happen, good roles do their thing, and see what the clues are.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2009, 03:56:16 am »

Inalucts an elf mafia guy! Strifes RPG Thread is proof!

I vote Nuke
Though I didn't have that much of a case against NUKE either, hopping in the bandwagon without giving any reason is suspicious. I point my FoS at Org and unvote as I don't want any accidents happening.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2009, 04:23:11 am »

Don't worry people... I'll give day 1 enough time to discuss.  I'm not sticking to my 48hs deadline or anything yet because I don't see it necessary... I'll let you play as in mafiascum.  Take your time, talk all you need... and when you reach the necessary votes I'll move on.

Vote Count #1° With 13° alive it takes 7° to lynch!
NUKE9.13 - (2) a1s, Org.
No Lynch - (1) Cheetar.

Not Voting: A_Fey_Dwarf, Flintus10, Inaluct, Karlito, LASD, NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, penguinofhonor, webadict, Zaithemaster.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:58:23 am by Alexhans »
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2009, 06:18:14 am »

I shall abstain from voting for now

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2009, 08:58:52 am »

I don't know, you try to make an honest living, and people accuse you of mafiaring just because you built your shack next to what turns out to be the HQ of a mafia group. I mean, come on. If we say that those whose houses have been destroyed are mafia members, can anyone claim innocence?

On a
completely unrelated side note, have you ever noticed how evil people can't point right?

Also, I am not an elf. I may or may not be a human.

Suspicion in these early times should go out to those who do not speak. In this case only Penguin has not spoken. Then again, he has a haphazardish nature.
Also, Karlito said almost nothing.

Long Live United Forenia!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:50 am »

Well its not like there's much to say.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2009, 11:50:57 am »

I am not an elf.

Anyway, I'll abstain until we get some more enlightened discussion than Panda making a joke and people dog piling NUKE for saying that he isn't in the mafia.
Then what information should we use? What information do we have?

Obviously, we can either choose at random one of us (especially the quiet ones), or we can simply let a night pass, possibly getting us killed as a result.

However, I truly doubt NUKE9.13 is a scum at all and blaming him for RPing is a stupid vote.

NUKE9.13, as no one can see the truthfulness of other's statements, why would you claim to be a Townie? It doesn't really say anything, it's just strange.

In this game there are at least 4 baddies (OP says that there's 2 per mafia) and maybe a total of 6, counting the possible Arms Dealer and Serial Killer (Who isn't on either side, but is more likely to kill Townies than Mafia) so even a random lynch should have a good chance at hitting scum.

As we haven't got that much to go on, I'll put some pressure on NUKE9.13 as his claim to not be evil might have been a plan to fool us.

While I agree that a vote needs to happen, your way of attacking the first people to claim a Townie seems illogical and needs to be directed in a more logical fashion.

Inalucts an elf mafia guy! Strifes RPG Thread is proof!

I vote Nuke
Since Org is the third person to jump on the bandwagon, I'll go with it and accuse Org. Considering his lack of real sustenance to his vote, I consider him to be a good target. Especially that bit about inaluct. What does that have to do with this? A simple confusion method, it is. Think, people. Let's lynch us some Mafia.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2009, 12:04:26 pm »

Vote Count #1 With 13 people alive it takes 7 votes to lynch!
NUKE9.13 - (2) a1s, Org.
No Lynch - (1) Cheetar.
a) I'm pretty sure LASD is with us.
b) could you not use black, it's pretty hard to read.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2009, 12:06:05 pm »

Vote Count #1 With 13 people alive it takes 7 votes to lynch!
NUKE9.13 - (2) a1s, Org.
No Lynch - (1) Cheetar.
a) I'm pretty sure LASD is with us.
b) could you not use black, it's pretty hard to read.
A. He unvoted.
B. Everyone else uses Darkling. He also is trying to color coordinate the votes. Maybe variants in color besides white or black would be helpful.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2009, 12:10:00 pm »

um... yes, exactly- back sucks balls in darking. (as for color suggestions: orange is logical, blue is also good [especially to denote people who abstain/vote no lynch])

NUKE9.13 is a scum at all and blaming him for RPing is a stupid vote.
It's not specifically that. With all the mafias and scums, it makes strong statistical sense to lynch someone, and since we don't know who is who yet, it might as well be Nuke.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2009, 12:42:42 pm »

um... yes, exactly- back sucks balls in darking. (as for color suggestions: orange is logical, blue is also good [especially to denote people who abstain/vote no lynch])

NUKE9.13 is a scum at all and blaming him for RPing is a stupid vote.
It's not specifically that. With all the mafias and scums, it makes strong statistical sense to lynch someone, and since we don't know who is who yet, it might as well be Nuke.
It makes more statistical sense to lynch Org. You are just making accusations.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2009, 12:53:14 pm »

I will grant you that it makes equal sense to lynch org, but how does it make more sense?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2009, 02:39:45 pm »

Because Mafia are more likely to jump on the bandwagon after two people are on it. It makes more sense, since it directs attention away from the Mafia and toward the starter of a bandwagon.

Of course, it's also good if the starter of a bandwagon is also a Mafia, as I'm starting to suspect, since it can create a cause for blaming the starter to distance away from them. It wasn't random voting you were using, but going after the first person to say he's a Townie, making your accusation sound like a joke so as to avoid suspicion (as well as misquoting him), AND you sound as if you're protecting Org.

Clearly, it makes more statistical sense to lynch Org, since voting for you is clearly less likely to get any results, in spite of my evidence. But, I've got my FOS pointed at you. NUKE9.13 has shown little evidence showing he is Mafia.

Also, is this card-flip or not?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2009, 04:26:10 pm »

The problem with that argument is that if the person is not mafia, they will not jump on the wagon. and considering how few affirmative votes we had, I think that to be the case.
Speaking of, you have been voicing the most resistance to the "nukewagon"... :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16