Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like me to make a new edition of Bajo Flores mafia?

Yes, I'll play!
I don't care, I won't play.
Yes! I'll play and be very active
Yes but I want to suggest some changes like...
No.  It looks boring.
Can't hurt.  Maybe I'll play.
Bajo what?
Only if it starts when there are less ongoing mafias

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: MAFIA: Bajo Flores druglords (FOREVER NIGHT) (NEW POLL: Vote now)  (Read 27213 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: MAFIA: Bajo Flores druglords (DAY 1)
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2009, 04:39:37 pm »

Wow. All I am going to say is this. YOU ARE AN IDIOT. Really? If I want to lynch someone, and that I KNOW NO ONE IS GOING TO VOTE FOR BECAUSE ITS TURN 1, makes me mafia. Hmmmm, that makes sense. You must be mafia, and are blaming me.

I unvote. I vote no one. As this will make it better.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2009, 04:50:19 pm »

The problem with that argument is that if the person is not mafia, they will not jump on the wagon. and considering how few affirmative votes we had, I think that to be the case.
Speaking of, you have been voicing the most resistance to the "nukewagon"... :-\
Quite. I think if you're going to lynch someone, do it with more evidence. And I never said that someone in the Mafia wouldn't jump on the bandwagon, only that the third or fourth person to do so is often a Mafia member.

Wow. All I am going to say is this. YOU ARE AN IDIOT. Really? If I want to lynch someone, and that I KNOW NO ONE IS GOING TO VOTE FOR BECAUSE ITS TURN 1, makes me mafia. Hmmmm, that makes sense. You must be mafia, and are blaming me.

I unvote. I vote no one. As this will make it better.
Not necessarily. It's just more likely that you are Mafia. Much more likely than NUKE9.13. Let's not play the Strawman argument and instead find a rationale. You've also tried to shift blame from you to me.

Shifting your vote around does not help your case, showing instead some form of Wishy-Washy voting, instead of simply voicing your reason to jump on a bandwagon. Now if you could give a reason, any at all, I'd be less inclined to think you are a Mafia member. However, until that point, I shall continue to vote you.

Also, why neither of you tried to vote for me is very suspicious, seeing as how I would be the most likely person to vote for, if you were a Townie.

Flags are being raised here, and I hope I'm not the only one seeing them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2009, 04:56:13 pm »

Lynching me will be killing a townie. This will be like with Inaluct(I think)in the DF Mafia Thread, where we had this big page with just him and me, back and forth. However, I was an elf. But I am not Mafia. Lets not jump on the Lynchwagon.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2009, 05:01:34 pm »

And I never said that someone in the Mafia wouldn't jump on the bandwagon
that's the point though- they would, if there was a chance of a free townie kill. But they haven't. This isn't, not by a long shot, proof that nuke and you are in the mafia together. It just raises the probability slightly.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 05:22:29 pm »

And I never said that someone in the Mafia wouldn't jump on the bandwagon
that's the point though- they would, if there was a chance of a free townie kill. But they haven't. This isn't, not by a long shot, proof that nuke and you are in the mafia together. It just raises the probability slightly.
I suppose if someone found NUKE9.13 to be in the Mafia, it would make me look suspicious by association. Or if anyone cares to check me, they'll find I'm clearly on the Town's side.

I wouldn't mind being checked, actually. I could prove my innocence and hopefully find those within the Mafia using logic. Unfortunately, as I've only so little from which to glean information, I shall use it to the fullest extent.

However, I realize that only you, Org, and I seem to be talking, leaving all others free to hide. The true pro-Town's would help us try to find Mafia. Not sit back and watch us argue.

Why is everyone so quiet?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 05:26:47 pm »

So you might not be mafia.

But no one else is helping making me suspicious.....

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 05:28:20 pm »

Sure, I'll vote Org. Also, for my inactivity, there's never really much to say on the first day.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 05:32:03 pm »

I am not an elfmafia person.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2009, 05:51:07 pm »

Why is everyone so quiet?

Because we have stuff do in real life during the day? o,0

I still see no reason to vote for anybody on this first day. Nobody has been too suspicious yet in my opinion.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2009, 06:03:02 pm »

I guess people are quiet as they fear that they will be accused of being mafia, want to survive as long as possible and haven't played these kind of games much before.

And you make almost enough sense and accusations for most of us, webadict. Though Org has more convincing defence than in DF Mafia (which still isn't that convinving, as he becomes provoked quite easily) and a1s has a defence this time.

My suspicions lie still at Org (though I feel that he's just inexperienced) and now some at a1s too, but I'm more concerned about all the quiet "no one, abstain"-people. There just nothing to go on with them. And for the mafia, quietly watching other people argue and vote each other is quite good situation.

But then, what about you, webadict, are you a particularly twisted piece of scum trying to get our trust by being very active or are you just a concerned Townie? You're the most experienced player here I assume, so you might be able to pull something devious like that off, but still think that the mafia is more likely to be found from the silent crowd.

Would people speak more if the 1st night had passed?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2009, 06:06:25 pm »

I mostly not saying much, because, again, there's not much to say on the first day.  We can bicker back and forth a bunch, but the prevailing trend has always been no lynch on the the first day and it seems like that will continue.  The 1st night always brings some enlightenment.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2009, 07:03:14 pm »

But then, what about you, webadict, are you a particularly twisted piece of scum trying to get our trust by being very active or are you just a concerned Townie? You're the most experienced player here I assume, so you might be able to pull something devious like that off, but still think that the mafia is more likely to be found from the silent crowd.

Would people speak more if the 1st night had passed?
Sure, I do seem pretty suspicious, trying to lead the group to lynch someone based off mere suspicions. I think waiting until the first night to act will likely get us killed instead of helping us, though. Maybe other people disagree, but there is more to learn in lynching than watching others die. Watch how everyone votes, talks, and acts (or rather, doesn't, as it may be).

Can somebody do a post count on people before this point?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2009, 07:06:47 pm »

*Been gone all day*

Org is soundly at the top of my suspicion list.

I'll unvote for now and watch how this unfolds...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2009, 08:06:48 pm »

I have to agree with webadict, this by the way, is the reason why in live games they almost always lynch on the first night, even though it seems detrimental at a glance.

P.S. not to be anal, but you didn't cast any votes yet, panda, and can't unvote. you can however abstain.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2009, 09:40:17 pm »

Can somebody do a post count on people before this point?
This is count is up to this post, inclusive.
Code: [Select]
- Org 5
- Inaluct 2
- Zaithemaster 2
- Karlito 4
- A_Fey_Dwarf 1
- webadict 8
- penguinofhonor 1
- Pandarsenic 3
- Cheeetar 1
- Flintus10 1
- a1s 7
- LASD 3
- NUKE9.13 3
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:50:11 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16