Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781048 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

This.  Heck, I considered Pyro to be one of the classes good for a beginner to start on, because it didn't take too much to play on a level where they could hold their own.  And skilled players could still take the Pyro to an entirely different level. 

Meet the new Heavy!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

As someone pointed out earlier, a class should not be gimped to the point of being nearly unplayable simply because they're using the default equipment.
That would be me  :-\
I don't know where he's coming from. I use AB against everyone, not just demo/soldier/uber/bonk. If you control how your opponent moves, you can throw every fire you got on his face.

My default set for the pyro is: Flamethrower, Flare, Wrecker/Axtinguisher. I almost never use the backburner and I don't really see a need to use it to keep a K/D ratio higher than 1.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

As someone pointed out earlier, a class should not be gimped to the point of being nearly unplayable simply because they're using the default equipment.
That would be me  :-\
I don't know where he's coming from. I use AB against everyone, not just demo/soldier/uber/bonk. If you control how your opponent moves, you can throw every fire you got on his face.

My default set for the pyro is: Flamethrower, Flare, Wrecker/Axtinguisher. I almost never use the backburner and I don't really see a need to use it to keep a K/D ratio higher than 1.

You are missing the point. To work that equipment so well you require skill, which newbies - who only have that equipment - do not have.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I will further affirm that the pyro nerf was extreme and more than necessary. I killed plenty of pyros before, now it feels like they're not really a threat. Maybe if the angle for crits was increased, but that is still not what the class' other skills lend him to.

On a lighter note, I've begun hammer-tampering. Tell me what stupid (and small) first map I should make.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think people were referring to the Axestinguisher.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Not sure. I've seen quite a few pyros without it lately. Apparently being able to melee effectively without having someone on fire is pretty darn good as I got killed by a plain axe a few times by a pro pyro. I have to try that setting myself to see if it's better in certain settings.

When I was a newbie, I found the pyro to be a hard class to play, to be honest. In fact, it's the last class I actually got the hang of. I went somewhere in the lines of:

heavy -> engie -> demo -> scout -> sniper -> spy -> medic -> soldier -> pyro

Even tho heavy was my first class, I can't really play it effectively. I think the class and equipment I play good with depends a -lot- on the map I'm playing.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used to be really good at being a Spy. I have 100 hours as a Spy. I loved the options the Cloak and Dagger gave me.

And you know what? I hate playing Spy now. I just can't do it anymore.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I tend to shy away from spy because I get so stressed playing as him.  Funny enough my least stressful class is medic.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Mine is demo I think. I stayed alive for 10:16 in one life on a demo today on vengeance or revenge or whatever the map with an upper and lower bridge with the lower going to sewers.

By the way, is there a Bay12 server to play on or a tag I should put on my name?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

The Bay 12 server hasn't been busy... there is the [DFC] tag, for the Dwarf Fortress Community group. That's not specifically Bay 12 though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

The Bay 12 server hasn't been busy... there is the [DFC] tag, for the Dwarf Fortress Community group. That's not specifically Bay 12 though.
...If you're going to say "Bay 12 server" and then say the DFC isn't specifically Bay 12, you're contradicting yourself.

DFC group page here:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dwarfortress?
DFC TF2 server IP:
217.163.31.206:27015

We'll be having a scheduled game tomorrow.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tend to shy away from spy because I get so stressed playing as him.  Funny enough my least stressful class is medic.

Kinda goes with the first law of spying: "Everyone is out to kill you. Even your own team."

At least as a medic it's only the other team.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 07:28:29 pm by returntonull »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Spy is my main; I can regularly top scoreboards as it but I don't find it as fun as I used to. Also, its unlocks are all useless in a typical scenario so my playstyle hasn't changed at ALL with the update.

I made the mistake of branching out to pyro before this update. >_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spy is my main; I can regularly top scoreboards as it but I don't find it as fun as I used to. Also, its unlocks are all useless in a typical scenario so my playstyle hasn't changed at ALL with the update.

Ha. Totally. The Cloak and Dagger is at least good on Defend maps, but the Ambassador and Dead Ringer are really more gimmicky than useful.

Could always jump on Heavy. I always tend to think of Pyro as basically a faster heavy with less damage and less range. Ninja Heavies are scary.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

The problem with C&D and DR is that they force you to work more to manage your cloak, and any time you're managing your cloak you aren't, say, sapping a sentry as a demoman or pyro rounds the corner or backstabbing a medic.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 774