Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781939 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

I noticed that the first shot of the revolver always seems to be perfectly accurate, with a two second or so cooldown time. No headshot crits, but it does allow one to shoot targets far away.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed that the first shot of the revolver always seems to be perfectly accurate, with a two second or so cooldown time. No headshot crits, but it does allow one to shoot targets far away.

Pretty much, the timing is about reload time. So shoot, reload, shoot, reload, will get you always perfectly accurate shots.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Autoreload, which normally make the Ambassador inoperable as every other second your screen is completely covered by the reload animation, is useful here for timing.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first shot of any rapid fire weapon is straigh-down-the-barrel accurate. This includes Sasha, by the way. So if you're trying to shoot a Sniper from far away, shoot one shot every ~1.7 seconds or so (that's about how long it takes to reset).
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

its 1.25 seconds

Dummkopfs

also , the Targe and Eyelander seems quite overpowered , one targe'd slash is enough to Decapitate a Soldier , and thats what i usally play

one Targe'd slash is enough to reduce a heavy's health right down to 25 , provided if you charged the lenght needed to get a full out Crit
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 06:29:56 am by Ze Spy »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile

Targe is hard to get up close, the pyro, heavy, soldier and demo all have the ability to foil a charge.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Solutions: be scout (move sideways, or FAN-jump over him while shooting his head as you go to REALLY piss him off), rocketjump away, airblast (if you backburn you deserve to eat sword anyway), pipebomb him, let him run onto stickies, or sticky jump away, be heavy (superfast spinup and tight cone will make a mess of him before he gets near, sandvich after if he hits you 'cause it can't kill you), be near a sentry, sidestep as any class.

That's readily available counters for 5 of the classes, a solution that's easy to set up for a sixth. Sniper can sidestep-jarate-noscope to deal with the Eyelander's range boost, Spy can shoot him or just go "fuck it" and turn invis then run, medic just has to avoid the first hit and run until it finds someone eager to help in return for healing or can run-and-syringe between the Targe's charge-up times.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

Demoknight is fun to play but its not really a serious problem for the opponent. Chargin' Tards used to be annoying right after the update when there was a lot of them. Now, if I get decapitated (and that never happens if I see it coming) I just go huh?, laugh and carry on. Its like getting sniped or backstabbed really.

What is really scary is if the demo caps 4 heads and switches to sticky launcher. If hes careful he can hold his ground for quite some time like that.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

What is wrong with the Backburner?
I like using it. I sneak up on enemy team, flame them, and usually most die.

Sooo, what server?

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

Before the Flamethrower damage nerf the Backburner was the symbol of the "w + mouse 1" Pyro. Now its quite useful as long as you take the side routes to the enemy and don't get caught up in soldier/demospam since it kills faster.

It changed from being a giant "I am a noob" sign to an actual sidegrade.

PS: Lets not go back to the pyro nerf discussion.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

I am on now. I assume we are on PCs?

Anyway, profile name is Org

Add me as a friend.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:44:13 am by Org »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Yesterday as a heavy I melee killed a pyro. This should not occur.

Anyway, Hammer is a really annoying tool.  :-\
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyway, Hammer is a really annoying tool.  :-\

Welcome to just about every map editor ever. Although I kinda do wish carve worked correctly, or that it didn't flip out over certain vertex tortured shapes.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

I've killed just about every class as every other class with melee.  If you get a crit, or they just don't turn around, you embarrass them which is as it should be.

The Pyro has his speed working for him.  It's kinda like if you pummeled a scout to death...
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just as TF2 had its 119'th update, this thread shall have its 119'th page!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 774