Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781105 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

As far as crits go, I don't really like them. I think that 'fun' factors which are dubiously fair (for which there is plenty of room) should be more spectacular than sometimes doing a lot of damage- a sudden, "Hey guess what, half gravity for 60 seconds!" can be silly and make players think on their feet. Crits don't really invoke any strategy (other than knowing that sometimes you just die, so don't bet everything on one charge).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Volatar, you might've run into the Announcement Duplication glitch, where you get... well, the name says it all, really. You get the same announcement multiple times.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

Nope. All different announcements.

On crits: I like 'em.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crits only annoy me when a soldier randomly crockets me apart.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

I like crits because they're not strategic.  If they were, it would take away the point of them...

Also, I wish I could make Steam not pop up with stupid event announcements or even "your friend is now playing X" most of the time.  I've got, like, four people who I care if they're playing.  Everyone else, I'd be happy to MANUALLY open my friends list and see "Oh hey, five of my buddies are on that server, I think I'll join it".  As it is, I choose not to have friends, instead.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

I dislike crits, but only because they NEVER work in my favor. I'm a spy with the ambassador. I don't get crits, just headshots and backstabs.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's an option in settings that lets you disable friend announcements.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As far as crits go, I don't really like them. I think that 'fun' factors which are dubiously fair (for which there is plenty of room) should be more spectacular than sometimes doing a lot of damage- a sudden, "Hey guess what, half gravity for 60 seconds!" can be silly and make players think on their feet. Crits don't really invoke any strategy (other than knowing that sometimes you just die, so don't bet everything on one charge).

That's actually a good idea. What if every weapon's crits were different? Instead of crockets being nukes that deal ~300 damage to anything that DARES to get hit, instead it does normal damage, but has a triple blast radius and triple pushback. Flamethrower? Afterburn does triple damage and last three times as long. Scattergun shoots three times as many bullets . Crit pistol? Every shot is moved 300% closer to the center of the crosshair. Minigun? Shoot three times as many bullets per second.

Unlockables can get into the fun too. Crit jarate makes covered enemies take FULL CRITS! Blutsauger heals you for 9 health per needle. Ubersaw gives you 75% ubercharge right there. Natasha triples the slowdown effect. Eyelander swings should have an a triple-length range.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Do note that the Eyelander does not have random crits, so this would mean that the Targe would grant him an easier time reaching heads.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eyelander swings should have an a triple-length range.

Medic with kritzkrieg + Demoman = "WHAT THE HELL"

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Also, I wish I could make Steam not pop up with stupid event announcements or even "your friend is now playing X" most of the time.  I've got, like, four people who I care if they're playing.  Everyone else, I'd be happy to MANUALLY open my friends list and see "Oh hey, five of my buddies are on that server, I think I'll join it".  As it is, I choose not to have friends, instead.
Wha? But you can! At least the friends part. It's pretty silly not to have any friends when you can just go into Settings in Steam, click the Friends tab, look at the Notifications & Sounds part of it, look at the When any Friend joins a game, and uncheck the box next to "Display a notification."
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Eyelander swings should have an a triple-length range.
Better: energy wave attack, only usable with a targe and full health.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do note that the Eyelander does not have random crits, so this would mean that the Targe would grant him an easier time reaching heads.

I was going under the assumption that crits would no longer deal triple damage. Maybe double damage?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Now there's an idea for a mod.  Reskin the eyelander to a master sword, remodel/skin the targe to a hylian shield.  Give demoman a green hat.  Mod the new eyelander to replace the heads mechanic with a (weakish) swirling energy beam when the demoman has full hp.  Replace the targe's charge with a flat 50% chance to nullify (shieldblock) damage taken from the front.  Green hat makes the demoman have a loud annoying beeping sound when low health.  Make the pipe launcher fire little black round fuse bombs with a team colored burning fuse.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:07:16 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

A hat that beeps when you're on low health might be considered a benefit, really. The skin mods you mention wouldn't be too hard, but... eh. Maybe just plain as skin mods.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 774