Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781779 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

What would that replace, though? Shotgun?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Saxton Hale is one manly motherf**ker

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Secondary weapon. It means that your only means of causing damage is close range, but you have a tool to do as such.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been thinking. The Pyro is an ambush class. He has no tools to ambush aside from the innate talent of everybody with a physical body to hide behind a corner or stand over a ledge. Now the Demoman is good at setting up ambushes. He can stick sticky grenades anywhere he wants and use the places nobody looks to set traps. Such would be a good strategy for the Pyro. But allowing the Pyro access to anywhere is just insane. What, are you asking for him to have a compression blast jump?

No, climbing gloves.

Basically any flat vertical surface would grant the pyro the ability to climb up it. If there is a flat ledge he can crawl onto it. Any obstructions will block his movement, so he can't climb past wall features, onto ceilings or across corners. The wall can have some curve and perhaps some small bumps can be avoided, but for the most part this means manmade walls and such. As such this ability is very limited when it comes to mobility. However, when it comes to ambushing things are a lot more open. He won't be able to fire when on a wall but as soon as he uses M1 to release from the wall he takes out his primary weapon and M2 for his melee weapon. The idea is the ability to hang over doorways and drop down to ambush foes who normally don't look up.

There's actually some goofy mod, that gives the Pyro 'disguise-jutsu' which lets them hide inside a barrel. Highly amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbqwz6oja-s

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

I've been thinking. The Pyro is an ambush class. He has no tools to ambush aside from the innate talent of everybody with a physical body to hide behind a corner or stand over a ledge. Now the Demoman is good at setting up ambushes. He can stick sticky grenades anywhere he wants and use the places nobody looks to set traps. Such would be a good strategy for the Pyro. But allowing the Pyro access to anywhere is just insane. What, are you asking for him to have a compression blast jump?

No, climbing gloves.

Basically any flat vertical surface would grant the pyro the ability to climb up it. If there is a flat ledge he can crawl onto it. Any obstructions will block his movement, so he can't climb past wall features, onto ceilings or across corners. The wall can have some curve and perhaps some small bumps can be avoided, but for the most part this means manmade walls and such. As such this ability is very limited when it comes to mobility. However, when it comes to ambushing things are a lot more open. He won't be able to fire when on a wall but as soon as he uses M1 to release from the wall he takes out his primary weapon and M2 for his melee weapon. The idea is the ability to hang over doorways and drop down to ambush foes who normally don't look up.

Interesting idea. I'd use it, if only occasionally since I love my shotgun.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Pyro is about speed and flanking, not really ambush. The trick is to be where they don't expect you using your speed alone.

The demo needs time to set up his ambush, and once it's set, it can't move. The pyro shouldn't ambush around corners, it should ambush from behind. Take a not-often-used side path, and get their medics in the back.  ;D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

!!!!!!

Idea!

Smoke grenade/smoke bomb. Make it happen. Holy shit.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

!!!!!!

Idea!

Smoke grenade/smoke bomb. Make it happen. Holy shit.
This idea is awesome and you should feel awesome just for thinking of it.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Seconded. Smoke is hard to draw consistently on different hardware, though. So it's not going to happen.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Bah, all it has to do is limit the visibility of all players within a certain radius. There doesn't have to be any actual smoke.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

So more of a flashbang?

But yeah, wallclimbing does open some alternate routes only vertical access classes could access, like soldier and demoman. Not every one as wallclimbing is a lot more limited in how many routes one can access, but it does increase the mobility in a small way. And it allows you to hit from behind when somebody walks out from under you.

But yeah, the Pyro does need some tool for being mobile. That is the only way people could take him seriously as a class. Either mobility or some method of sneaking up on a dude. The only ways I can see it happening are if they grant the Pyro some method of accessing alternate routes or grant him better awareness of what is going on. Both open up the possibilities of a skilled player finding the weak points in the enemies advance and take advantage of it by being able to position themself correctly.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I don't know what you're complaining about. Right now people take me very seriously as a pyro...  :D

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That mod up there has a flashbang sticky that Demomen can deploy.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

VS SAXTON HALE MODE YAY

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

I think the Engy update is going to contain the Trading update, like the War! update gave us crafting and the Spy/per update had the item drop system (which led to Valve not including Milestones for them at first).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 774