Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781078 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Laser sentry? Possibly a laser that does fire damage. Longer range perhaps? Or perhaps it's a target painter for something ungodly?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I kinda understand if they do that.  I imagine it would be easier to make steam just download the updated file then risk something not going quite right with the modifications to the file and having lord knows what happening.

Of course I only ever 'programmed' using stuff like Visual Logic, Alice, Game Maker, Carnage Heart, and RPG Maker.  So I could very well be talking out of my ass.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Pay careful attention to the new sentry in the bottom, and the new unknown headshot icon.
More like headexplode icon. Red mist has nothing on this.

And yeah, what is the IP of the randomizer server you guys use? I can't seem to find it again. At least a semi-active server.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

300MB for all that?
Wahaha.

You have to redownload two maps and several huge images, among other things. The common theory is there's also parts of the Engineer Update, but I don't buy that one so much. Maps really are that big.

Valve's maps are -huge- in file size compared to most customs, so yes.

And if its been around since the war update, and considering the color. It was probably whatever they were going to give the demo.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Valve's maps are -huge- in file size compared to most customs, so yes.
They spend all that space on their precious 'valve geometry' to fuck over players in tight situations.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The headshot icon is supposedly a beta icon for the Ambassador.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Randomizer should be broken since valve removed custom item-ability from the servers. At least it broke when they did that. It also broke team portress. If they managed to get randomizer back, I want to play it again. :D

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

So I've come up with a new theme for my contest entry, still for the Pyro: Dodgeball.

No, no. Not real life dodgeball. The TF2 fan-made game-mode dodgeball!

I shall have a new rocket as a melee weapon. Umi wants it to be on fire so that it's more Pyro-y, but I'm kind of eh on that idea, unless it's just the tail that's on fire.
I'm thinking of doing a hat that is an exercise headband, like this except thicker and not as wide.

And I'll think of another weapon. That may mean another Flamethrower, but I dunno. I was thinking of doing a flaming (actual) dodgeball for "replacing" the Flare Gun. However, that would mean doing my own animations, which I'm not too keen on. I'm not likely to do this, but there is a month and the other two items should be relatively easy in comparison.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wait, derp. Of course they're going to try and do the Engineer update at the same time as they release TF2 for Mac. What was the schedule? Every other Wednesday? So HL2 was this week... So I'd be willing to lay money on Engineer update June 9thish.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got the Equalizer! Now I don't need any more weapons :D Feels good, man.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Spoiler: READ NAOW (click to show/hide)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't you DARE include me in your psychotic ravings!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

I...don't think that belongs in this thread, Org.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

You should probably remove the part where we take jabs at each other over Mafia.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Yeah I read that and now I am tainted with knowing stuff I shouldn't.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 774