Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781367 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And yeah, what is the IP of the randomizer server you guys use? I can't seem to find it again. At least a semi-active server.
173.192.202.56:27015, that is likely the only one left. And it's arena-only. The non-arena randomizer was more fun as you could play really long stretches with some ridiculous crazy awesome combination. Like a spy with a rocket launcher.

Running on to Org on there was a surprise to say the least. Though I've run into Yanlin a few times without meaning to too.

And yeah, that quoted conversation has about 2% to do with TF2.

EDIT P.S.
Oh wait, derp. Of course they're going to try and do the Engineer update at the same time as they release TF2 for Mac. What was the schedule? Every other Wednesday? So HL2 was this week... So I'd be willing to lay money on Engineer update June 9thish.
I was thinking the exact same. I bet Valve is working their ass off to get the game to a playable framerate for Mac.

EDIT 2 P.S.2
And I'll think of another weapon. That may mean another Flamethrower, but I dunno.
Maybe a sporty Flamethrower that looks like it was meant for Dodgeball? With exaggerated airblasting capabilities and the flamethrowing seeming like the side function.

Also, what programs are you using to make the models? I'd like to see if I can do anything at all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 05:06:57 am by LASD »

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist

The new update added kill icon for the new community weapons and one more...

oh god
is that
I think it is
a new kill icon unused as of now
its a laser sentry icon

a laser sentry icon

a laser sentry icon
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

EDIT 2 P.S.2
And I'll think of another weapon. That may mean another Flamethrower, but I dunno.
Maybe a sporty Flamethrower that looks like it was meant for Dodgeball? With exaggerated airblasting capabilities and the flamethrowing seeming like the side function.
Yeah, that's what I'm going for if I do a Flamethrower, but I'm going to have some difficulty making it really look like it's meant for Dodgeball. I think I may have 2 things on each side of a smaller nozzle which are meant to release airblasts.

Also, what programs are you using to make the models? I'd like to see if I can do anything at all.
I'm pretty new to modeling for TF2 and Source in general, so you probably shouldn't take advice from me, but I'm just using Blender, GIMP, and assorted plugins. And maybe various other programs if they're needed.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

I havent been able to play for a couple days now, due to the Steam servers being "Busy" all the time...

I need to fix this soon!

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

The only unused kill icon? I see a black headshot icon where the victim's head is EXPLODING.
That is much, much cooler than a damn laser sentry.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

You know, I remember seeing that turret icon before somewhere. So I don't know if it's actually new to this update.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

My mic was all not cool.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Yea I couldn't hear you the whole time dude.  It would put up an indicator you were trying to talk, and you wouldn't completely blank out player speakers like some folks with that problem, but we couldn't hear ya either.

All I can say is to check stuff, like your sound input settings on yer OS, any driver settings you may have, check the voice chat stuff in steam, and check it ingame, making sure you can hear yourself in the playback.  Also make sure your mic isn't muted or set really low.  Believe it or not half the time I try to help somebody with their mics they just had the damn thing muted or off.  It's a common, silly mistake.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

I had all of it set up!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any stat-addicts here? I know I am and I found a page that makes extensive stats of TF2 a while ago, imaginitively named tf2stats.net.

Here's my stats for example. You have to register to get more detailed stats, but without that there's still interesting stuff to look at. Like seeing the differences on average kills and points per hour for every class. And noticing I've "only" played 249 hours as opposed to the 427 hours Steam claims I have.

There's also weapon and hat usage statistics, which I find interesting.

Also also, they just launched even more extensive stat gathering on a certain set of servers which one can join with a simple command to the server's autoexec. Publicity and stats. I think I'll bug Nilocy about it. :P
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:48:17 am by LASD »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I'm not a stat addict but you did prompt me to check out my own.  It seems my estimate of 300 solly hours was an overestimation.  It was 200 about a year ago, seems my branching out to sniper and pyro made my solly hours not go up as much as I thought.  Oh well.

Here's my stats anyway.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's my stats for example. You have to register to get more detailed stats, but without that there's still interesting stuff to look at. Like seeing the differences on average kills and points per hour for every class. And noticing I've "only" played 249 hours as opposed to the 427 hours Steam claims I have.

tf2stats is just totaling up your visible hours via your stats page. Steam has a better idea of your real total hours, even if it doesn't have stats for all of it. I've reset mine so much that I've probably got something close to 250-300 total hours as spy. With current recorded total at only 90.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steam's launcher says I've played TF2 for 82 hours, and TF2Stats says I've played for 31. I'm more inclined to trust steam's launcher.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Those TF2 stats thing are cool. I'll sign the DFC server up to it :D

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Jakkarra did not sound as I thought he would.

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 774