Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777753 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think a Sentry being left at level 2 is a pretty good distinction of it not being a regular sentry.

You're running by as a disguised Spy 500 hammer units away. Can you instantly recognize that sentry as different from a normal level 2? No, you can't. I can barely tell a level 2 from a level 3 just from looking, let alone this thing who's only difference is a small pipe on the top.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can barely tell a level 2 from a level 3 just from looking, let alone this thing who's only difference is a small pipe on the top.

Ceci ne pas une pipe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure why you posted a picture of a level three sentry with it's rocket launcher circled. Did you perhaps miss the "let alone this thing who's only difference is..." part?

Maybe pipe wasn't the right word, I kind of meant green wiring.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Watch it'll make a distinct beep noise.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile

It'll sense spies.

Just spies. And just make angry robot noises at them.
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we're looking at the good ole' sentry. If you're gonna make a new sentry gun, it should be REALLY unique, you know? Valve knows this, I know this, everybody knows this.

They're not going to strap some wires to the top and call it a new gun. They're not going to add some bolts and flatten it slightly (and the flattening is image compression, by the way) and call it a new gun. A new sentry gun will have a new shape. This isn't up for discussion, new sentry = new shape.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It'll sense spies.

That would be pretty effective actually.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

It'll sense spies.

That would be pretty effective actually.
Maybe they'll talk like the sentries from Portal.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

new sentry = new shape.
UNLESS it's a mockup sentry. One that's really hard to kill but doesn't shoot, only meant to deter or confuse players. Or blows up when you hit it from up close, like a bomb in disguise.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile

new sentry = new shape.
UNLESS it's a mockup sentry. One that's really hard to kill but doesn't shoot, only meant to deter or confuse players. Or blows up when you hit it from up close, like a bomb in disguise.

Blows up on a spy when he saps it, perhaps?

Spyhate, har.
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Oh, that's even better.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're just reaching there. If I want to plant a bomb and catch somebody walking by, I'd just play as a Demoman.

Besides, decoys are the Spy's thing (Dead Ringer). Disguising is the Spy's BIGGEST thing. So, logically, a disguised decoy bomb is going to go to... the Engineer?

@Everyone saying the update is going to have some anti-Spy building: I doubt the Engineer's going to get an anti-Spy tool or building (at least not directly, I bet one or more of his weapons is good vs Spies but isn't a direct counter (like how Sandman is good vs Snipers but wasn't designed as a Sniper counter)). He doesn't need the help to kill Spies. And you might think "Oh, but if his stuff's immune to Spies, that'll encourage him to leave his buildings to gather metal or whatever!" Yeah, some people will do that. Most will just turtle and be incredibly hard to get rid off. They don't need any more help since they're already incredibly fucking annoying.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

If they make a sentry decoy it'll be hours or minutes until it gets used to block stuff off and hardly any longer before it gets changed or temporarily removed until it can be changed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I often use the dispenser to block passages. It's a warning sign and slows down people at the same time. I don't see the problem.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Engineer Update Day 2: The Wrangler and pl_upward!
« Reply #4064 on: July 08, 2010, 05:00:26 am »

Heheh, headshotting normal difficulty bots is fun:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The bots had been duking it out by themselves for almost two hours for idling purposes, then I decided to join in as a player and started sniping. I wish I was even close to this good in real games.
You most certainly are. The problem is... your opponents just don't suck as much in real games  ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:40:16 am by Puck »
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 774