Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777735 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Engineer Update OUT!: Gunslinger and Thunder Mountain.
« Reply #4215 on: July 09, 2010, 01:32:42 pm »

I am so pissed.
If I uninstall then reinstall steam, I don't lose any data, right?
I did this once, I lost all my half life 2 saves and was forced to replay the whole story (or cheat). I'm not sure if this is the case now that they've added the new steam cloud feature, but you can never know.

It makes the engineer less reliant on sentries, which definitely isn't a bad thing.
plus those little sentries are pain, they dish out a lot of damage and build in seconds.

I love the ability to move the sentries, you can build them back at the base where it's safe, upgrade, and deploy. Under attack? Pack up, move somewhere safe, and repair.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:41:49 pm by ILikePie »

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: July 09, 2010, 01:47:58 pm »

The gunslinger hand seems really pointless. You get a slight health increase, but do less damage and can't repair or upgrade your sentry.

If it was a different sentry, or could be placed on walls or something, then fair doos. But at the moment it just seems like a complete waste of space. :(

Gunslinger is awesome beyond all comprehension. I am never taking it off again. My team will have to pry it from my cold dead stump of an arm.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: July 09, 2010, 01:49:09 pm »

I am so pissed.
If I uninstall then reinstall steam, I don't lose any data, right?
I did this once, I lost all my half life 2 saves and was forced to replay the whole story (or cheat). I'm not sure if this is the case now that they've added the new steam cloud feature, but you can never know.

It makes the engineer less reliant on sentries, which definitely isn't a bad thing.
plus those little sentries are pain, they dish out a lot of damage and build in seconds.

I love the ability to move the sentries, you can build them back at the base where it's safe, upgrade, and deploy. Under attack? Pack up, move somewhere safe, and repair.
If by a lot you mean half the already small damage of a normal sentry...
Also I don't think making the engy less reliant on his sentries is good. You may as well make the sniper less reliant on headshots or the medic less reliant on healing/ubering people.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: July 09, 2010, 01:49:35 pm »

They do less damage than a level 1 sentry...

Forcing the engy to be less reliant on sentries is all well and good, but with no reasonable alternative what's the point? His new shotgun only has three rounds, and is reliant on sentries anyway to get crits. The wrangler is all about senties. This is what I mean, they've given the engy something that should make him more mobile and allow him to work better as a front line offensive player, but the tradeoff for a normal sentry is so not worth it. Especially since you can now pick up and move sentrys anyway!

I dunno, maybe I'm just fundamentally misunderstanding the thing, but to me it seems completely useless.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: July 09, 2010, 02:01:48 pm »

It strikes me too that the massively higher damage of a level 3 sentry is worth having to carry it around. Plus if you carry a level 3 and drop it at the first sign of trouble everyone focuses on it letting you get kills. When someone drops one of the little portable sentries I laugh and kill them before dealing with it.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: July 09, 2010, 03:25:23 pm »

What are the other new maps? There's kind of so many of them that it's hard to keep track of them all and I've only noticed Thunder Mountain.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: July 09, 2010, 03:25:37 pm »

Also I don't think making the engy less reliant on his sentries is good. You may as well make the sniper less reliant on headshots or the medic less reliant on healing/ubering people.
Huntsman and Kritzkrieg?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4222 on: July 09, 2010, 03:29:58 pm »

Funny. I rely on bodyshots more than headshots. They're much easier to do, and they still get the job done. Headshotting is when you wanna show off

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: July 09, 2010, 03:35:00 pm »

Funny. I rely on bodyshots more than headshots. They're much easier to do, and they still get the job done. Headshotting is when you wanna show off

Headshots instacrit though, which is very useful for when you're shooting at demomen or soldiers who can blow you to hell as soon as they notice you.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: July 09, 2010, 03:35:49 pm »

Headshots instacrit though, which is very useful for when you're shooting at demomen or soldiers who can blow you to hell as soon as they notice you.
If they are in range to blow you to hell headshots won't help unless you are good at close range quickscoping.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: July 09, 2010, 03:38:01 pm »

If they are in range to blow you to hell headshots won't help unless you are good at close range quickscoping.

It's really hard to fire a rocket launcher at someone when you're dead.

A soldier can take you out from any range. Those rockets aren't affected by gravity.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: July 09, 2010, 03:41:37 pm »

I think the problem I'm having with the gunslinger is that you HAVE to build those diddy sentrys with it. If it gave you the choice of either a diddy sentry or a normal one, but not both, then it'd be much more worthwhile.

I did find out that you can destroy your sentry yourself to get the revenge crits with the new shotgun though, which I imagine will be patched out within a week or two.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: July 09, 2010, 03:43:22 pm »

Well, looks like the gunboats...

*Puts on sunglasses*

Just got the boot.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: July 09, 2010, 03:49:15 pm »

You are all underestimating the damage of a level 1 sentry. Being caught by surprise by one is lethal unless you're a heavy or a spy.

The mini-sentries may be less lethal but then you shouldn't rely on them to get the kill themselves. They're more of an assist tool to your shotgun.

Plus, having an instant sentry (and I mean instant, if you build one first and deploy it somewhere useful) can be really helpful.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: July 09, 2010, 03:56:22 pm »

You are all underestimating the damage of a level 1 sentry. Being caught by surprise by one is lethal unless you're a heavy or a spy.

The mini-sentries may be less lethal but then you shouldn't rely on them to get the kill themselves. They're more of an assist tool to your shotgun.

Plus, having an instant sentry (and I mean instant, if you build one first and deploy it somewhere useful) can be really helpful.

If you're going to build one beforehand then you mayaswell build a level 3, sure itll take slightly longer to set up, but it's infinatly more usefull.

Pretty much every other class can take out a diddy sentry before it kills them, even if it catches them by surprise.

I dunno, just seems like a dissapointing update for the engie overall. Especially since they nerfed sandvich and gunboats too. :(
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 774