Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777844 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile

And got through... not bad. I can't wait to see what stats Valve adds to the items.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

I shall attempt to provide info on the winners for those who can't even view the opening image on the announcing page.:

Soldier gets a pack, unsure of the items.
Scout gets a pack, milkman themed (which, yes, means we get a third version of his drinks).
Pyro gets a pack, gasman themed.
Spy gets a pack, Saharan themed (with, as I edited into my last post, a knife replacement, which we didn't get with the Spyper update a year ago).
Sniper gets a pack, croc themed. Crocskin shield, crochead hat, dart gun, and darts as a Misc item for his pocket (if that item gets put in by Valve).

I think this might actually be next week's Community update. Maybe. We shall see. I say next week's because the first two Community updates were about two months apart, and if Valve continues that trend (it's possible), we should have a Community update next week. However, I'm not sure if Valve will release more new stuff so close to the Engineer update. It would hopefully get rid of any remaining Engy spam, but it would also be like stealing their own thunder.

And Soulwynd, I'm sorry, but there's no buildings that won the Polypack contest. It's always possible they'll be in future Community updates, though, especially with this part in the winner announcement:

Out of the 70 or so entries that Valve received, Robin tells me that nearly half of the entries are of a high enough quality to be shipped in future updates without much work needed on Valve side. So, if you did not win this time around you can be confident that your items will one day find there way in to Team Fortress 2.

It's interesting to note that this update guarantees that there will be at least 2 weapons that have 2 Contributed in-game versions: the Kukri and Bonk!. The Pyro has 2 official melee weapons, but they're pretty similar, so I suppose the Gasman's melee and Homewrecker could count towards that too.

[PPE:] Same here, OJ. Especially the Sniper pack with the dart gun. It will be interesting to see if Valve keeps headshots for that (likely, but possibly in some new way, like headshots may give slowdown to the target or something), and what kind of arc the darts will have (will they be like the Medic's syringe gun or more like a Huntsman arrow?).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Ok, having some kind of TF2 issue.  I join a game and it's like I have an over 1000 ping.  It's like playing a slideshow.  However my info says I have 130ping, my usual on the DFC server with none of the other numbers showing anything out of the ordinary.

Verify game cache shows everything is fine and dandy.  Any thoughts?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, nice. The Tank Buster gun is just so... so... I'd need some stronger words, but cool and powerful.

One thing though, where's the Medic love? He hasn't got a single new thing since his update years ago.

EDIT: I'm not particularly impressed by the Pyro or Spy things, but the others are just great.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:01:27 pm by LASD »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

Ok, having some kind of TF2 issue.  I join a game and it's like I have an over 1000 ping.  It's like playing a slideshow.  However my info says I have 130ping, my usual on the DFC server with none of the other numbers showing anything out of the ordinary.

Is it instantly like this, or after a few minutes of play before the lag?

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Is your FPS going down like shit? Might be something hogging your cpu. If your ping is low but the gameplay is choppy full of rubberbanding, type net_graph 3 in the console and check for choke/loss.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I have net_graph 1 or 2 (don't remember which heh)up all the time.  I'll try out 3 though it could give me more information.  Unfortunately I'm kinda bad at figuring out the meaning behind most of that.  I'll try it and see what I come up with.

Oh yea, big numbers.  Getting a loss of between 10 and 40 sporatically, sometimes going down to 0 for short periods at which time it seems to work.  Choke is about 30ish.

I imagine loss is packetloss.  But I'm not sure what choke is, never heard of it.  I must have been playing DF on my laptop during Netplus class when the professor talked about it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:18:56 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Did anyone else notice the Sniper Pack has filler text?
Shoes...

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Did anyone else notice the Sniper Pack has filler text?
Yes.

I like the sniper pack, though it isn't as good as the Moby Dick based one due to lack of harpoon gun, the spy pack (that or the card or silent tools were my favourites) and I like the buff banner based radio for the tankbuster, but everything else fails to really impress me, especially the gasman one, which is a shame as there were a load of great packs. Still we'll hopefully see the rest of the good items introduced later.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Ooh, nice. The Tank Buster gun is just so... so... I'd need some stronger words, but cool and powerful.
I think I agree. It definitely looks quite different from the official rocket launchers, which I like. I also like the hat and the flag and backpack of The Battalion's Back-Up (the bugle itself is rather plain). These packs have helped me decide what class's hat I'll be crafting once these are released. ;)

One thing though, where's the Medic love? He hasn't got a single new thing since his update years ago.
He'll probably get a Community thing in the near future. There were some really nice Medic packs made for the contest. It probably won't be another Medigun though.

EDIT: I'm not particularly impressed by the Pyro or Spy things, but the others are just great.
While I agree for the most part with this statement, I like the knife and the flamethrower, if mainly to see what mechanics Valve attaches to them.

[PPE:] Yeah, Cthulhu, but the guy made it himself, just like the other pack makers did with theirs. He doesn't know what Valve is going to do with his items (aside from perhaps his hat and Misc. darts which never have attributes attached) so any text he wrote would just be unofficial fluff. While it was largely unnecessary to include "Stuff" over and over again when he could have just left it blank except for names and images, I like that unofficial "poster" better than the Pyro pack's "poster."

[PPE2:] I prefer the Croc Sniper pack to the Moby Dick one. My favorite Solly pack was nautical themed, and had a torpedo launcher, complete with new rocket/torpedo models, which are something I'm sad the Soldier hasn't gotten yet, even with the Direct Hit.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Mirrors:

Scout
Soldier
Pyro
Sniper
Spy
My thoughts,

Soldier - Tank Buster looks awesome.
Pyro - Powerpack and Degreaser look cool.
Sniper - The whole thing looks awesome.
Spy - I've seen that top picture before, also revolver looks sick.
Scout - Ehhh

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

My thoughts: SPy gets a new knife?!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pyro: Curious how the new main will get statted, but otherwise unimpressive.
Scout: Fuck scouts and the fuckers who play them. >:(
Sniper: The dartgun concerns me, because it'll likely end up like a scoped sandman, making snipers even more obnoxious than they already are. >:( Rest is unimpressive.
Soldier: The black box is intriguing, the rest seems uninspired.
Spy: Everything looks awesome.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Comeon the Powerjack looks awesome. Just the useless gear bits make it look like something some steampunk engineer would craft together from spare parts. And a battery.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 774